We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Vauxhall Holiday park and overall we have all had a wonderful time. Having had several small holidays to Gt Yarmouth we always thought it was a bit of a lottery where you stay and what your caravan will be like. We have stayed in some shockers. But.....Vauxhall was a very pleasant surprise. First....
Reception, My booking could not be located when we arrived... Oh oh I thought, here we go. But we were quickly checked into the static on my reservation and everything was clean and linen was ready for us. Also the reception staff, Taylor I think helped me out when I left my laundry in the dryer by asking one if the security men to open the door. Nothing seemed to much trouble and all reception staff were polite and courteous.
The Static, we stayed in a Mallard that slept 4 of us comfortably, it was clean and functional with hot water and basically everything we needed. Only upgrade could be the drab curtains and get rid of the tiny CRT televisions. Overall very good.
The site, the site was safe and well lit. It seemed secure and security were mostly visible. But not obtrusive. The caravans were a little close together for my liking. We were not near the road and our only disturbances were a few late revellers and the gulls. Nothing we didn't expect.
Facilities, we used the pool extensively, only the inside one though the outside splash area was tested by my 2 but even they said it was freezing! Put the heating on! The indoor one was fab though, a large pool and a smaller one with a small rapid bit. Also there is a baby pool and slide plus a bigger slide. Lifeguards were very on the ball and I felt for them sometimes with idiotic teens who simply cannot appreciate others who want to use the pool with small children. One fool jumped blindly back onto me and my son and sent him under. All was well however and the lad was warned. I put it down to hormones and boys will be boys. There is also a large amusements area with decent prizes in the 2p machines but get boring after a day or 2, a small pay as you go kart track, a large play area, mini golf that is £3 a person is a little steep though! this includes even my 3 year old..who can't even hold the putter properly.
Entertainment, we sampled the entertainment twice so my 2 could have a dance and run around. But it was a bit repetitive, having said that the entertainment team gave their all and were fully committed to getting everyone to have fun.
Food and Drink. The woodcutters is a nice restaurant with helpful and courteous staff. They do theme nights, we had the carvery which would rival any Toby. Also we tried the curry night, the children ate from the normal menu which was good value and good sized portions. Over all the prices are reasonable and the quality was actually very good. There is a sports bar with snooker and pool tables and air hockey. It is nice the kids are all welcome as me and my wife can play a rare game of pool as well as help the LO with air hockey duels. My only gripe is the price of the alcoholic drinks. £3.50 a pint / Smirnoff ice is a bit high and could come down 50p however the children's cordials are only 50p and is very reasonable.
We had a lovely stay and will happily return in the future, as the title says one of the best sites in the area and in my humble opinion is far better than the Haven/Park Dean places we have stayed on in the past. Thank you for a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vauxhall Holiday Park is part of Parkdean Resorts and Great Yarmouth's only five star holiday park. The park offers holiday home accommodation, chalets and you can also bring your own tent or tourer. The park also boasts glamping with their new Camping Mega Pods The indoor water world, adventure play area and entertainment are all INCLUDED in the price of your holiday, along with much more! Vauxhall is a great location to explore Great Yarmouth and the Norfolk Broads. Vauxhall Holiday Park is proud to be a tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Vauxhall Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vauxhall Holiday Park Hotel Great Yarmouth
- Vauxhall Holiday Park Great Yarmouth, Norfolk