“A rubbish Taverna”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Meat was cold in the centre, it was reheated in microwave, therefore the rice was too dry. they changed the rice after again microwaving the meal which was far too hot. My meal, Stifado tasted nothing on earth utter rubbish. they do not deserve to be in business.

2  Thank Richard C
Antonios P, Owner at Columbia Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time out to review us on Trip Advisor.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for your recent experience at Columbia Taverna.
We are clearly at fault in this instant, but I think you will agree & we believe we did everything we could to appease you at that time in this difficult circumstance.
Eventually, when everything was resolved and you & the person that was with you had finished, we noticed that both plates were empty, which normally signifies a "good meal" and you were once again questioned whether everything was to your satisfaction - this should've been your opportunity to relay your thoughts that the meal wasn't to your satisfaction.
We also think its a little unfair to state that we shouldn't be in business - Trip Advisor reviews offer advice from customers experience & isn't here for customers to comment whether a business deserves to trade or not. I think you will agree if you read further reviews that we are an established Taverna which has been providing excellent food & service for nearly 30 years.
Once again, apologies for your experience.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

One of our favourite places in Great yarmouth to eat perfect for all occasions have many happy memories of fantastic nights in this restaurant.. wide choice of beautiful food although I always have the same ribs to start, ribeye steak and grasshopper pie all highly recommend very family friendly .

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Visited Colombia on 16 April
for my sons 50th Birthday Bash
Great Food as always.
Service 10/10...brilliant night !!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

A friend booked a meal for us on a weekend and i thought it would be nice to go to great yarmouth and have a meal then finish of at the casino ,The meal was ok but also you had to pay extra for any vegetables ordered with your meal which made it very expensive,No one asked us for a coffee or desert so we asked for our bill which was ready and we left very quick .it seemed they needed our table very quick , we felt rushed out ,this is not for me as i like to relax and take my time . Will not me back

4  Thank David J
Antonios P, Owner at Columbia Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking your time out to review us on Trip Advisor.
Sorry your most recent experience at Columbia Taverna isn't what you expected. I hope I can put an explanation against some of your comments to make you think again about possibly returning in the future - I'm sure you would agree everybody deserves a "second chance".
Regarding the vegetable or side order selection, we believe instead of us making a choice what comes with your meals, we give that choice to our customers. When ordering one portion of whatever's chosen, there's enough for two people to share, so, having done our market research into other local food outlets, not only are our portions bigger, freshly made & locally sourced, you get value for money & your not stuck with your normal "chips, peas, 1 mushroom & 1 grilled tomato" . You also receive a free side salad with your main meal - most, if not all local food outlets charge for this - plus not forgetting the free pitta bread or bread rolls supplied with starters - should you have any. With regards to the coffee & sweet offer - apologies if this wasn't offered to you - clearly our process in this instant has failed. I understand people go out for dinner to be looked after but on occasions the very basics are forgotten - I know you shouldn't have to but if you wanted a coffee or sweet a request to a member of staff would fulfil this. If you felt rushed, then apologies for this, on occasions - especially weekends - it does get busy & we like to make sure all customers are looked after, not made to wait for their meals & not forgotten about.
I really hope the explanations above might make you think again about returning to us ....

Reviewed 6 April 2014

A crowd of us always go here for birthdays as this is one of the best eating places in Yarmouth.
Always very very excellent staff & a truly scrumptious meal. the steak is to die for as is their lamb.