“T Bone to die for”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We recently dined at the Columbia in Great Yarmouth, to my mind one of the best restaurants in the area. If you want that bit of a special night out certainly go there you won't be disapointed. I had the T Bone steak which was cooked to perfection as everyone elses meal was.Great food and even better Staff. Tank you all.Dennis.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is a hidden gem of a restaurant.

I've been looking for good food & service on visits to Great Yarmouth over the last 36 years and at last I've found it.

Not on the beaten track, the Columbia Restaurant can be easily missed, but not any longer. It is firmly on my map now!

It's a shame that it's 280 miles from home, else I'd be a more regular customer.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

A great little taverna. First the bad points. It is difficult to park close to the restaurant because of parking restrictions. Only residents can park in the surrounding strets before 6pm and all the residents are home and parked after 6pm. As others have mentioned the waiting area is cramped but our table was ready so we didn't have to use it. It is a little dark when you first enter but your eyes soon adjust. Nevertheless it is worth these minor hassles. The taverna looks like a small street corner pub but has extended into a couple of houses on one side without altering the outside appearance. The staff are all that you would want restaurant staff to be; cheerful, helpful, knowledgeable, and not too obtrusive. We opted for the lazy, hungry option. "The Meze". We really shouldn't have had any lunch or breakfast that day before our meal! From the salad through the cold dips and seafood to the fried seafood and lamb and beef it was delightful. Not realising how many dishes were coming we asked for, and received, some more bread to go with the dips. We should have asked for less dips! A really good evening out. The Meze, three beers, three J2Os less than £50 for the two of us. I last visited this place nearly 10 years ago and it is just as great.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

First of all the very sad minority that have given poor and terrible reviews on this restaurant are dilluded and obviously rarely stray away from the usual Pizza Hut or McDonald's.

You will not find another restaurant in the whole country, let alone in Norfolk, that can cook you a steak on a real charcoal grill with quality local ingredients and at such great value. They serve many authentic Greek dishes with heart and passion. The main dishes are very cheap and then you have the choice of adding any vegetables you wish at a small charge. This way is brilliant as you are not obliged to pay £25 for a steak and get everything included that u don't necessarily want. If u want just steak and chips or steak with salad u order it the way u want it and save more than £10 compared to other top steakhouses. I am of Greek origin myself and you won't get any closer to Greek food without being in Greece. I very often have the set meze when I can't decide what to have as all the dishes are amazing. They bring you a taste of everything from seafood, kebabs, chops, dips, vegetables, vine leaves the list is endless and for £16 a head! Trust me you won't get as much quality freshly cooked food as you will with the mere and for such great value. Very friendly service from a family run restaurant that values their customers and their food. I love this place and if u don't you need to get out more ;)

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Meal very good, Service excellent, Staff all very helpful.
Overall a great night out and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. 2md time there and must say there was only one small problem, which was the entrance or waiting area when waiting to be seated. It is far too small, a little uncomfortable and you are continually having to move around a small tight counter just to allow others to be seated or served. Difficult if more than two of you. Because of all this moving around and if busy - which it was, you can get missed by the staff and may be served out of turn. This could make for a damp start to the evening and spoil all the hard work by the staff. However I enjoyed our time there and the meal was very nice.