Andover House Hotel
Furzedown Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$122
The Star Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$119
US$81
US$68
Priceline
Bay Carlton Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$125
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Waverley Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$98
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The New Beach Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$104
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastsky tvhuge tvlovely hotelfour poster bedsmall hotelgt yarmouththe sea life centresea frontwould highly recommend this hotelstaying in great yarmouthon arrivallounge arealovely roomcomfy bedshower roomone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very Impressive, from service to decor. Arrived at hotel about 11am, popped in to check about Parking, offered early check in despite not asking for it. Young lady on Reception, very friendly and took time to show us around before offering to take our bags up the two flights! She even apologised for not being able to upgrade us foc as they were very busy that night. Room very clean, modern and good quality bedding. When asked whether they served lunch, same young lady replied no but would offer to make us any sandwiches. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. When returned bit later, had a drink in lounge and bar staff more than happy to get drinks and serve in lounge. Didn't try any food although the restaurant looked very modern and in keeping with the remainder of the hotel. Overall hotel & staff 1st class!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

From the moment our guests walk through the doors, it is so important to us that they know where everything is and feel at home. All part of making our guests feel welcome and relaxed. Thank you for mentioning some of the little touches about AH. Incredibly grateful to you for taking time out to review us.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

As soon as we arrived we were greeted with excellent service, showed how everything worked and where everything was. After being told we could have an upgraded room at no extra cost we were then shown to the room which was immaculate. Spacious light modern and just what we needed after a long drive. The bar was lovely and the food which I ordered via room service was absolutely stunning. I would recommend this hotel to anybody I personally fell in love.

• Stayed: April 2014

Truly grateful for your lovely review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is the second time I have visited Great Yarmouth on business and this experience was so much better that the last! I called beforehand to check on parking and was given all the info I needed. I arrived after a long drive, parked right outside the hotel and had a wonderful welcome. Mandy on reception heard me arrive and came out to greet me. I had booked a single and was very kindly upgraded to a double. Mandy showed me around the bar, restaurant and a nice comfy seating area. All were clean, tidy and looked very inviting. Mandy then took me to my room which I thought was a nice touch, it was a little chilly but she just suggested putting the radiator on. My room was perfect, matching furniture and a lovely comfy bed. It was probably the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel. There was plenty of tea & coffee and a huge TV. Ideal when away on your own. Dinner was very good and Ashley looked after me very well. My only slight criticism and what made it a 4 & not 5 was the choice of food. Everything I had was delicious but sometimes it is nice to be able to choose something simple. Also at breakfast time, cooked breakfast comes at an additional cost, it is not a lot of money and the quality was excellent but could maybe be included in the room rate. Overall this was a brilliant experience and I would definitely recommend Andover House and will always book here when I return to Great Yarmouth.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Wonderful feedback. Thank you! It is incredibly reassuring to us when guests express delight at what we provide. I am also grateful for your mentioning of the menu. It is going down really well with our guests but I will put to Chef the idea of expanding on our more 'simple' dishes. Hope to see you back again soon. Very best wishes to you.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised after being put in hotel with work. every member of staff was friendly and very welcoming. They created a joyful atmosphere and I could clearly see I was there priority. The rooms were lovely clean and great facilities for a single traveller or a suite for a family. There was no faults with the food a great choice and amazing food. The food always come out with very little wait even at busier times. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting and would most definitely return.
Overall this hotels star rating should be much higher

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hi Sarah. Thank you for taking time to review AH and really pleased that you were delighted with your stay. Hope to see you back soon if your in this neck of the woods once again!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

What a fantastic Hotel. We arrived on the 29th of march for my 50th birthday and we could not have picked a better hotel. The staff were excellant and could not have been more helpfull and friendly. We got an upgrade to a premium suite at no extra cost and no matter what we asked for nothing was to much trouble. Outstanding the best £109 that i have ever spent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Well done Victoria, Phil and all the staff. Many thanks Wayne and Sarny.

• Stayed: March 2014
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Absolutely delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us, especially for such an occasion! Best wishes and happy birthday, Victoria