“Relaxing break”
Review of Gable End Hotel

Gable End Hotel
Ranked #39 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband and I booked Great Yarmouth to go to the horse racing and see The Gable End hotel on the web site and it looked very nice. Booked 4 nights. Our room was at the back of the building and the kitchen was below our room and every morning at about 7am, all we could smell was the kitchen staff cooking breakfast, not very pleasant! Room was quite small, creeky floorboards. I must say that the breakfasts were lovely and David was so pleasant. Overall had a nice break and the weather was perfect. Would book the hotel again, perfect location, but would want a sea view room!!

• Stayed: August 2013
GableEnd, Owner at Gable End Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank You for your review. We are pleased you had a good stay with us. Apologies for the smell of cooking you encountered. The room you stayed in was Room 11 I believe which is a lovely sized double room with good decor. However if you book a Sea View with us you will have a larger room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please call us for latest deals and special offers.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Although the evening meals where only Bar Meals they where very good and I can recommend them. The rooms where very clean and tidy and I had a very restful night. I had to leave at 7:30 in the morning so they arranged for my breakfast at 7 which was half an hour before they normal start, very commendable service which you certainly don't get everywhere. Well Done and thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael B
GableEnd, Manager at Gable End Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for your review, it means a lot to us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

it is in a great location, only few minutes to the town and opposite the beach. very friendly staff. The breakfast was lovely plus you can have bar meals later.It was great value for money. I will definately be returning again. thrigby wildlife park is only 15 minutes away and is well worth a visit, especially if you like big cats

Room Tip: the single room is very good and a good size
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed at the Gable End last night whilst on business in Grt Yarmth.
Excellent car parking facilities meant I was confident enough to leave tools and equipment in the car overnight. The single room I was in was basic but exactly what you would expect for a budget hotel. When I pointed out a bit of a problem with the room the manager was more than happy for me to change rooms and apologised for any inconvenience. Nothing seemed to bug him.
Whilst I didn't bother with a full breakfast the next morning I overheard another couple in the dining room commenting on how nice it was.
All in all a good value hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is a nice little hotel well priced very clean could not fault the bedroom ,breakfast is as good as any .Car parking easy 20 mins slow walk to britania pier and easy access to all sea side resorts greyhound and horse racing will stay there again

Room Tip: phone hotel v g s
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

o nce again great service staff excellent stella @ Graeme great owners work extremely hard,cant wait to come back left my Walkman @ received a call the next day from damion he is keeping it safe for me best wishes to you all from kath @ dave Fordham room 5 I would recommend anyone to visit we sure are going back.....

Room Tip: only because their are no facilitys like that ha
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for our first mini break away together and we found the hotel very comfortable and friendly.
The room accommodation was lovely, very comfortable which resulted in us having the best nights sleep.
I highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: May 2013