All reviews homemade shortbread coffee machine porridge skye room attention to detail pillow spray harris room best places we have ever stayed white chocolate and raspberry enormous bed chai latte sleep mask luxury stay scottish decor scottish fine soaps bathrobes slippers usb sockets
Reviewed 7 November 2017

HAVE BREAKFAST HERE. EAT ALL THE FOOD. ENJOY A FOOD COMA IN THE COMFY BED. Forget about going out exploring, fall asleep early, wake up late! Enjoy your holiday!!!

So on a more serious note: great B&B, an easy 5 minute walk to the centre of the village, and a short 20min drive to Aviemore..
Hosts were very attentive, friendly, and welcoming!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
James-and-Stuart, Owner at Firhall Highland Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Hi there Reel, thank you for this kind review of your recent stay at Firhall. We are just delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfasts, the guest lounge and even our hosting too. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

After an 8 hour drive we stayed one night at Strathallan B&B organised by Firhall as they were full. The room was fabulously Scottish with a four poster bed and lots of welcoming touches. We breakfasted at Firhall and booked in later that day. Four breakfasts, each day with a special. Beautiful porridge, full Scottish or vegetarian options - freshly made by Stuart. A magnificent start to the day - unhurried, friendly and delicious. Our room was Harris - huge comfortable bed, lovely homemade biscuits to accompany tea and coffee. Real milk in a fridge! Great advice on places to eat and places to go. The lounge was quintessentially Scottish and very comfortable. Stuart and James are great hosts and we hope to visit again to explore this beautiful part of Scotland.

Room Tip: Descriptions of rooms on website.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
James-and-Stuart, Owner at Firhall Highland Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hi there Karen, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay. It was such a pleasure to host you for your recent trip to this part of the Highlands. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Harris Room and found the super king size bed nice and comfortable. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our homemade shortbread biscuits from Stuart's Family Recipe. It took me quite the 'Scottish Bake-Off' training from my mother in law to learn to make them, so I'm very chuffed that you enjoyed them. Stuart and I hope the the journey back down to Hull wasn't too arduous and we hope to welcome you back to Firhall very soon.

James & Stuart

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Another stay at Firhall and yet again it did not disappoint!

We stayed in my fave room again 'Spey' and I am so glad we did, Spey is totally worth that little extra cost (and I mean little extra), the bed alone is worth it. Other than the amazing bed there is the beautiful bathroom, the space, the view, and all the little touches around the room (including the whiskey on arrival)

After an amazing nights sleep every night it is time for breakfast....... I cannot describe in words how amazing the breakfasts are. During this stay I sampled the porridge, the pancakes and the full breakfast and everytime it was incredible, Stuart really is an amazing cook and of course breakfast was served everyday in style by James.

Everything about Firhall is fab, the rooms, the food, the décor, the cleanliness, all the little touches and of course the hosts, I cannot recommend staying here more highly!!

A massive thank you again to James and Stuart for welcoming us back for our second stay, I really cannot wait to come back again.

Room Tip: Spey is amazing but every room has super quality
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Wow, thank you for taking the time to review your second stay with us. It was our pleasure to welcome you back to Firhall. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Spey Room and had a wonderful sleep. Stuart and I went a little overboard and selected an exceptional 'So to Bed' bed for our master room, so we are delighted to hear that guests are finding it so comfortable. As food lovers ourselves, it is very important that our breakfasts hit the mark. so with fresh local ingredients and a little creativity on Stuart's part, it seems we hit the spot for you-which is fantastic news! We look forward to welcoming you back for your next adventure here in the Highlands.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This was our second stay at Firhall and if anything it was better than the first. We stayed in Spey and it's a five star room at a four star price. The room is huge with the most comfortable bed that both my wife and I have ever slept in.
As I'm sure I said in my previous review it's all the extra little things that make Firhall amazing. In Spey we were given a wee dram of local whiskey in beautiful little glasses, the fixtures and fittings are all incredibly well thought out and immaculately presented.
So apart from the enormous bed; huge and fabulous bathroom along with phenomenal views of the Cairngorms there is the most important part - breakfast.
Stuart prepares the best cooked breakfast I've ever tasted. Porridge served with whiskey soaked sultanas, followed by a full Scottish breakfast or one his daily specials. The blueberry pancakes are to die for as is the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs served on a croissant with hollandaise sauce.
The rooms are incredibly clean with the highest quality bedding and gorgeous toiletries. Quite frankly I can't find one bad thing to say about Firhall. I suppose if I had one comment it would be that the free razor (yes I know I'm really struggling to find a negative) is not for grizzled faces like mine although my wife said it would be fine for her legs.
A big thanks to James and Stuart for looking after us and we will be back!

Room Tip: Spey is well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 681jamesu
James-and-Stuart, Owner at Firhall Highland Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi there James, thank you for taking the time to share this lovely review of your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our Spey Room once again. Stuart is delighted to hear that you enjoyed his breakfast specials. He does put a lot of love into his dishes so to hear how well received they have been is just wonderful. It was a pleasure to host you and your wife for your second visit to this part of the Highlands and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We stayed several nights at Firhall while on a tour with Scottish Routes. James and Stuart are both very welcoming hosts. The house is really beautiful and lovingly restored. The little details in the decorating are great. Every place that you looks there is something to catch your eye. Our bedroom was beautifully decorated. Breakfast was perfect. We would easily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
James-and-Stuart, Owner at Firhall Highland Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Wow thank you Sherry for this kind review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Firhall and your tour with a Scottish Routes too. Stuart and I are delighted that you found our breakfasts tasty, our rooms beautiful and that you could see the love we have put into the decoration. We look forward to welcoming you back to your boutique Highland hideaway soon.

James & Stuart