“Great short break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Wild Duck Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a long weekend here with family - we stayed in two of the basic caravans. My hopes weren't high and I thought this would just make a good base for trips to the seaside. However I was pleasantly surprised by this park. The caravans were basic but well equipped and, most importantly, clean! A lady stopped by when we had arrived to ask if we were happy with everything so we had opportunity to say if we weren't.

The park itself is well equipped. The only downsides for us was that the pool is a little small for the size of the park so gets very busy (plus the baby pool was not in use) and the entertainment room is far too small - had not chance of getting in on our first night as the queue was out of the door and it looked like a 'one in, one out' situation. The shop is more pricey than a supermarket but that's to be expected plus there is a large Tesco 10 mins drive away on the way to Gt Yarmouth if you really don't want to pay more.

We enjoyed two meals in the Sitting Duck restaurant where service was quick and they were very nice. The location is great - really easy to get to the coast. Also the children's play areas were lovely - especially the tree house! The kids also loved seeing all the wildlife - lots of rabbits and butterflies around.

The team there were really friendly. A lovely park and we would go again.

2  Thank erikakaka79
Wild Duck H, Manager at Wild Duck Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review as all feedback we receive from our valued guests is very important to us.
I’m really glad to see that you and your family appreciated our lovely woodland setting which is something the whole team are proud of.
I am sincerely sorry that you were unable to get in to see the evening entertainment, it is a problem that we have experienced over the busy periods and when there are popular acts on. I can assure you that this is something that we will be looking into for the future but again I apologise if this in any way spoilt your holiday.
I do hope that you will not judge us too harshly and that you will return to the Wild Duck to see the improvements that we are constantly making from year to year.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just back from midweek break, 2 adults, 4 teenagers. Caravan was lovely, virtually brand new. Even so, on two nights I was so cold I couldn't sleep so wish I'd gone for the heated holiday home. This is in August and I don't generally feel the cold.
Setting is lovely amongst the trees and we loved seeing the rabbits. It was a novelty being woken up by ducks instead of seagulls!
First night had a meal in the Sitting Duck which I must say was awful. We waited for an hour, my daughter's pasta dish was inedible and when we asked for a replacement what turned up was just as bad, being pasta in a watery tomato sauce with a weird taste. Couldn't be bothered complaining again as we were so hungry. My scampi had to go back as it didn't have any of the accompaniments it was supposed to have, And the scampi was soft and the peas and bread were dry - these aren't difficult dishes to get right and we didn't go in again. Apart from the chippy this is the only place to get a hot meal unfortunately.

The pools were ok but very crowded. The entertainment is a big part of our holiday, especially having 4 teenagers to entertain. However, the venue is way too small. The first night we managed to get a table after hanging around for ages. The second night we just gave up in the end and we'd turned up much earlier. Other nights we had to hang around for ages, waiting for parents with tiny children to go after the kiddies stuff. Entertainment was average, same people, different outfits. The best thing, the only outside act to come in, was the Pink tribute act who was amazing and really livened the place up.

We won't be returning to Wild Duck. I loved the setting but the food and the entertainment just don't compare with other parks.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellen W
Wild Duck H, Manager at Wild Duck Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I’m really pleased to read that you found our woodland setting so lovely, but I do agree with you that the insulation in a caravan does not compare to that of your own home or in fact a hotel.
I am sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your meals in the Sitting Duck, the service you appear to have received is totally unacceptable and I will make sure that the Complex Manager is made aware of your comments.
With regards to the entertainment a lot of what they do is out of our hands in terms of the product they deliver, however I can assure you that we do try our best to provide entertainment that will appeal to all ages and I apologise if that isn’t coming across.
I am disappointed to see that you won’t be returning to the Wild Duck and I can only apologise if your holiday didn’t meet your expectations.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just got back from a 4 night stay at Wild Duck, what can I say apart from excellent on all counts, stayed in a 2014 superior caravan just behind The Sitting Duck pub. We had a lovely meal (took advantage of the 25% off time slot). Pools were both exceptionally clean and the evening entertainment was great (my two girls 7 and 11 loved it). We are booking again for next year. The only thing I would add is perhaps a pizza/kebab van/shop

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our park. Guest feedback is really important to us at Wild Duck and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.
It’s great to see that you’ve already booked again for next year and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights camping. Welcome lovely and couldn't of been better and the actual location is beautiful however that is the only positive I can mention.
The Spar shop was very un-stocked and obviously missing a trick and not benefitting from all the guests that wanted to spend money.
The Sitting Duck restaurant was shocking!!! Over priced food to say the least. If you had sandwiches and food that wasn't fried then yes it was tasty however the fried food was horrendous. We asked for chicken strips one evening and it came out looking like fried fish and also tasted like fish. We asked about this and they said I'm sorry but the chicken and fish are cooked in the same fryer???? Really well that doesn't sound safe but that's the way it was. The food as you can tell was a disappointment so take your own or eat off site.
Swimming pool facilities rubbish and the swimming pool was small especially for such a big complex and crazy golf was manky been there for years and just neglected. I much prefer Hopton site just up the road as that met my expectations.
Also the toilets/ shower area needs some tlc

1  Thank diddlydee_71

I’m really pleased to see that you received a warm welcome and that you found the park to be in a lovely setting.
I was very concerned to read your comments about the food and the service you received in the Sitting Duck. I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we aim to give our valued guests and I have spoken to the Complex Manager so that she can investigate your points.
I do agree with you that there are some areas of the park, such as the Crazy Golf and the Spar shop, that could benefit from improvement and we do have plans to address these issues during the winter months.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review as all feedback from our guests is important to us.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here in a group of 6. 2 adults & 4 kids aged 8-11. Booked through 2cholidays & the Diamond caravan was absolutely lovely. Very plush caravan, very clean , modern & well equipped.
This park is the nicest. 2 pools with lots of activities for the kids.
Didn't use the "show bar" as it's not our thing so can't comment on the evenings entertainment.
The park is very well located with Gorleston beach a few minutes drive away which is a MUST!
All in all we loved it.

• Stayed: August 2014
Wild Duck H, Manager at Wild Duck Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Wild Duck, we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us and that you were delighted with your accommodation.
It was nice to read that you enjoyed your visit to Gorleston beach and we hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you on another stay with us in the near future.
Holiday Experience Manger

Reviewed 13 August 2014

chavtastic if thats your thing

swimming pool size of postage stamp, expensive food. mini golf course covered in stones. i did pay more so got a caravan at the edge which was fine and quiet though

ending up eating out all 3 nights

1  Thank windsor_adventurer

Thank you for your review of Wild Duck.
We value all feedback from our guests and everyone has their own opinion, it’s just a shame that you didn’t elaborate on the points you made.
Our aim is for all our guests to have an enjoyable holiday and I’m sorry if you were in any way disappointed by your stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed in a caravan for a week in August, a family with a 9yr old and grandparents too. The caravan was clean and equipped, and beds comfy. We were located behind the entertainment complex which caused us concern, but the noise was never enough to cause any problems. The park itself is lovely set in amongst the trees, with lots of wildlife to see everyday.
The onsite shop "Spar" was sparsley stocked and a real disappointment. The food from the Bar was good, although a tiny bit over priced.
The crazy/mini golf on the site is in an appalling state and in dire need of repair - and the fact of the charges of £4 per person to play, is awful - it should be free considering the state of it!! Indoor & outdoor pools both kept clean and the lifeguards were vigilant though easy going. My biggest let down to the site was the evening entertainment. The childrens entertainment went on for too long, and the dance routines they were trying to get the kids to do were far too complex. Gone are the good old days of a Rory routine. When the entertainment provided by the funstars aimed more at adults starts - it was the same story, the funstars dance routines going at 100 mph to a slow song just looked wrong! The singing wasn't bad, the dancing itself was good - but just needs to re-assess how the singing and dancing goes together!! There was a real lack of childrens day time activities that didn't cost an arm and 6 legs, but this didn't bother us as we had sooo many places to visit in great Yarmouth that we weren't around during the day time.
All in all - its a nice site, location is quite good, just needs to improve the mini golf & give its evening entertainment a fresh look.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Here at Wild Duck we’re all really proud of our lovely woodland setting and it’s great to see that our guests appreciate it too.
Firstly, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, all feedback we receive from our guests is extremely valuable to us whether that feedback is good or bad.
I do have to agree with your comments regarding the Crazy Golf, we are fully aware that it could benefit from some upgrading and we do have plans to do that for next year and I’m sorry if it spoilt your holiday in any way.
With regards to your comments about the entertainment, I think that in some ways this will always come down to personal taste. A lot of the things the entertainments team do are out of our hands in terms of the product they deliver, however this does not mean that your remarks will not be forwarded onto the right people at head office. I assure you that we are always trying to do our best to provide entertainment for all ages; children and adults. We try to make sure that, for example: the games we play are suited to the children on holiday at that particular time. We are continuously learning what is best for our guests all round and hope that you appreciate that we do our best to cater for all. We are passionate about what we do and I apologise if that is not coming across, we can only take on board all of your feedback and utilise it to improve!
I really hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future so you can see the improvements we make.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Yarmouth
#1 of 1 in Burgh St Peter
Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
#15 of 21 in Great Yarmouth

Been to Wild Duck Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!