We stayed here for the last week of August, 2011. We had hired out 2 of their mid range static caravans for a family holiday. At first all seemed fine. Vans were clean and tidy with new bed linen provided. Once the excitement of being away subsided, as you do, you check to make sure all is as it should be. We were missing a breakfast bowl, 3 supplied but inventory said 4, and there was 4 of us, a couple of kitchen utensils, clothes airer and the remote for the telly. This was spread between the 2 vans. We approached the reception to report the missing items and was abruptly told, "we do not replace stolen or missing item"! So now what? we have 2 vans both with items missing, so use each others bits and carry on. Not a good start.
The sofas were huge and comfy, the galley style kitchen spacious for its size. The beds......they squeak every time you move. A good nights sleep, NO WAY!! The master bedroom, if you can call it that, is tiny. One person at a time to get changed, CLIMB over the bed to get to the other side.... just a joke, especially for me being 6ft tall. The bathroom had a wiff so we bought and airfreshner and left the window open for the whole duration.
The evening entertainment was good, but the hall has nowhere near enough seats for the size of the park. Shows start at 7 with doors opening at 645. Be there then or stand till 9 or later!! Kids shows are great to be fair with a lot of interaction for them. For the adults, well.... the entertainments manger thinks he can sing! LOL!! not only did he just look wrong when trying, he even forgot the words!! Stick to presenting, YOU CAN'T SING!!! He looked like freddie mercury, but sounded like snoppy on helium, PATHETIC!
The outdoor eating area never seemed to be cleaned, with sticky tables and rubbish bins overflowing. Food is borderline extortion, but the chippy is fair. The main restaurant was a no go due to pricing and quality. The swimming pool, whilst very safe, was half closed with no flumes, no outdoor pool "in working order"?? what ever that means. The one thing I did hate about the pool was that it was dirty. Hair, plasters and whatever else people can drop in a pool was present!
We only see the park to town bus once for the whole week, so for me, this was a busmans holiday having to drive everyday. Asda being 5 minutes down the road is a godsend. The beach front is 10-15 minutes depending on traffic and it does get busy.
Great Yarmouth is great. I have been going to the broads for years and fancied a change to boating. NEVER AGAIN!!! With poorly kitted caravans, obnoxious beds and dirty eateries, we most certainly will not be venturing to Vauxhall Holiday Park again.
I have since emailed the Park manager twice regarding our stay. The first time I heard nothing so called to see why he had not replied. He told me, "our internet was down and we had no email service for 2 days. Please resend it and I will deal with it promptly." So, being the modern age that we are, I re-sent it whilst on the phone. Guess what? No answer.
NEVER NEVER AGAIN
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vauxhall Holiday Park is part of Parkdean Resorts and Great Yarmouth's only five star holiday park. The park offers holiday home accommodation, chalets and you can also bring your own tent or tourer. The park also boasts glamping with their new Camping Mega Pods The indoor water world, adventure play area and entertainment are all INCLUDED in the price of your holiday, along with much more! Vauxhall is a great location to explore Great Yarmouth and the Norfolk Broads. Vauxhall Holiday Park is proud to be a tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Vauxhall Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vauxhall Holiday Park Hotel Great Yarmouth
- Vauxhall Holiday Park Great Yarmouth, Norfolk