“Lovely stay”

Andover House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is the second time I have visited Great Yarmouth on business and this experience was so much better that the last! I called beforehand to check on parking and was given all the info I needed. I arrived after a long drive, parked right outside the hotel and had a wonderful welcome. Mandy on reception heard me arrive and came out to greet me. I had booked a single and was very kindly upgraded to a double. Mandy showed me around the bar, restaurant and a nice comfy seating area. All were clean, tidy and looked very inviting. Mandy then took me to my room which I thought was a nice touch, it was a little chilly but she just suggested putting the radiator on. My room was perfect, matching furniture and a lovely comfy bed. It was probably the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel. There was plenty of tea & coffee and a huge TV. Ideal when away on your own. Dinner was very good and Ashley looked after me very well. My only slight criticism and what made it a 4 & not 5 was the choice of food. Everything I had was delicious but sometimes it is nice to be able to choose something simple. Also at breakfast time, cooked breakfast comes at an additional cost, it is not a lot of money and the quality was excellent but could maybe be included in the room rate. Overall this was a brilliant experience and I would definitely recommend Andover House and will always book here when I return to Great Yarmouth.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Wonderful feedback. Thank you! It is incredibly reassuring to us when guests express delight at what we provide. I am also grateful for your mentioning of the menu. It is going down really well with our guests but I will put to Chef the idea of expanding on our more 'simple' dishes. Hope to see you back again soon. Very best wishes to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised after being put in hotel with work. every member of staff was friendly and very welcoming. They created a joyful atmosphere and I could clearly see I was there priority. The rooms were lovely clean and great facilities for a single traveller or a suite for a family. There was no faults with the food a great choice and amazing food. The food always come out with very little wait even at busier times. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting and would most definitely return.
Overall this hotels star rating should be much higher

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi Sarah. Thank you for taking time to review AH and really pleased that you were delighted with your stay. Hope to see you back soon if your in this neck of the woods once again!
Reviewed 31 March 2014

What a fantastic Hotel. We arrived on the 29th of march for my 50th birthday and we could not have picked a better hotel. The staff were excellant and could not have been more helpfull and friendly. We got an upgrade to a premium suite at no extra cost and no matter what we asked for nothing was to much trouble. Outstanding the best £109 that i have ever spent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Well done Victoria, Phil and all the staff. Many thanks Wayne and Sarny.

• Stayed March 2014
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Absolutely delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us, especially for such an occasion! Best wishes and happy birthday, Victoria
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Mostly went to Great Yarmouth to go to the casino, didn't expect too much from the hotels as most of them seem to be the typical 'dodgy seaside' getaway. Very pleasantly surprised, booking was efficient and received personal emails finalising any details, rooms (8 of us so we booked 4 rooms) and food were outstanding. There is also a very nice bar so perfect for some early evening drinks! Going back this year for more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
A huge thank you for writing about us. Really hope you do come 'back this year for more'! Best wishes to you all.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed at a number of places in Great Yarmouth, but I will most def be staying at this one again.
We were greeted by the manger Kris, who very kindly helped us with our bags to our room. Although this is only a 3* hotel, the beds were very comfortable with nice size bedrooms. The hotel it's self is very well presented with lots of homely touches.
We in fact felt so relaxed that we decided to stay and have drinks in the bar then in town.

The service from Ashley and Isla was fantastic, so professional but ever so friendly too.

But above all of this, the most impressive thing about this hotel was the food. It was one of the best meals I've EVER had!
I was most impressed that Chef Simon came out to talk to me in person as I didn't like the sauce that came with the salmon on the menu and offered to make me something else I liked.
The food was fantastically presented and tasted amazing.

Next time we are in Great Yarmouth, we will be sure to book again.
Thank you guys for making our weekend so fantastic..

And Kris, Don't forget the email regarding the statue in the bar please.. :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 321Emma321
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Simon, Kris, Ashley and Iris are wonderful people and take great care of their guests. Thank you for mentioning each of them in your review, they certainly deserve a little mention :-) We really look forward to welcoming you back, maybe we can entice you to come and check out our new restaurant furniture, try out the big Sky tv's and the Spring menu!!! Email on it's way regarding where the statue came from! Best wishes to you both.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We visit this restaurant on a regular basis. Service is outstanding. The staff are so professional yet friendly and you are made to feel special. The food is amazing and the menu always offers a fantastic choice with something for everyone. We would highly recommend this to everyone. By far our favourite place!

• Stayed March 2014
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Your comments are incredibly uplifting. Thank you so much for letting other Trip Advisor visitors know your thoughts. Please come back and see us soon. We will have our new restaurant furniture in for Mothering Sunday so come and let us know what you think! Very best wishes from all of the team here at AH.
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Clean and comfortable hotel. Conveniently located near the sea front. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Cooked breakfast options are varied, great quality food and very reasonably priced.
My husband and I have stayed in a number of local hotels in the past, and the Andover is definitely the best we have stayed in so far.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
The girls that keep our rooms sparkling will be delighted that their hard work has been noticed once again! Really hope that you will choose to return to Andover House when your back in Great Yarmouth. Thank you so much for your wonderful review of us x