“Fantastic time. Could be cleaner”

and 1 more site!
Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
“Fantastic time. Could be cleaner”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my fiancèe came to seashore for 10 nights. The site is huge.
Check in was absolutely brilliant, we were given our keys and had access to our caravan 2 hours before the stated time.
The caravan itself was lovely, however there was a couple of things that the cleaners had missed such as hairs and food crumbs all over a shelf and cobwebs hanging from the ceiling.
The food at Mash and barrel was absolutely delicious however the cleanliness was appalling. They would clear plates away but not wipe the tables. We had to ask them to wipe our table which was covered in dry ice cream yet she wiped it with a cloth, no spray so in hindsight just wiped the icecream around the table. Gross.
We went to the over 18's bingo on a numerous occasions during our stay, however it was full of children, who were noisy (one night we missed the last number we were waiting for because of the noise...not happy. . Bye bye £200)
The cleanliness of the live lounge where bingo takes place was also shockingly awful. Half chewed lollies and half drunken cans just left on the tables from goodness knows when. Dreadful.
The amusements were good.
Papa johns and burger king were lovely.
The land train was good into yarmouth but at £2 a trip it got quite expensive.
As much as we enjoyed ourselves, we wouldn't go here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James B
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi James B.

Thank you for the feedback received regarding your recent visit to Seashore Holiday Park.
It is great your checkin process was absolutely brilliant and that you were able to access your holiday home before your allocated time.
I am sincerely sorry your holiday home was not prepared to the highest standard in regards to the cleanliness. Any reports that are made to us are followed up at the first instant.
The mash and Barrel Restaurant have received some fab reviews this year making it very disappointing to hear about the cleanliness. I have spoken with Jason our complex Manager who has confirmed he is speaking with all team members to inform them it is of paramount importance to keep the standards to the highest level.
To play cash bingo our Guests and owners are required to be aged 18 or over. We are unable to have an all adult venue as this would be unfair to adults visiting on their own with children or families who would like to play bingo together. We do ask for children to be monitored at all times by the parent or carer in charge and for minimum sound and activity.
The bar team and entertainment team prepare the livelounge after any activities throughout the day. I am concerned with the information you have provided and I will certainly follow up this report with the team.
Papa John’s and burger king are very popular venues and offer an alternative to a sit down restaurant meal. We also have special offers and vouchers throughout the season and family meal deals.
The land train is operated by an external company and is a very popular choice. This is a great way to travel to the seafront and town and is enjoyed especially by children as it’s a great way to see all the views.
I hope you will return to our park as I would love to offer my personal interest in your booking and to ensure a great holiday. I am sure you would experience a fantastic holiday and anything I am able to assist with will be my pleasure. If you require discussing anything further, please contact me direct at the park.
Guest Relations manager
tripadvisorseashore@haven.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed for 7 nights starting on the 16th of June in a prestige caravan.The caravan was very nice but it had an ant infestation and the coffee table had ants crawling over it when we first arrived.We was going to ask for another van or exterminator etc but after clearing them up We did the trick of putting a pile of sugar under the caravan everyday and that virtually solved our problem for the rest of the week but we still had around 30 to 40 ants on average per day.The cleaning was ok but there was a lot of dust on the tops of the cupboards which stuck to our cloths etc when we pulled them down the next day and behind the 3 seater settee was quite dirty which we only pulled out as we were trying eliminate the ants. Also when we arrived one of the single bed covers had a blood stain on it so we phoned reception and to their credit it was replaced within 15 minutes which we thought was excellent service.The reception staff are friendly and there was fun-star guy outside reception juggling which helped entertain our kids whilst we checked in.The park was very clean and there was always maintenance work going on which was nice to see as it shows how much work goes into the park.The mash and barrel does lovely food and are priced like any other restaurant of that type so that was good.The entertainment is mainly focused on the kids and my kids love the seaside squad characters.We stayed in the JASMINE area and it is a very short walk to the beach which was lovely.Great yarmouth and the surrounding areas have a lot to offer and we will be returning to the area as we feel we barely scratched the surface of the things we can do.A few days before we were due to go on our holiday we were called by the park and offered a 2014 model of the prestige for an extra £35 which i accepted but in hindsight i wish i hadn't bothered as it was no different to any other prestige we have stayed in and we were put in an area surrounded by barking dogs and under a helicopter route was was very noisy from 6.30 am.I am sure we would have had the same experience if i hadn't took the offer and would have saved £35 in the process.One thing that did upset us quite a bit was in the arcade on our last evening my daughter went to have a ride on the balloon ride just outside the prize shop and the machine didn't work.Upon getting the guy to refund us our pound as my daughter did not want to go on another ride at that time which he offered to do he came across as very grumpy and he made us feel like we were trying to con him out of a pound which made us feel uneasy particularity as we spent quite a lot of money in there throughout the week.The security staff were friendly and they made us show our passes to enter the club which is great but one day i left my pass in the caravan so i flashed my (game reward card) and was still let in.
Taking everything into account it was a very nice holiday and all the staff except the arcade guy were very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: We stayed in jasmine and it was a minutes walk to the beach and about 3 mins to the mash and barrel...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Matt B
Hi Matt B

Thank you for reviewing our park here at Seashore.
I am very sorry you were to experience an issue with ants while you were visiting us. Any reports that are made to our team are followed up at the first instant and we would have certainly rectified this for you.
All our Holiday Homes are prepared to the highest standard ready for our Guests arrival. I am sincerely sorry this was not met for you and I would love to discuss this further at your convenience.
As you have mentioned, the team are very efficient when a job is reported and arrive promptly to assist. I am pleased the bedding was replaced for you and resolved within 15 minutes.
The funstars are great at entertaining and provide a friendly welcome at checkin with different activities being provided to keep the children entertained and the parents love it too!
There are always improvements being made to the park and we have some new play area equipment this season which has received great reviews.
There are many great days out to be enjoyed and I would love to provide you with some ideas for your next visit to Great Yarmouth.
I am sorry you were disappointed with the location of your holiday home and were disturbed by the helicopter base. We have contacted the company and been advised they are to use alternative route and not to travel across the park.
I am very concerned with your comments regarding the arcade staff. All team are to provide the best customer service and it is very unfortunate this was not achieved by us. If you contact me with your details I will arrange for a letter to be sent to your Daughter from her favourite character.
Passes are to always be checked by our Security team and I believe that the team member may have recognised you from previous evenings, therefore not asking to see it. I have spoken to Dale Simmons our Security Manager who has informed me that he will talk to the team and install how important checking passes is even if a Guest is recognised.
I hope you will continue to visit us here at Seashore Holiday Park as I would love to welcome yourself and your family back and to ensure an enjoyable visit. If you require discussing this further, it will be my pleasure to help.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived 30th May for a Fri-Mon break. We had paid for an upgrade but we were upgraded again free of charge which was a nice surprise. The caravan was lovely, it was quite clean and in a quiet position overlooking the racecourse which was perfect for us. The park itself is well laid out, very clean and well kept and was great to ride around on the bikes you can hire. Our 2 year old loved the kiddies parks and the swimming pool which was also nice and clean.The staff were also very friendly and helpful. Great Yarmouth is only a short bus or land train ride away and if you have small children a visit to Joyland is a must. We had to return the next day and buy another bag of tokens as we had so much fun on our first visit. Overall we had an amazing holiday and wished we could've stayed a bit longer. The weather was amazing the whole time we were there so we were able to do and see quite a lot in the few days we were there. I would definitely recommend Seashore, especially to families with young children. The only negative we found was that the microphones in the club were set up way too loud! It was quite deafening and we had to leave shortly after getting there as our young son said it was hurting his ears.
Other than that we had no complaints and will hopefully be returning next year.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank kezzz
Hi Kezzz

Thank you for the feedback received regarding your stay at Seashore Holiday Park.
We love to hear our Guests feedback and to receive a 5* review is terrific!
It must have been a lovely surprise to arrive on park and receive an upgrade. This does occasionally happen and it is lovely to inform our Guests of this and see a smiling face!
It is great the location was ideal for you and your family. I recommend contacting us prior to your arrival date if location is a request as we aim to meet our Guests requirements to our best ability
The park and all facilities are maintained to the highest standards and it is fantastic that this has been noticed.
The bike hire is ideal to travel around the park and explore all the different areas. The hire shop provides a great service with many different items available.
I have passed on your comments to Michelle Burns our Entertainment Manager regarding the microphones being set up too loud. The team check the system throughout the evening and will continue to monitor this is at the correct level.
All team members are happy to help and pride themselves in providing the best customer service. We love to speak to our Guests and owners on park and all departments are happy to help.
Joyland is a fab day out for younger children and I would love to provide information on many more attractions around Great Yarmouth and surrounding areas.
It is fabulous that you are looking to return next year. If you require any further information and I am able to assist you in anyway possible, please contact me as it will be my pleasure to help.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

we booked a deluxe caravan and it was spotless and well decorated was very impressed. the park itself is really nice and spread out with plenty of things to do on site or walk 2 miles down the road to all the arcades and amusements. we cannot wait to stay again and would recommend this holiday park :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hi Krisweeks
Thank you for reviewing our park here at Seashore.
The accommodation team work very hard to ensure our holiday homes are prepared to the highest standard. It is great that on entering your accommodation you found it to be well decorated and spotlessly clean.
There are many things to enjoy across the park and around the town and surrounding areas. As you have mentioned, we are only a short distance from the Seafront attractions which is a lovely walk along the beach or we have a land train that operates from our park main entrance.
It is fabulous that you are ready to come and visit us again and that you would highly recommend us. This fills me with pride and I would like to personally thank you for this.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and I hope to see you soon
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Was my first time at seashore and loved it. Kids really enjoyed it, good entertainment we enjoyed the comedian. staff where out straight away when told them travel cot was broke. I am coming back again in September. Love that the beach is a minute walk away

• Stayed May 2014
Hi Madden91
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay here at Seashore Holiday Park.
I am thrilled you enjoyed our Park thoroughly and are visiting us again in September. The location is ideal being situated close to the beach and being walking distance is an added advantage.
The team here at Seashore respond to all reports at the first instant and I am pleased this was achieved on your visit and your travel cot was fixed.
I am pleased the comedian who appeared was enjoyed by yourself and your family. The Entertainment is aimed for all generations and the team work very hard to provide a variety of choice.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and if I am able to assist you in anyway, please contact me direct at the park.

Scottish Borders
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week from 31st may til 7th june 2014. We arrived late due to traffic whilst travelling down from scotland and the staff at reception stayed behind to get us sorted into our accomodation. We had 2 caravans as there were 5 adults & 3 kids (8,7 & 2yrs old). On arrival the holiday park looked great. Plenty of playparks for the kids, the swimming area looked great and our accomodation was good too. We had 1 deluxe plus (which was longshore 9 caravan) and 1 standard plus (caravan longshore 48). Longshore was quite a bit away from the entertainment park but close enough to the swimming pool and bar/restuarant , Hash & Barrell. Still no complaint because it was only a 10/15minute walk to the entertainment lounge/arcade centre. Caravans really nice & clean although little dissappointed with the deluxe plus to the std plus. Std plus had a larger double bedroom and you can take pets whereas the deluxe plus had tiny bedrooms and a large livingroom which really didnt bother me much. The 7nights we were there the entertainment was okay. They start the bingo very early then the kids disco starts an hour later around 7pm. Upon checkin you get a booklet which details night time programmes as well as whats on during the day. The kids enjoyed the entertainment where the adults within our group found it abit boring once the kids stuff was over & done with! Outside the entertainment is the arcade which was really well equiped and had a small ten pin bowling which was good! £1pp for an entire game. Kids enjoyed that! Also within the entertainment complex was a papajohns & burgerking. Not too impressed with the papajohns. Had a few in the past but this one i didnt think the pizzas were very good, hardly any toppings so i prefered to have proper bar meals at the hash & barrel which is cheap (apart from puddings) and very much like a wetherspoons. We bought puddings for myself, my partner and 3 kids and it came to £17 but it was lovley & i recommend the triple layered chocolate fudge cake with icecream - awesome!!!:P swimming pool okay. Small baby slide & two big slides which were only on for 2 hours every wed & fri. They also have a small water park outside which the kids enjoyed with a bucket that fills and throws freezing water over you!! Water warmer in the inside pool. The characters walk around the park so there is a chance you may meet them outside of the night entertainment. My son met cheeky the monkey whilst as the playpark & he also met 2 other ones at the hash & barrell as they do character breakfasts every friday from 9.30am. Also they do karaoke every friday from 9.30pm and this wasnt very well noted and i was abit gutted as i love abit karaoke and missed out :/ there is also a little train which you can get from the main entrance (£1.50 per child £2 adult) which takes you into great yarmouth which was handy! We took alot of our food down but odd times had to use the spar on site and it is prooper expensive!! Take your own stuff. A tin of heinz macaroni cost me £1.60 :O!!!! All in all great holiday would go back definately. The kids really enjoyed themselves and weather was brilliant!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank leegee86
Hi Leegee86

It is great to receive our Guests comments and to receive a 5* review is wonderful!
The Standard plus is a lower graded accommodation to the deluxe plus and is a pet friendly unit. The models vary across all grades and have different layouts inside. I can confirm that the deluxe plus is a newer unit and also has the additional heating included.
I would recommend contacting us prior to your arrival date as although we do not guarantee location, we aim to meet requests made to our best ability.
I am sorry the entertainment was not enjoyed by the adults in your party. We provide a variety of shows and activities and aim to meet the needs of all our Guests and owners. Michelle Burns our Entertainments Manager appreciates all feedback and suggestions you may have and I would love to hear them too.
Papa John’s have received great reviews this season and I have had pleasure informing Tom Stanley the Papa John’s Manager and team. The toppings are portioned out adequately and I am able to confirm we have not received any previous reports of a lack of choice. There are 17 toppings which is less on our park as we are a non traditional store. All team members are happy to help and any concerns you may have, please let us know as we will assist you while you are on park and offer the correct information.
I have spoken to Nikki Turner our Bar and Restaurant Manager who has informed me that all prices across the food and drink products are kept to the minimum possible. The chocolate fudge cake sounds yummy and I will certainly be trying this myself following your review!
We have issued new play area equipment on park this season and the pool has received a makeover with our beach hut theme. Howard Dickinson our Sports and leisure Manager has confirmed the swimming pool and baby pool are set at the correct temperature and this is monitored throughout the day. When the flumes are in use and the main entrance door opens, this would notice an air temperature drop rather than a water temperature decrease.
I have informed our complex Manager Jason that you were disappointed to miss the karaoke and advised more signage and information to be given. It will not appear in the entertainment schedule as the time and day may vary throughout the season.
I am very happy that you were to experience the lovely weather while visiting us here at Great Yarmouth. We are never sure of our British weather although it’s great that we have lots to do throughout the day and evening on park itself.
The spar shop has a variety of selection which is great for our Guests and Owners who may not have transport from the park. Francis Harkin the spar shop Manager Offers lots of promotions and the instore bakery is a must to try.
I hope you will continue to visit us here at Seashore Holiday Park and if I am able to assist with anything at all, please contact me. Thanks again for taking the time to give us such fab feedback as it is very much appreciated.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I decided to book a 4 night break (9th June - 13th June) for myself and my husband with our friends. We arrived early (about 12pm) and were allowed to check in to our deluxe caravan early. The receptionist who checked us in (Jessie i think?) was really friendly and very helpful and also gave us another set of keys.

When we arrived the caravan it was lovely and clean and very spacious. We noticed a problem with our hot water and we had an ant problem but we rang the following morning and within 10minutes someone came and fixed the water and sprayed the ants and we never had any problems after that. The bedding was in good condition and the sofas weren't worn. Could have done with bins in the bathroom and en suite and definitely a non-stick frying pan in the kitchen.

The park itself was nice, very close to the beach. The pool was alright though I kept feeling things like used plasters at the bottom of the pool which really icked me out. The crazy golf was missing things from the course but it was fun enough. Drinks at the live lounge bar were stupidly over priced (cider, beer, malibu and coke, WKD was around £15!!!). Papa jones on site delivers to the caravans. The arcades were fun with a lot of choice.

All in all it was a lovely stay there and i would definitely go again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Sillypenguin13
Thank you for the feedback received regarding your stay at Seashore Holiday.
It is wonderful that you had an enjoyable stay and will be returning to visit us.
The young lady who checked you in is named Jessie who is very friendly and helpful and a real credit to our team.
The accommodations are prepared to the highest standard for our Guests arrival on park. Any inventory that is needed we aim to provide and supply a 24 hour contact number if we are able to assist in anyway.
I have spoken with Howard Dickinson our Sports and Leisure Manager who is very concerned that there were plasters in the swimming pool. The pool has seen great improvements this season with Howard keeping the cleanliness to the highest standard. This will certainly be monitored and there are cleaning rotas set in place.
The Bar and Restaurant offers a variety of promotional offers with multibuys across the food and drinks. We are competitive with bars and restaurants around the town and keep our prices to the minimum cost.
I would love to welcome you back to Seashore Holiday Park and if I am able to assist you in anyway possible, please contact me direct at the park.