“VISIT FOR DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY”
Review of Friends Bistro

Friends Bistro
Ranked #87 of 369 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Located this venue after the previous venue that we have used to celebrate family birthdays closed after retirement of owner. Looked at many a place to use instead and so glad we chose Friends Bistro as a new venue for us to celebrate. Booked table for 12 noon and seated immediately on arrival. Menus handed to us almost immediately. As we were ready to order drinks and food our order was taken after a short and very acceptable wait; we were, however,advised that we could take longer to select our food choices if we wished. The waitress was friendly and welcoming and our custom felt valued. Drinks arrived within minutes and food followed after and expected and acceptable wait. Our party all enjoyed their choices from the menu and were very complimentary about everything related to our visit. The Bistro was clean and tidy, as were the toilets.Throughout our visit everything was to our satisfaction and we have now located a replacement venue for future celebrations of our 3 daughters birthdays. Thank you for a very enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

A really nice lunch was had yesterday. Jacket Potato with chilli and cheese. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get it right for most places in town. The potatoes are usually too dry, cold, chilli is usually tin bought or again, cold. Friends Bistro were spot on. From what I could tell the chilli was home made and delicious. The accompanying salad was done well too.

If I could sum Friends Bistro up I'd say it was 'Simple food, Done well.'
Which is a major feat in this town.

4/5

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I've been visiting friends since a teenager and has always been my favorite place for lunch or even a breakfast as they are fantastic.
Eat in or take away from baps to lunch boxes. It's all good

Jenny H, Owner at Friends Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you and am so pleased that you enjoy friends. Jenny

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Just off the beaten track right in the heart of Great Yarmouth is this lovely little bistro cafe. Excellent traditional food with very friendly staff. They also have special event evenings with either music or entertainment. I considered not reviewing this place as I wanted to keep it a secret for myself !

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Very pleasant ambience Friendly service We both had the fried halloumi with lime and caper vinaigrette and dressed salad from the specials board. Delicious! I had tea for one and my buddy had raspberry presse - both lovely.
Well worth a visit

Jenny H, Owner at Friends Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you very much. We are glad you enjoyed jenny