Lowest prices for your stay
£201
Fully refundable before Fri, 3 May
No prepayment needed
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
OnAir786974
Excellent guided holiday with Iolo & Nick.
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Feb 2024
I went on the guided holiday with Iolo & Nick in January 2024. I have stayed at the hotel a few times & it is always excellent. The staff are helpful & friendly, the food is great and the rooms are very comfortable. I love the BWWC & events, there were some excellent evening talks. Despite the weather we saw plenty of species and had a great time!
Date of stay: January 2024Trip type: Travelled solo
0.5 miles from Grant Arms Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Grantown-on-Spey
1,099 results
All reviews wildlife club bird watching club room wildlife enthusiasts birding ecosse evening talks gala dinner red deer comfortable hotel excellent hotel superior room anagach woods high standard dining room first class venison four nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2024 via mobile

A lovely 4 night stay at the hotel whilst on a birdwatching break with Highland Nature. Room was warm and cozy while it was freezing outside. Food was great with lots of choice and a tasty packed lunch too. All the staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again

Room tip: While we didn’t have a dog with us on this occasion, it is a very dog friendly hotel
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2024

We dropped in to the Grant Arms as our usual drinking place was closed. Don't know why it has taken us so long to call in but we are so glad we did! It was so nice to be made to feel welcome. The bar had local real ales on, had guinness and sauvignon blanc! You may find this strange for me to mention this, but unbelievably so many local bars don't stock the excellent Cairngorm Brewery beers, nor sauvignon blanc! A very nice menu, which we didn't try today but we have already made plans to go back. The lady from Reception and who also did the Bar was so friendly and helpful with a good sense of humour and unbeknown to us, had asked a member of the team from the restaurant to come through and let us know about their current opening hours. Very comfortable bar to sit in, and nice to see it allowed well behaved dogs. Very clean place. We cannot wait to go back and I do hope that the Manager reads this and compliments their staff, they deserve it. We will do everything we can to promote this place to our friends and family.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2024 via mobile

From the moment I checked in - asking a million questions, through the whole experience of the week, the stay has been incredible. Front of house staff, housekeeping and chefs all do a fantastic job and should be praised for such. My lovely clean room was refreshed by housekeeping each day and I came back to everything topped up and ship shape, the front of house staff were always on hand to make sure we had hot beverages and served us efficiently at meal times and the food, was absolutely divine. Every single meal was superb.

This is a fantastic base for wildlife watchers and huge credit must go to the lovely, down to earth and approachable lady who runs the Bird watching club based at the hotel. The amount of work she has put in to providing an extensive library and function room for talks and all the literature and photographs, posters and competitions that she has put together, is incredible. Even a bird watching ‘daily news’ at each breakfast. It really does make this place what it is.

I would love to come back here again sometime and explore even more of this incredible area. A great big thankyou to all at the hotel.

Room tip: Ample parking at the front of the hotel. Co-op across the road for any supplies and the coffee shop a few metres away does a fab bacon butty
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2024

I booked into this hotel as a single traveller for Christmas purchasing their Christmas package from 23 - 27 December 2023. This included daily outings. The first night we all gathered and the new manager said to everyone, that car sharing was encouraged and if a person wanted to do an outing, then they must place their name on the notice board and the number of spaces available in their car, if they were prepared to share. I needed a lift from someone, but no one offered. I spoke to the Events Manager and she was not helpful and said she could not force people to give me a lift, but suggested I put a further notice on the board , which I did, this was also a negative. The Reception staff were very helpful and sympathetic. It was the manager's day off but I spoke to her on the phone, she too was not interested. I asked if at dinner she could say that some people needed a lift. She refused to do that and said she would charge me for one nights stay in the hotel if I wanted to go home. I was very upset. Even the outing leaders should have realised there was a problem.

The food was good and the room comfortable , but it is a disgrace that the hotel provides outings then do nothing to help guests.

I went home on the 24th and my Christmas was ruined.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2024

This was a return visit after visiting last year at the same time. A beautiful location and building, central in Grantown-on-Spey, with easy access to walks. The wildlife club is a unique asset, that you can enjoy, but it is not overstated if wildlife is not your thing.

Trip type: Travelled with family