Grant Arms Hotel
US$117
US$105
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Garth Hotel & Restaurant(Grantown-on-Spey)(Great Value!)
US$165
Ravenscourt House(Grantown-on-Spey)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Ben Mhor Hotel(Grantown-on-Spey)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Mountview Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswildlife clubbird watchingclub roomwildlife enthusiastsgala dinnerred deercomfortable hoteltraditional hotelrestaurant staffanagach woodssuperior roomchristmas breakfirst classhigh standarddining roomeach eveningkippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2011

This hotel is situated in a beautiful part of Scotland. On entering the hotel we were greeted with bird songs, what at pleasant difference from the usual muzak you hear. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They even allow dogs in the hotel. Our stay was very restful and we will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We stayed for the 4 night dinner b & b deal and it was superb value. Food excellent. Staff very friendly and attentive. We were upgraded to superior room at no extra cost. This hotel has a nice old fashioned feel to it - high ceilings, nice decor and dinner was something to look forward to every night. It was superior to many expensive restaurants I have been to. I can't understand why the hotel has only 3 stars. Generally, I found the area good for a short break and would stay at the hotel again.

Reviewed 19 February 2011

I wish we had booked a longer break at this hotel as the staff are friendly and ready to help in any way they can, the service and food in the restaurant is also of a high standard, the rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable.
The hotels central location means you have easy access for touring and walking in all parts of the highlands .

Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I (to quote some other famous visitors to this hotel) have just spent the most perfect Valentines Weekend in the most perfect hotel I have ever stayed in! Even the less than perfect weather could not dampen our enthusiasm. The room, the food, the facilities but most of all the staff were absolutely first class. We felt at home from the minute we walked through the admittedly difficult to negotiate revolving door. The friendliness of the staff was exceptional but in no way compromised the professionalism with which absolutely all of them conducted themselves. The Birdwatching and Wildlife Club is a gem of an idea and extremely well managed but not intrusive for those people that don't have that sort of interest and just want a really comfortable stay in a first class hotel. Can't wait for our next visit!

Reviewed 12 February 2011

We stayed at this hotel a few months ago (July 2010) and were so impressed that I felt impelled to give a glowing report of our stay on this web site (my first report on Tripadvisor). We just couldn't wait to get back. Was it as good on our second visit? No - it was even better!! The service throughout was excellent (just as efficient, helpful, and friendly - but not 'in your face'), the food was superb again, but the room we were in seemed to have been recently refurbished, to a very high standard - even though the room on our previous stay was beyond criticism.

This was our first visit to Scotland in the winter, and my wife was a little worried that there might not be much to do. However, virtually everywhere was 'open', and we had a splendid time, taking in the scenery, watching the amazing wildlife (three lifetime 'firsts' for me), taking envigorating walks rewarded by cups of tea and buns at the end, sampling the whisky, etc.

Before retiring, I had my own travel business, and spent a large portion of my life living in 3, 4, and 5-star hotels in most countries in mainland Europe, and a few beyond. If forced to choose just one hotel that I would be able to visit for holidays from now on, I would choose The Grant Arms.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple