“Just Right”

Ranked #44 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Just Right”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was attending a rock weekend the other side of Great Yarmouth and needed a B&B close by. This was great. Clean, comfortable with en-suite for a great price with late access. Breakfast was really good too and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I recently spent three nights at this hotel. It was a really pleasant experience. The room was clean and comfortable. All the staff who worked at the hotel were really helpful and friendly. They made sure that I had everything I needed to have a really good staf.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed for two nights during the week last week. Had a lovely atmosphere around the hotel.Breakfast was lovely, with good portions. Service was friendly and homely. Would definitely recommend to others and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed for a long weekend and what a fabulous weekend it turned out to be .We stayed in room 5 which had a lovely sea view .The whole hotel has a lovely atmosphere .Breakfast was very enjoyable and the service was excellent. This is a hotel we will come back to again in the future.

Room Tip: Room 5.Superior room .Lovely sea view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mick T
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is on the sea front and has nice views. The car park is very small. We did get a space but it would quickly fill up. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant is only open for breakfast but the bar food was good. We would happily return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

stayed here with my daughter first night sounded like someone was draging something along the corridore all night, bed creaked every time i moved we didnt get a lot off sleep. went down to breakfast next morning (had to go out the night befor for an evening meal as kitchen was having work done to it but nothing said when we booked) only to be served luke warm food. the second night we went to bed only to have someone talking in the corridore till four in the morning at onethirty shouting down her mobile at someone when we went for breakfast second morning luke warm food again n coffee n tea pot thick in dust no attempt to wipe off we decided to go home even though we were booked in for another night was told we would get money back for this night still waiting. NEVER AGAIN and certainly not RECOMENDED

Room Tip: NOT nos nine
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pauline p
GableEnd, Owner at Gable End Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Having read your review, it always concerns me when people feel the need to complain about our hotel and the standard we strive so hard to achieve. We take complaints very seriously and so I plan to respond to this review by addressing every point you have raised.

1. I cannot imagine what the 'dragging' noise in the corridor was that you heard all night. I've never been made aware of this before and nobody else mention anything about this either.

2. I'm sorry you found the bed squeaky. All beds in the hotel are relatively new and having read this, I have tried the bed and can find no evidence of this. Needless to say though, I am sorry you didn't get a lot of sleep. I have spoken to the waitress who served you and she said on the first morning, at no point did you mention any of these issues to her and that you appeared very happy and untroubled at breakfast.

3. The kitchen was undergoing some emergency work. It was not planned work hence why you weren't informed at time of booking. You were told upon check in though by our recptionist that we had had an emergency that day. He also stated to you that because of this unplanned works, the kitchen would be unavailable the first night but open the second night.

4. I am sorry you found the breakfast luke warm. As previously mentioned, if you had told somebody, we would have been more than happy to bring you another, however nothing was said and everything got eaten. As you can see from our many other reviews on here, our breakfast is one of our specialities and we receive daily compliments on this.

5. Regarding the noise from a fellow guest, unfortunately I have no control or foresight over how guests are going to conduct themselves. However, there is a Guest Information pack in your room with the hotel telephone number in which guests can ring 24/7. If you had called us, I would have addressed this straight away. Although we do not have a night porter, there is Management on sight during the night.

6. Regarding breakfast on your second morning, I was on duty aswel as others at breakfast and would not have served you a dusty tea pot. Our teapots are in constant use so don't even have time to accumalate dust. Once again though, nothing was mentioned to us.

7. I was in Reception the morning you check out. I was talking with another guest and before I had chance to speak to you, you simply slammed the keys into my hand and left with giving me the chance to check you out or giving me the chance to discuss with you all these issues.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, however I would like to point out that it is not in our interest to make our guests have an unpleasant stay. We are a family run hotel and rely on people to book with us as opposed to the big chains. We always maintain high standards to ensure our guests have a lovely stay and return, but we also rely on our guests to bring issues to us immiedietly so we can address there and then. Not for them to 'suffer in silence' to air these views over a website when they get home.
Surrey
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed during the half term. Our family room was a welcome surprise as the children had their own room off our's with 2 single beds. Our standard room was basically decorated, clean and simple. The shower leaked on the 1st night but it was sorted the next day even though that was a Sunday. Hotel is just opposite water gardens and beach, 5 mins from the cinema which was v handy for the kids morning movies. Downstairs public rooms are lovely, old, with wooden panelling. Breakfast excellent every morning, even opened an hour early when the clocks went back. Jason the barman friendly and helpful. Would like to have met the owners but I guess they were busy.

Room Tip: Had a peek in some superior rooms which looked lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GableEnd, Owner at Gable End Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank You for your lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you in the future, please contact us direct to get our best available rates