“Disappointed”

Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
Colhester
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked what we were led to believe as a group to stay together as we had eight children between us and wanted them to be close together to play but we for seperate a in areas,we complained but told nothing they can do an it was head offices fault. our caravan smelt musky , the entertainment was poor. There were limited choice for food ie pizza ( expensive ) Burger King ( expensive ) and no fish and chip shop in site. I would run a hot dog stall if I hade my way !!!! We were becoming regular users of haven but I feel they are starting to slip up. We have booked up for Hopton in August as we do believe in haven holidays but think improvements are needed Hopton hasn't let u down so far but seashores was a bit disappointing. As for the road train it's a bloody rip off when you can park ya car for just £4 it cost us £7 for that rubbish train

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Adeeee78
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hi Adeee78
Thank you for reviewing our park here at Seashore.
I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and that the location was not to your understanding.
We do not guarantee location as there are a number of factors inhibiting us to do so. When a group booking is made, I recommend calling the park direct if you have specific needs as we will be able to provide all the correct details prior to arriving.
Any reports that are received from our Guests regarding their stay are followed up and rectified at the first instance. I am unaware if the musky smell was reported while you were visiting, we recommend upon arrival to report any issues to holiday sales reception and offer 24 hour assistance.
The entertainment is varied and being a family park, we offer a choice to suit all generations. Michelle Burns our entertainments Manager appreciates all feedback and would welcome any suggestions you may offer.
The Burger King and Papa John’s restaurants have some great offers with promotional discounts and family meal deals. Although we do not have a separate fish and chip shop on park, the mash and barrel Restaurant serve traditional fish and chips along with a variety of seafood choices.
The land train operates from our park between the hours of 10 am and 5pm.This is a great transport method which is preferred by our Guests with children as its a little adventure on route to the seafront.
I hope you will return to visit us here at Seashore as I would like you to receive the best possible experience and to offer my personal assistance. I am sure you will have a great time at Hopton and wish yourself and your family my best wishes.

tripadvisorseashore@haven.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Modern facilities with a wide range of entertainment on. Came here with my partner, toddler, mum, dad and brother for a long weekend and there was something to please all of us. Nice walk into the centre of Great Yarmouth, but if walking isn't your thing then there's regular road trains into town. I cannot fault seashore, the staff work hard and the facilities are good. We will be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SteadBlything
Hi steadblything

Thank you for such super feedback regarding your Seashore experience.
It is great to hear that your Holiday was enjoyed by yourself and your family and that there was something to please all the family.
The walk from the park itself to the Seafront and town is an enjoyable stroll and as you have mentioned, there is the land train that operates from the park.
To be made aware you are returning to the park is fantastic news! I recommend calling the park direct as I will be able to assist with any information you may require and provide advice to ensure the best possible stay.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future,
Hi steadblything

Thank you for such super feedback regarding your Seashore experience.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future,
donny
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed 17th-23rd may , and loved it we arrived and was greeted with very pleasant lady who gave us our keys and explained where everything was and gave us lots of information on the site and Great Yarmouth . We where very happy when we drove up to our van in front of the sea once inside we where just as happy it was immaculate very spacious and modern, we had booked a prestige and for the price we paid it was brilliant even had en-suite. Were a couple on our own so can't say about the childrens facilities but there looked plenty for them to do, the play area large the pool looked lovely, we played bingo one tea time and there was a kiddies disco on after and they all seemed to be happily dancing along. We only had one meal in the mash and barrel was very nice the staff were friendly and prompt there were plenty people eating in there , we also enjoyed a few drinks in the bar area. We always choose Haven parks and always enjoy our stay at your parks usually Berwick upon Tweed and Reighton Sands , but thought we would travel a bit further this holiday, and were really pleased we did as another great holiday has been had Thank you again Haven

Room Tip: If you can afford to pay a little extra for prestige, it's really worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank enochDonny
Hi enochDanny
Thank you for taking the time to review our park here at Seashore.
It is lovely to hear of the fantastic holiday you experienced while visiting with us and how happy you were with the location.
As a regular Guest to Haven I am sure you are aware that throughout our Company our main concern is to achieve the highest Customer Service for our Guests.
It fills me with pride that you chose to travel further afield to visit us here at Seashore. To receive such positive feedback is wonderful and it’s a pleasure to inform our team of our Guests feedback.
I am overjoyed that the extra journey was well worth it and you were to visit us here at Seashore in Great Yarmouth .I sincerely hope you will return to visit us as it will be my pleasure to welcome you back and to ensure a fantastic stay.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed from 17th to 24th, we were pleasantly surprised to get a free upgrade when we arrived which started our holiday off lovely.

The site is well maintained and there is plenty for kids to do.

Our 4 year old daughter loved meeting the characters and dancing and joining in with the fun stars especially Alex, Tara and Holly who were absolutely fantastic with her - a big thanks for that.

Overall a great holiday and will return one day.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi Lorrainec

Thank you for the 5*review of our Park here at Seashore.
We appreciate all feedback and to read such positive comments is an added bonus.
It must have been a lovely surprise to be allocated in an upgraded unit which started your holiday off with an Added bonus.
The funstars provide great entertainment and we receive fantastic reviews’ regarding the interaction with children of all ages.It is fab to hear your daughter enjoyed dancing and joining in the fun as these are the best memories to hold onto.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and send all our best wishes from Seashore Holiday Park.
Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

STAYED 19th/23 of may for a 4 day break i was going to go for cheaper sun holiday but they couldnt guarantee caravans together so booked through haven head office whom linked the two bookings we wanted this as it was our first holiday with my son and grandson and wanted him to go from caravan to caravan unfortunatley we were given breakwater 49 and 53 which were seperated by a carpark even though i phoned the park before hand a month before just to check we would be next to each other TUESDAY morning woke dead on 8am buy gardeners truck and prunning bushes opposite the sweeper went up and down the same bit of road 12 times joke then wednesday 8am strimmer around caravan hubby wasnt impresssed and low and be hold my birthday 8am truck breaks down long conversations on walky talkies and strimmers again being by the road was noisey but tollerable but gardeners working right outside caravan window for upto 1 hour every morning wasnt fair AS a previous owner on this site 10 years ago a lot has changed cleaner modern site but its a shame that all activities you have to pay extra for i remember the days of donkey derbys on the green and football matches run by the haven mates free of charge was dissapointed as we had our 2/half year old grandson there was no climbing frame for under 5s outside there were a couple of seasaw things with a over 5 climbing frame right next door where he wanted to go on but was to young un fortunatley i think haven got that part wrong as out of school time there was a lot of uneder 5s would be in 2 minds to return to this site as felt that with the mix up with the vans and the noisy gardeners could happen again sry haven seashore from mrs beardall

Hi boblers67
Thank you for taking the time to review our park here at Seashore.
I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the location of your Holiday homes that had been linked together.
We do not guarantee any bookings to be next door to each other as this is not always achievable. I would like to discuss this further with you and recommend contacting me direct at the park as I would like to give you further information.
I understand that while on holiday we all like to enjoy an extra hours rest due to not always managing this with day to day life. The gardeners pride themselves on maintaining the park appearance and have a large area to cover throughout the day. I have spoken to the Maintenance Manager, John Zoet, who has confirmed the gardeners start the day at 9am, although the siting team have an earlier start. It seems that on your visit this would have been the siting team preparing for projects taking place on park.
I am sorry that your Birthday was met with the unfortunate event of a truck breaking down. This is something we are unable to foresee although we aim to rectify at the first instance.
The activity pass is a separate charge due to different age groups and different needs our Guests may require. If this was applied to all bookings an increase would incur although the activities are not required by all Guests.
The play area is recommended for children of over 8 years with children of a younger age to be supervised by an adult in care of. We have a soft ball area at our mash and barrel restaurant also and advise that all areas are unsupervised.
Although the football has been removed from the programme, we have added a family fun day event named everybody outdoors. This includes rounders, Frisbee and really gets all the family involved.
I would love for you to come back to our park as I would personally like to assist with your future bookings and to make your holiday a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me direct at the park as it will be my pleasure to offer assistance.
hertfordshire
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed for the week from the 16th. We had a great time all week. It was me, hubby and 2 girls age 2 and 14 weeks. We stayed in a prestige caravan in the ketch area and this was lovely. Ketch is a really good location on the park.
We used the pool twice and both times the water was a good warm temperature and the facilities were clean. There were a few family cubicles which were good for us to all get changed together.
We used the mash and barrel a few times for food and the food was good. We were able to take advantage of the 25% off before 5 deal as our daughter eats early. The desserts seemed quite expensive compared to the main menu. The staff in the mash and barrel were a little hit and miss. We had amazing service from 2 members and a couple of staff members seemed like they weren't really interested. Mario in particular was great with our daughters and is an asset to the team.
The park is very flat making it ideal for pushchairs or wheelchair users. It is about 40 minutes walk from Great Yarmouth pier. You could probably do it quicker but with 2 little ones in tow we did it at quite a leisurely pace. This is great for people that don't want to or can't drive, parking in Yarmouth itself is quite expensive.
We would definitely return.

3 Thank snorklebum
Hi snorklebum
Thank you for reviewing our park here at Seashore.
It is such a pleasure to read that you experienced a great time throughout your stay with us, this is fabulous!
The swimming pool has seen great improvement this season with a fabulous makeover poolside and throughout the changing areas. The temperature is consistently monitored throughout the day with the baby pool being a degree higher.
I am very pleased the food at our Restaurant was enjoyed by yourself and your family and that you were able to take advantage of the 25% discount offer.
I am concerned to hear that not all team members provided the best possible service at the mash and barrel restaurant .Here at Seashore we aim to provide the highest standard of customer satisfaction and I apologise this was not met. I understand Mario was fabulous which I will personally pass on to him; he really is an asset to our Seashore team!
It is great to be made aware you are returning to our park and if you would like to discuss anything regarding future bookings, please contact me direct at the park.

Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Let me firstly say this was the first of hopefully many more visits here! We visited for 4 nights from Mon 12th May to Fri 16th May, we booked with the Sun £9.50 holidays, nothing like a bargin break! As we had a dog with us we were in one the most basic caravans but it was fab!! Having been to various Haven parks since I was young, I have nearly always booked with Haven myself. And after a few visits in recent years to Caister, decided on Seashore as it's that bit closer to Great Yarmouth town and had seen excellent reviews. Well we arrived quite early (about 4 hours before check in time) not expecting our caravan to be ready for us but much to our surprise it was. Jessie that checked us in was lovely, really helpful, couldn't have asked for a nicer, more polite person to deal with after being up since stupid o'clock so we didn't get stuck in the traffic near Elveden! Lol! We had 2 small problem which needed maintenence to come out but they were both sorted within 30 mins of making the call. The food at the Mash and Barrel was delicious, reasonably priced too, same as most pubs etc. We only really got a few bits from the Spar shop on site but I don't think it was too overpriced similar prices to most corner shops really. In general the park was very clean and tidy. The swimming pool was lovely, clean and a nice temperature. I also liked the fact there were a few access points to the beach, and the veiwing stations are a great idea. All in all a fantastic break was had by all. When we come again we will be booking for at least a week!

Room Tip: The bedrooms can get a little chilly in the evenings, put the fire on in the lounge and leave the be...
1 Thank Cheryl D
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Hi CherylD

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your stay here at Seashore Holiday Park.
It is great to hear that the accommodation allocated to yourself and your family was fab.All of our accommodations are thoroughly prepared for our Guests and Denise latter our accommodations Manager is thrilled to receive your comments regarding this.
Our Guests are more than welcome to arrive on park prior to their arrival time as this enables you to start your holiday at the first instance. On some occasions the holiday homes are prepared earlier and it seems this was the case for you which is an added bonus!
Jessie Makki who booked you in at reception is a lovely young lady who I am proud to say is a part of our team. All the Seashore staff pride themselves in welcoming our Guests and Owners and it is great for me to share the feedback with all team members throughout the park.
The maintenance team are always at hand and as you have mentioned arrive promptly to any jobs that are reported. We supply a 24 hour assistance number with team members always ready to help our Guests and Owners on park.
The appearance of Seashore Holiday Park is of a high standard with special Thanks to our Wardens and gardeners who patrol the park throughout the day.
It is brilliant to hear how lovely and clean the swimming pool area was .Seashore has seen some great improvements this season with the swimming pool being one of them. Howard Dickinson our Sports and leisure Manager keeps a thorough check on the pool temperature and keeps to the highest standards regarding cleanliness.

The spar shop has some great offers and meal deals which are competitive with supermarkets around the town. This is really useful as the shop caters for everybody’s needs with fresh and frozen products along with the extended gift shop.
It is great to hear that not only are you visiting our park again but are also extending to a week next time! I recommend giving us a call direct at the park as it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Kind regards