“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #87 of 369 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Just off the beaten track right in the heart of Great Yarmouth is this lovely little bistro cafe. Excellent traditional food with very friendly staff. They also have special event evenings with either music or entertainment. I considered not reviewing this place as I wanted to keep it a secret for myself !

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Very pleasant ambience Friendly service We both had the fried halloumi with lime and caper vinaigrette and dressed salad from the specials board. Delicious! I had tea for one and my buddy had raspberry presse - both lovely.
Well worth a visit

Jenny H, Owner at Friends Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you very much. We are glad you enjoyed jenny

Reviewed 15 August 2017

No highchairs available for my 17 month old! Been here lots of times with friends and family! Decided to take my daughter in for some lunch... it was a nice day and we were going to sit outside! My mum went in to ask for a highchair to be told 'we don't have them' I feel that this isn't very 'friendly' and has changed my view on this place! Doesn't look like this is the first review of this kind either! There was 3 adults and my daughter... we would have spend £40-£50! What kind of establishment in this day and age can turn that away? We ended up going to palmers who were happy to take our money! Friends bistro will not last long with this attitude! The reason I gave it a 3 is because the food is very good... but if you have a child that can't sit in a chair then forget it as they don't want you there!

3  Thank katieliddiment
Jenny H, Owner at Friends Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for putting your review on not only trip advisor but Facebook too.

I think it very unfair with your comments about friends bistro not being child friendly. We are very child friendly. The reason we do not have high chairs is we do not have the room.

As for " we won't last long" I can assure you that I have been going very successful since 1981 and still very popular with our loyal and friendly customers. Jenny Haylett

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

been here for many years but it doesn't have the same feel to it as it used to my amity had chicken mayonnaise baguette I had sausage and onion pie peas and chips. the baguettes were lovely but no salad in them the pie was nice but the chips were thin chips which we left most of them pretty average although the young lad that served us was very pleasant. there wasn't many in there whereas it used to be packed out

Jenny H, Owner at Friends Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visit to friends bistro on Thursday.
I have spoken to our new waiter Alex and he thought you told him no salad in your chicken and mayo baguettes.
He must have misunderstood as we always put salad in our baguettes unless requested not to.

We have a choice of chips which again should have been explained to you.

If you do read this response could you explain to us what you mean about the feel of the place being different to how it used to be. I have only recently refurbished the upstairs bistro as we needed the extra seating for our customers who like a more relaxed private setting. The bistro downstairs sometimes get a little too busy.

I would appreciate your feedback from you

Jenny Haylett
Owner of friends Bistro

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Lovely place to eat have been in a few times now and every time they make you feel very welcome, the food is excellent, the place is very clean