“Il try to be fair with this one...”

Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have just returned from a weeks break here..again. If you refer to my previous review of the site you will see that we had our reservations about returning as it seems a bit pot luck how you get on but il save you the time of finding it yourself and draw you attention specifically to this part...

The staff when challenged worked hard to find a privately owned platinum grade caravan we could swap our booking too - at £200 more - this was to possibly, but not reservedly have a caravan with a better view and location - as long as the caravan is sold, moved or the owner staying In it.

The above refers to us having been quite annoyed at the caravan locations, specifically caravans which have a charming view of the bins or directly into another caravans windows. Anyway, as above we pushed the boat out to a platinum grade van (Oooooooo) and we were told there are only 3 of these on park. However I'm sad to say the latter part of my above comment transpired. Although the caravan we were originally allocated was apparently a platinum it really had nothing to Oooo about. Although in a nice location it was indeed privately owned and didn't we just know it! The place was adorned with the owners personally belongings. Fair enough. But when were talking glass units and tables with ornaments of little horses and the such decorating it suddenly becomes a mothers nightmare - I mean most parents with children under five will appreciate that little ornaments on glass tables simply means a headache. Anyway, it got worse - if haven consider top quality furnishings to be plastic chairs with cushions on and cut up squares of carpet then we seriously have different ideas of standards and quality (the owners had even kindly left their slippers tucked neatly by the side of the bed). Having decided we really were not happy with both the caravan and price we had paid (the additional price at that!) we went to complain. Well. Haven. Don't you handle complaints just perfectly. Not. We were told if we were not happy we could have a refund and leave. Charming eh? Did they want to look in the faces of my small children and explain to them that there mess up (which lets face it, who rents out a caravan which is effectively someone's home away from home) means they have to travel home? No. Didn't think so. In the end they found us another caravan, a downgrade in a different area of the park. So we got back the extra money we had paid and went to this van. Although privately owned again you wouldn't know it. The van was lovely and clean and the small personal touches added to it nicely (didn't take over!). We were at the back by the race course, which was ok. The children enjoyed watching the race that happened during out stay but we however did not enjoy the loud music blaring out from the course until 10pm that night - I will however acknowledge that this is obviously not havens fault. Because we had to downgrade (or go home) we now no longer had towels provided but reception did manage to get us some sorted - so at least that was some kinda positive.

The site was nice. You could see it had had work done to it and the little sand play area for the children was nice. We didn't use the pool area so can't comment. The spar was as usual, a bit pricey but not overly so. We used the mash and barrel once, for ice cream (in a character cup - a nice touch) and the young man who served me was lovely - although our use brief I can't criticise.

The entertainment. Well. Where do I start?! Firstly the arcade area and toilets are nice and clean and the staff helpful when I had to enquire about something. The bar area was again nice but got very busy and the queues very long. The entertainment, children's, is just dire. I honestly do not know how the "fun stars" and persons in characters can stand on stage and go along with an act while staring into a sea of children all with bemused and confused faces! A lot of the context went over my head! Let alone the children's. None the less they enjoyed it (?!). On the Sunday night we arrived for Rory's Pop Concert - we arrived at 6:30pm as the show was starting and we found a table, sent the kids to dance and my other half went for drinks. It took 6 minutes to get drinks and the show lasted just 7 minutes! You then have to wait for bingo for the next show - fine for older children but hard work and demanding when you have a 3 year old with no concept of time and waiting! I would also add I don't understand why the entertainment for children is so late. The time is probably fine for older children but a tots concert or similar late afternoon/evening would be much better and save parents of really small children the stress of watching them while older children run and spin about - it's none of the children's fault - they just want to have fun! But it seems impractical to have barely walking tots trying to boogie with pre teens tearing about giving it there all!

Overall we won't be going back. I can't say iv ruled haven out entirely - even though the only other site we visited had it's moments it was much better than this one - but certainly for us seashores is lacking any real buzz or feeling of being welcomed. Maybe because we got off to a bad start but I never really enjoyed being there this time. Were off to centre parcs two weeks today and I'm looking forward to being treated like a guest rather than a cash cow for a week. We have lodged a complaint for being mis sold (I really wish I'd taken pictures of the first caravan - how they sold that as platinum really is beyond me) but I expect the usually and general reply that you get from these companies and no real resolution.

3  Thank Jane T
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Hi JaneT

Thank you for the review of our park here at Seashore Holiday Park.
I am very sorry for the issues that were experienced during your stay with us and I would like to offer some feedback.
The Platinum accommodation you were allocated is a privately owned holiday home that we sublet for the owner. Some of our Owners add personal touches to their holiday homes which add to the home from home feel. Any reports that are made that this is not acceptable by our Guests we would certainly arrange to have them removed.
We have a variation of grades throughout the park and not a specific area for each grade. I am sorry the area was not ideal for you and that there was noise disturbance from the racecourse. Any reports that are made regarding noise disturbance are followed up and I can confirm there have been no other reports. There are different race times throughout the season and different events that take place. On the dates you were visiting us, I am able to confirm there was an evening race meet which was one of the busiest events being ladies night. We do have a list of all the race meets if you would prefer not to visit when they are taking place or we could add a request to your booking to be allocated in an alternative area.
The entertainment we offer is aimed towards all generations with a schedule prepared with variations throughout the week. The tots disco is scheduled at 6.30 pm as we understand parents with younger children may need to leave the venue and prepare the children for bedtime.
I am concerned that on reporting to reception you were told if you are not happy, leave the park and receive a refund. This is not how customer service should be portrayed and I have spoke to all team members informing them of the importance of our Guest experience. We value our Guests and Owners and I am sincerely apologetic that this service was not provided for you.
It is great you were happy with the accommodation located in the Gannet area. I understand this was a downgraded unit and a price difference refund was issued with your acceptance. The prestige is a grade below the Platinum, although still a very modern spacious accommodation. This unit does not include towels which I understand would have been inconvenient for you. I am very pleased the accommodation team supplied you with towels as this is one of the extras added on a platinum booking. If we are able to make your stay more enjoyable in anyway, all team members will go above and beyond to assist.
I understand you are feeling uncertain to whether you would return to our park again. I hope you will reconsider as I would love to offer the fantastic experience yourself and your family deserve.
If I am able to offer any further assistance, please contact me on 01493 851131.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just had a Monday to Friday break here with the grandkids 4 and 6. Booked a standard plus van and offerred up grade to deluxe plus for £15. Extra bedroom. Good value. Van was well situated near the facilities. I askwed for this in advance because some are quite a long walk away.

The park is well laid out and well kept. There are lots of activities for the kids ranging from Archery to Crazy Golf, biking and pool activities. The pool area is big but lacks childrens slides - the big flume is only open at certain times and is only for older children. Staff were all polite and courteous. Kids loved the cartoon characters walking around especially Anxious the Elephant, though we never did find out what she was anxious about!!

The Live Lounge was a big hit at story time and character shows earlier on, we never made the adult acts, bit late for the kids.

The drinks were reasonable. There is a convenient beach easily walkable from the site. A rather expensive train £2 adults and £1.50 kids to take you the mile to Brittania Pier. There is a cheaper No 3 bus which accepted or midlands concessionary pass and didnt charge for the kids.

You never need to move off site though with plenty to keep you entertained. We didnt find the SPAR shop all that expensive despite some comments it was.

Would recommend and would return again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stevegould9
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi Stevegould9

Thank you for the feedback received regarding your stay at Seashore Holiday Park.
It is great that you experienced a fabulous stay with us and that your Grand children enjoyed all the fun activities and events.
Any special requests that are made regarding location we aim to meet for our Guests. Although this is not guaranteed, we recommend informing us prior to arrival by contacting the park you are visiting.
The swimming pool slides are open at scheduled times due to the many activities that are in our guide. Monday’s and Friday’s the slides are closed throughout the day which has been in the time table from the start of the season and continues to be the same.
Nick Pretlove our Bar Manager keeps our drinks to the minimum price. There are some great discounts available throughout the livelounge and Restaurant with promotions and multibuy options.
The land train is operated by an external company and receives some super comments from our Guests on park. This is especially enjoyed by our Guests with children who find this a great way to experience the views whilst travelling along the seafront.
I am overjoyed to hear that with all the events we have on park you would be happy to stay on site and not need to venture off anywhere else, this is fab!The beach is in such close proximity ,it’s nice to have a little stroll or sunbathe with the weather we have been experiencing.
Francis Harkin our Spar shop Manager has some terrific offers and promotions which are competitive to local stores and supermarkets. This is very useful as not all of our Guests and owners have transport to leave the park and with the instore bakery and fresh produce this is an added bonus.
I am very happy you would like to return to us here at Seashore Holiday Park and that you would recommend us as a great holiday destination. This is great feedback to inform the team of and I thank you very much.
If I am able to assist you with any further information, please contact me direct at the park as it will be my pleasure to help you.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We took our one year old daughter here and we had a great time. It is a value holiday so your not with every feature, I.e. a fan to cope with the heat or a baby cot don't come free or supplied by default.

But the entertainment crew catered for babies right up to teens and were all very friendly :)

My only criticism about the place would be that we ate in the Mash (the bar/restaurant) a few times and not one did the order come out correctly.

I would recommend this as a place for children and if you wanted to explore Great Yarmouth it on a tiny drive away from the main seaside attractions, they even have a car/train service that run regularly from the entrance all the also.g the seaside!

Room Tip: The site is quite large, you may want to look at a map and choose where you want to stay (closer to...
1  Thank FidgetPants

Hi fidgetpants
Thank you for the 5* review of our park here at Seashore Holiday Park.
It is great that you enjoyed our entertainment and found that we cater for all ages from infants to teens.
The location of our park is ideal as we are a short distance from the beach, seafront and town centre. It is great if you decide to park your car up and have a stroll or enjoy your journey on the land train that operates from the main entrance of the park.
The mash and barrel restaurant Manager Nikki Turner appreciates all feedback and follows up all reports. I am unaware if this was reported by yourself and recommend contacting me direct at the park to discuss this further.
I hope you continue to enjoy visiting us here at Seashore Holiday Park and if I am able to assist with further bookings, please contact me direct at the park.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I just got back from a weeks stay, when we arrived we got upgraded which was good. Everything in the park was okay, apart from the evening entertainment.. if your not a fan of Sadie then your stuffed as she sung 3 of the nights we were there. She wasn't a great singer and got really boring (good for children though). The act called Reem was the only good one to listen too.
We had to get out of the swimming pool as a child had done a poo in there which was disappointing although that wasn't your fault. The staff were very friendly though, especially the bar staff in the live lounge, very hard working. Another annoying thing is the amount of leaflets you receive at your caravan from local takeaways, there was about 5 a day on the doorstep. Everything else was okay.

1  Thank sunshinegirl995

Hi Sunshinegirl995

I am very sorry to hear you were unhappy with the evening entertainment whilst staying with us and I would like to offer some feedback.
Our entertainment team aim to meet all of our Guests requirements and offer a variety of choice. I can confirm we have received no other reports regarding any of the team and I will certainly forward the comments to Michelle Burns our entertainments Manager.
It is very unfortunate that your swimming session was ended prematurely due to a child having an accident in the pool. We have to ensure the pool is thoroughly cleaned and all health and hygiene procedures are in place before reopening.
We follow up all reports of leaflets being distributed on park and measures are in place to remove these individuals from the park. Security patrol to ensure this is being maintained and all team members are aware to report any person seen to be issuing leaflets.
It is great that you were upgraded on arrival and I hope that your allocated holiday home was enjoyed by yourself and your family.
All team members are here to help and anything that we are able to assist you with we most certainly will.
I hope you will continue to visit us here at Seashore Holiday Park and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a weeks stay at seashore and it was WOW!! We all had a super time and loved every minute of it. We were checked in by a lady called Kirsty. She explained everything that we needed to know and she was very helpful! We had an activity pass for the week and the activities were all fantastic and the children and myself thoroughly enjoyed taking part! Archery was super!! We played bingo and won the family bingo the first night! Result!! We rode on a pedal car for an hour! lots of fun! (hard work ).The only let down of our week was the weather (not your fault ). We are hoping to come again next year! I would definitely recommend this park to families! Thanks again seashore for a fab week. X

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Sunshine13579
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hi Sunshine13579
5* and a WOW, Excellent!
It is lovely to read my personal mention, this is very much appreciated and I would like to thank you.
The activities offer a variety of choice for all ages and it is great you were to experience these. From archery to the water events there is always something to keep adults and children entertained.
Winning family bingo must have been a pleasant surprise for yourself and family! It is always a joy when we receive feedback of this kind and to know a fabulous experience has been received.
It is unfortunate that the weather was not as lovely as we are experiencing now .Although the weather is unpredictable, we are able to ensure a great time is experienced and our team are ready to help throughout your stay.
It is great that you are hoping to return to Seashore and if I am able to assist you with anything further, please contact me direct at the park.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

first time we have done a haven holiday and we werent dissappointed, we stayed 28th june to 12th july 2014. we took advantage of the facilitys on site, my daughter did the swim confidence(shes 4 in sept) and nice lady Glenis asked if she could do the swim lesson as it was so close to her 4th birthday, we got a fab guy who had goaty beard and a accent(tall and slim) i think it might be a slight aus tawng but as im rubbish at accents, anyway he was so good with her and by the end of the half hour he had her going to the deep end of the childrens pool on a leap pad and also picking rings up off bottom, he gave her so much praise and encouragement, i only wish i had taken his name i hope u can recognise him from description i given.The entertainment team were so friendly,and greedy made my daughter laugh at the character breakfast by pretending to pinch my daughters brekkie and she soon wolved it down lol! the only reason i have only put 4 stars is due to the fact that when we came to the swim confidence one (the 2nd one) we had booked and had receipts, they tried to tell us to come back at 2, and i said wed booked and the girl sulked as she put down her butty along with 4 others that were also taking lunch at same time so im afraid i wasnt as impressed with that session, and thats why it lost the mark. Mash and barrell and also the live lounge very clean, and plenty to do and places to eat including the leaflets you get pushed thru- thanks for discount vouchers from reception too!!

Hi Molz 1
Thank you for the 4 * review of our park here at Haven Seashore.
It is fabulous that your friends and you enjoyed your visit with us and that you were welcomed to a prestige upgrade.
It’s great that the accommodation was spacious and accommodated your friends and you with a homely feel.
Denise Latter accommodations Manager and team prepare our Holiday Homes to the highest standard and it is brilliant that this was noted by you.
Our Holiday Experience team ask for a mobile contact number on arrival as we aim to contact our Guests and ensure a fantastic time is being enjoyed.
The Bar and Restaurant area is a great venue to relax and ideal if it’s a quiet drink with friends or a meal that is required, this is the place to be.
I hope you will continue to visit us here at Seashore Holiday Park and I am happy to assist with any enquiries you may have.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here with a few friends for a girls weekend! X we only used it as a base so can't comment on entertainment, however when we arrived we found out we had been upgraded to a prestige caravan! X

The caravan was lovely, very clean, enough space for 5 grown women to move around in and very homely!

I thought it a very nice touch that we had a phone call the morning after the day we checked in to make sure everything was
satisfactory!

We went over to the bar for an hour or 2 on our first night (not the showbar) and had a lovely relaxed evening! Staff behind the bar were very friendly and helpful.

Would recommend this place for accomodation alone.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Molz1

Hi Molz 1
Thank you for the 4 * review of our park here at Haven Seashore.