“Work meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Columbia Taverna
Ranked #44 of 320 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Work meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

12 of us had a meal at 7pm on Friday night. The restaurant has a really homely feel. The staff were excellent, very attentive and friendly. The food was excellent, everyone really enjoyed it. The service was also excellent, quick. A lovely evening.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Harlow, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Rubbish service-Sorry!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I booked a table for 7.30 and was asked If I could come earlier as they had a large party coming in so we arrived just after 7pm. The waitresses were mostly very young and although they weren't rude they were not overly friendly either. I felt the table we were given was in the way as my husbands chair was rickety and creaked everytime he moved, so he swapped it and the waitress made a comment about it being in the way-making us feel even more uncomfortable.
What we had was tasty and authentic-Beef stifado and lamb kleftico.
We had a starter, a main course and drinks and although the cost was reasonable the portions were small in my opinion. We were asked if we wanted to order wine which we declined and that was a good job because we ate two courses and had two drinks and had paid the bill in under an hour.
It was not the relaxing dining experience that we had hoped for, we were disappointed. Would I return? Sadly no.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank essexsue
Antonios P, Owner at Columbia Taverna, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Please let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time out to review us in Trip Advisor. We take all positive & negative feedback seriously & use it as an opportunity to improve the way we do things. I'm really sorry your experience wasn't what you expected & hope you will except my most sincere apologies, I can assure you this is clearly a one-off occurrence. We're not here to give you any excuses but generally The Columbia Taverna has a reputation for great food & service, hence the fact we have a loyal following of regular customers. I really hope you give us another opportunity, I'm sure you would agree, everyone deserves a second chance.
Kind regards
Antonios
Near Heathrow london
“Excellent Greek food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here whilst on holiday on 2nd July to celebrate my 50th birthday with my family and friends. The food was excellent. 5 of us had the lamb kleftiko and it was as good as I've had in both Greece and Cyprus. The meat just fell off the bone. My friend had never had Greek food and was very impressed with it. The portions were generous and drinks on a par with pub prices. The restaurant was almost full on a Wednesday which says something about the food. Service was good they left just the right amount of time between giving you your menu and taking your order and serving the food. I've been coming to the Great Yarmouth area for 13 years and have only just found this gem of a restaurant. Will definately be visiting again next time I'm here.

Visited July 2014
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

we had a lovely meal, the food was great, very friendly staff and very reasonably priced. Authenticly greek & family run which adds to its charm

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Truly the best thing about Great Yarmouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Really lovely food served by friendly staff in a nice intimate setting. I actually booked a holiday in Greece and didn't find a taverna as good as this one. Looking forward to visiting again soon.