“Simple food done well.”

Ranked #87 of 370 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

A really nice lunch was had yesterday. Jacket Potato with chilli and cheese. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get it right for most places in town. The potatoes are usually too dry, cold, chilli is usually tin bought or again, cold. Friends Bistro were spot on. From what I could tell the chilli was home made and delicious. The accompanying salad was done well too.

If I could sum Friends Bistro up I'd say it was 'Simple food, Done well.'
Which is a major feat in this town.

4/5

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I've been visiting friends since a teenager and has always been my favorite place for lunch or even a breakfast as they are fantastic.
Eat in or take away from baps to lunch boxes. It's all good

Date of visit: September 2017
Jenny H, Owner at Friends Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you and am so pleased that you enjoy friends. Jenny

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Just off the beaten track right in the heart of Great Yarmouth is this lovely little bistro cafe. Excellent traditional food with very friendly staff. They also have special event evenings with either music or entertainment. I considered not reviewing this place as I wanted to keep it a secret for myself !

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Very pleasant ambience Friendly service We both had the fried halloumi with lime and caper vinaigrette and dressed salad from the specials board. Delicious! I had tea for one and my buddy had raspberry presse - both lovely.
Well worth a visit

Date of visit: August 2017
Jenny H, Owner at Friends Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you very much. We are glad you enjoyed jenny

Reviewed 15 August 2017

No highchairs available for my 17 month old! Been here lots of times with friends and family! Decided to take my daughter in for some lunch... it was a nice day and we were going to sit outside! My mum went in to ask for a highchair to be told 'we don't have them' I feel that this isn't very 'friendly' and has changed my view on this place! Doesn't look like this is the first review of this kind either! There was 3 adults and my daughter... we would have spend £40-£50! What kind of establishment in this day and age can turn that away? We ended up going to palmers who were happy to take our money! Friends bistro will not last long with this attitude! The reason I gave it a 3 is because the food is very good... but if you have a child that can't sit in a chair then forget it as they don't want you there!

Date of visit: August 2017
3  Thank katieliddiment
Jenny H, Owner at Friends Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for putting your review on not only trip advisor but Facebook too.

I think it very unfair with your comments about friends bistro not being child friendly. We are very child friendly. The reason we do not have high chairs is we do not have the room.

As for " we won't last long" I can assure you that I have been going very successful since 1981 and still very popular with our loyal and friendly customers. Jenny Haylett