“Dirty”

Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Do not order from noble house Chinese awful service and food. Site okay but very large and a long way to walk to the restaurant not enough entertainment for young children and will not visit again . Caravan had wood louse and staff were not very helpful

4  Thank 120,379
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Hi 120379
Thank you for the feedback received regarding your stay at Seashore Holiday Park.
I am sorry to learn of the issues that were experienced on your visit to Seashore with us and would like to offer some feedback.
The Chinese restaurant you have mentioned is not a reflection of our park and I would like to make you aware of the information provided in our holiday homes. We are unable to stop our Guests from ordering food outside of the park although we offer a leaflet stating we recommend our own food establishments and do not promote outside eateries.
Any requests regarding location are met to the very best of our abilities and I recommend making the park aware prior to arrival. If it was the restaurant you preferred to be closer too, we would have added this to your notes and aimed to meet this request to our best ability.
The entertainment has received great reviews this season with Michelle Burns our Entertainment Manager adding some great new events. I am sorry this was not to your satisfaction and any feedback you would like to offer is welcomed by us here at Seashore Holiday Park.
I am unaware if the woodlouse issue was reported as we aim to resolve any issue at the first instant and offer a 24 hour service number for our Guests and Owners.
I am very concerned to hear that the team were unhelpful as this is a service we pride ourselves in. If you would like to discuss this further with me, please contact me at your convenience as it is my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, funstars were amazing and entertaining big thanks to them, Alex,Martin,Rob and Holly and the rest of the team. Caravan was ok a little cold at night so next time I'll up grade to heated bedrooms Oven was terrible cooked so slow I did complain and someone came to look at it but it took over an hour to cook simple meals, that's my only issue really, swimming was great loved the slide there's loads to do on site, we did go into Great Yarmouth by the little road train which comes every half hour. Laundrette is £6 jumbo wash
£7.50 tumble dryer £2, spar on site ok for odd items but go to asda to stock up, we enjoyed our stay already planning for next year Thanks for a fab stay we didn't want to leave

1  Thank wackyrachel
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Hi Wackyrachel

Thank you for the excellent feedback received regarding your stay at Seashore Holiday Park.
It is great to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment provided .The team work extremely hard and will love to hear your comments as they are very much deserved.
I would recommend to contact the park you are visiting direct as the team will offer correct information and advise on the most suitable grade. All our accommodations offer a gas or electric fire with only certain grades supplying additional heating. I would certainly recommend this if there are young children in the party as this provides heating in the bedrooms.
The swimming pool is a great venue and is enjoyed by all the family with the slides adding to the fun experience!
I am very sorry to hear there was an issue with the cooker in your holiday home. Any reports made to us are followed up and rectified and if there is further investigation required, this would be explained.
The land train and bus are a great service from the park operating along the seafront and into the town centre. The bus also travels further afield with a timetable offered in the holiday reception area.
There are many supermarkets in close proximity to the park and for our guests and owners who have no transport from the park; the spar shop offers many great deals.
I understand you did not want to leave the park and are already planning your return.
If we are able to assist you in anyway possible, please contact us direct at the park as it is our pleasure to help you.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is the best site we have been too at Haven the holiday was fantastic due to the help form Amber waller from the owners section we had been let down badly and this lady stepped in to make sure me and my disabled wife and kids still got our holiday . we arrived very early at about 10 am so we meet up with Amber who said there is a problem with your caravan but we will try sort it if we cant we will get you another . an hour later we got a call to say that there was another caravan for us because the one we where going to be in was not ready . we where given a location on longshore 20 lovely & quite a stones throw from the beach . We were very impressed that the staff had even made the beds up for us credit to them .
my wifes assistance dog was allowed on the park and loved it the beach been her choice of play area. I must really sing the praises of everyone at seashore i could not have wished for a better week away even my son who turned 13 really enjoyed him self we treated him to a birthday meal @ The Mash & Barrel well seeing some comments that have been posted about the prices i was very supprised the place was busy on friday the staff acknowledge we were waiting and said they would be a few minutes to which they where we spent just over £50 with 4 main meals & drinks the meals where fantastic more than ample for what we paid the staff where 1st class .
It goes without saying not all you read that is what it seems this park caters for everyone young old disabled & is Pet friendly .
So if you want a great time this is the place to stay its not the biggest have site but its staff treat you all with respect .
I for one will be returning with my family again and hopefully before the end of the season i have found us our new place for holidays in Norfolk

Room Tip: check for private owner as well as the main haven site but beware of having to pay for your passes i...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MrPud65

Hi MrPud65

Thank you for the fantastic 5* review of our park here at Seashore.
It is great to hear this is the best Haven Park you have visited and your holiday being made the best thanks to our very own Amber Waller from Owners Services.
I am sorry that on your arrival there was an issue with the allocated accommodation. We are unable to foresee certain events and any that may be experienced we rectify at the first instant.
Amber is a valued team member who will help everybody and is loved by owners, guests and all of her colleagues. It is fabulous that the accommodation Amber arranged was perfect for you. As you have noted, all team members are friendly and helpful and will do their upmost to assist you.
I hope your sons 13th Birthday was special and many memories were made to start his teenage years. Haven is a family holiday and being a pet friendly park adds to the home from home atmosphere with dogs loving to have a run along the beach.
The Mash and Barrel receive some great reviews and it is refreshing to read such positive feedback. The team work very hard on providing the best service and the food is of the highest standard. I have eaten there myself and would recommend it as it is a welcoming friendly environment with delicious food being served.
It is great that you are returning to visit us at Seashore Holiday Park and if we are able to assist you with anything, please contact us as it is always our pleasure to help.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived at seashore on fri 8th aug and arrived early at reception 12.30. We had booked a prestige caravan and we greeted by a very cheerful Demi who pleased us by telling us that caravan ws already available and that as requested our van had a seaview. When we got to the van we were blown away by how lovely it was and we could see the sea from almost every window. It was a lovely van with a verandah in Breakwater area right at seafront. We never tired of the view from the verandah even when the weather turned. The children loved that they could step onto the beach in just a few steps. The following day demi rang us to ask how everything wad whuch was very considerate and we appreciated. It was a private van and very nicely appointed. The only dissapointment was the spiders. Oh my word!. Behibd the pelmet in the lounge was a massive web with a massive scary spider looking like it was about to jump on someones head. No one ever wanted to sit on the sofa by the big main window because of it
When my hubby tried to get rid of it, it disappeared too quivkly into the wood of the pelmet but returned later in the day. We also had to tolerate dozens of little spiders walking across the ceiling towards daddy spider, many of them abseiling down in front of out faces whuch was horrid especially if you are arachnophobe like me and my daughter. On day one I squished over a dozen abseilers alone. Away from the caravan the clubhouse drinks were pricey. Also one very annoying thing is that its do busy in there in august that if you dont get in there at 5pm you wont get a table and you will be standing up by the bar with your drinks! Not something the kids enjoyed at all as they got fed up of stalking about looking for tables. I would often see the large bench type tables tgst could easily seat 8, being hogged by one or two people so this needs improvement or a solution found. Other than that, the location to yarmouth is unbeatable. We had a couple of very tasty breakfasts in the mash and barrel. We also had a meal there after swimming one day. It was 4.55 so just five mins left to order and get the early bird discount. Thus meant huge queues of people trying to order. I fpund a shorter queue round the other size and it appeared to be 5pm. Oddly I got one meal discounted by the second wasnt and they said the till makes up its mind on the correct time. So I assume one meal was entered into till on time but the other wasnt despite being thirty seconds after. Because it was busy we dud wait almost 45 mins for the food but it was very tasty (the gammon meal). We indulged in some crazy golf priced very reasonably. The kids got stuck into a free bouncy castle near the crazy golf although this was two days before the end of our week. It wasn't up for the first five days of out hols which was disappointing. The slots dont pay out much unless you're really into collecting tickets but go into yarmouth and they are much bettrr. We came back with much more when we used the amusements there. We went to seashore last year and we noticed that the pool and changing rooms have had a facelift with cheerful beach hut murals which was nice. Overall we had a fab week though and we are all a bit depressed from coming home. Looking forward to next year. We have booked again and really really hoping for a similar position. Roll on next August!

Hi Lisa M

Thank you for the feedback received regarding your stay here at Seashore Holiday Park.
It is great that you were welcomed by our very cheerful team member Demi who is always friendly, bubbly and ready to help.
It is lovely that your request was met and a sea view location was received. The Breakwater area is beautiful and to be located with a veranda is an added bonus!
Our holiday experience team offer a courtesy call service the day after a checkin and it must have been a personal touch that it was Demi who made the call to you. We love to receive our guest feedback and be made aware of your wonderful comments is fantastic.
I believe there are many spiders around at the moment as I have witnessed many myself in my own home. After contacting the environmental health agency they have confirmed these are of no threat although I understand if there is a fear of spiders in the party this would be distressing. I am unaware if this was reported while you were visiting with us as we follow up all reports and aim to resolve in the first instant.
I am sorry you found the club drinks prices to be expensive. We aim to keep our prices to a minimum and are competitive with bars and restaurants around Great Yarmouth and the surrounding area. Any guests or owners found to be reserving seats are asked to refrain from doing so as this is unfair to families who may need these or waiting to enjoy the entertainments also.
I will forward your comments to Nikki Turner our Restaurant Manager regarding the early bird menu and the concerns regarding the till settings. The queues vary from the time of day and being peak season we are extremely busy. If there is an unexpected waiting time this should certainly be explained prior to ordering and depending what menu items are ordered.
The arcade slot machines are set correctly and we follow all regulations that are applied. I am sorry you found these to be inadequate and that arcades elsewhere were more suited to you.
The swimming pool has received an update this year and it is great this was noted by you. The beach hut theme adds to the seaside theme and has received some tremendous (just changed cause fabulous has been used lower down) feedback from our guests and owners.
It is great you enjoyed a fabulous stay and are returning to see us next year. I would recommend informing us of any requests regarding location as although we are unable to guarantee requests, we aim to meet them to the best of our abilities.
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We go to lots of Havens, we had a last minute 2 night booking on the 16th august.

When we got there we could collect our keys and passes at 12.30 wich was great, because although we couldnt go to our caravan until it had been cleaned, we had our passes which meant we could go into the pool a great plus.

Also when we did get into the caravan, (jasmine) we had been upgraded, always a bonus.

I also like how the mash and barrel/swimming pool is in a seperate place to the amusements and live lounge.

The site was clean, the caravan was clean, the tables could have done with a better wipe in the mash and barrel though :(

The only down side is i wanted to book one of the caravans facing the sea with a veranda for next year, but was told they couldnt book a specific area, this is one thing i wish haven could change.

Overall one of the better haven sites.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki615

Hi Vicki615
Thank you for the 5* review of our park here at Seashore.
It is great that on arrival you were issued a free upgrade. Although this is not a guarantee, it is an added bonus when this is experienced.
As you have mentioned, the park is maintained to the highest standard with all team members monitoring throughout the day.
The pool and restaurant are located in the same area which is ideal for families who enjoy a leisurely swim then maybe a bite to eat after with the comfy surroundings. The entertainment facilities are situated slightly further away with the arcade, Burger King and Papa John’s being an alternative option for our guests and owners.
I am sorry the Mash and Barrel tables were unclean on your visit. Any reports made regarding this are forwarded to Nikki Turner our Restaurant Manager who follows this up with her team to ensure this is rectified.
I am sorry you are disappointed that we are unable to book a specific accommodation for you next visit. The sea view accommodations are our highest request and with them being predominately privately owned, this is not a guarantee we are able to make.
It is fabulous that you found our park to be one of the best Haven sites you have visited. I hope you continue to enjoy many more visits with us and if I am able to assist you any further, please contact me at anytime.

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This is our 8th year at seashore&we never tire of it. A very clean&well maintained park. we stayed in a standard caravan was clean&well equipt. A bit on small side but we normally stay in 12ft vans but was fine for a base. Lots of friendly staff especially Jason on security who remembers us each year which is nice. my children love seashore&great yarmouth. we've booked to come again in October this year can't wait.

• Stayed: August 2014
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hi Kerriemummy2preslee

Thank you for the fantastic review of our park here at Haven Seashore.
It is great that you have enjoyed your 8th visit with us and are joining us again in October.
The park is well maintained which is Thanks to our team who patrol the area and ensure everything is kept to the highest standard.
The standard accommodations are 10ft and as you have mentioned, if it is a 12ft that is normally booked there will a noticeable difference regarding space. If the maximum occupancy is being catered for I would recommend a wider unit especially if this is being used as more than a base.
Our staff are very friendly with Jason Crane being a credit to our Seashore team. It is lovely that you were remembered by Jason as this adds to the memories made on your Haven Holiday. I will pass your comments on to Jason who will be thrilled he made a special impact on your holiday and will be ready to welcome you back in October.
It is fantastic that yourself and your family love our park and Great Yarmouth itself. If we are able to assist you with planning any days out on your next visit, please let us know as we are always happy to help.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at seashore from 11th august to the 18th. We stayed in eagle view the caravan, was lovely and well stocked, we were checked in by a lovely polite member of staff called Jordan. Once checked in we got to our caravan and realised there was a smell coming from the fridge, I reported it and it was cleaned and dealt with straight away. The pool is great, my kids used the park and loved it they were in there all the time. The only complaint I have is that we had to call security due to drunk guests being loud directly outside our caravan, but again it was dealt with. We love seashore and will be back again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Hi Stuart R
It is great you found your accommodation to be lovely and well stocked. Our accommodations Manager and team ensure the holiday homes are prepared to the highest standard and it is great this has been noted by you.
Jordan Durrant is a great team member who always welcomes our Guests with a smile and provides the best customer service. He will be thrilled with his personal mention and I will love informing him as he is a credit to our team.
I am pleased to hear that when an issue arose regarding your fridge that a team member arrived promptly to resolve this for you. Any jobs reported to us are allocated to the correct department and dealt with at the first instant.
It is great your children enjoyed the swimming pool .This area has been updated this season which has received great reviews from our Guests and Owners on park with the changing areas welcoming a beach hut theme.
It is very unfortunate that you experienced noise disturbance from other Guests on park. Any reports that are made to our Security team are followed up at the first instant as you are aware. I am sincerely sorry this was encountered by you and would like to assure you we take these reports very seriously.
It is great you are returning to our park here at Seashore! If I am able to assist with anything further please contact me direct at the park as it will be my pleasure to assist you.
Thanks again for the great feedback, it is very much appreciated.
Guest Relations manager