“Great B&B with a fab Salon at the back!”
Review of Dunallan House

Dunallan House
“Great B&B with a fab Salon at the back!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at Dunallan House. Jayne was a lovely host and cooked a mean breakfast!! The room was spotless, comfortable and well stocked.
I also had a Pedicure and a Haircut at Lavendar Blue Salon, run by Jayne's daughter Fiona, and both were great!
I highly recommend staying at Dunallan House!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Dodgy booking experience which took stamina and even then incorrect. Well located and convenient parking. Excellent breakfast. Dog friendly @ £12 per night. Good pub grub and banter at Craig Bar across the road.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
anagach, Owner at Dunallan House, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
I hope that you enjoyed your stay at Dunallan House and that the rest of your trip went well. I can only apologies if you feel that the booking process was extended or tedious, but in this case it did seem to take a while to get everything right and I hope you accept my sincere apologies for this.
I hope that the booking experience did not reflect your actual stay with us, and that your tripadvisor rating would have been higher had it reflected more on the experience of the accommodation itself & beautiful Grantown on Spey .
I am always a little dissapointed to read that my guests have not experienced the very best service possible. This is my family home & I enjoy sharing it with my guests. However, I hope you can understand that sometimes things don't always go as smoothly as I would like here with the general distractions of day to day family life. I always do my very best to be as helpful & efficient as possible & I am so sorry you feel your booking experience did not meet your expectations.

Once again, it was delightful to meet you both and I wish you all the best.
Kind Regards, Jayne
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed in dunallan house a handful of times now. Its in the perfect location for exploring what the highlands have to offer. Jayne and family are great and couldn't be more helpful if they tried. Such a welcoming atmosphere. The guesthouse has been updated recently and looks amazing with the modern twist on Scottish tradition. Each room I have had has had very comfortable beds and are immaculate. Last but not least the breakfasts are AMAZING!!!! I would stay just for them! A+++

Room Tip: if you want a couples get away the room on the top floor is great!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my 3rd time staying at Dunallan house and it was as always, superb. This time I got a nice surprise because since my last visit, Lavender Blue, a quaint little salon had opened up down stairs within the guest house. I had my hairs and nails done, which was just the perfect addition to my weekend away! Fiona, the Salon owner mangaged to convince me to go with whole new style! Well, I left on the Sunday night feeling a whole new person - feeling good, and looking good!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A brief visit and only stayed 1 night but were made to feel very welcome. Very clean and comfortable and excellent breakfast. Handy for the town and even got time to try out the local bike trails. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Simon L
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had a really good welcome to the b and b. Host is delightful and helpful. Our room was well appointed with an excellent ensuite. Good towels and bed linen. Breakfast had good choices in a good sized room. I could recommend this to anyone

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My partner and I decided to take a trip over to picturesque town of Grantown on Spey over a long weekend. Dunallan house was recommended to us by a friend who has stayed a few times before. Dunallan was everything thing we hoped it would be and more!!!!

On arrival we were greeted but the lovely and friendly Jayne and shown up to our beautiful room. The room was spotless, stylish and very comfortable! After settling in we took a walk around the town and went for dinner at a local pub near by called The Craig which specialises in gourmet pies. Yum Yum!!! Later that evening we joined Jayne in living room and enjoyed a glass or two of local malt whiskey in front of the roaring fireplace. Heavenly!!!

We asked Jayne if it would be ok to have breakfast a little later than the given breakfast times the next morning so we could enjoy a lie-in, this was no problem for Jayne who we found was very accommodating throughout the whole trip. After a very comfortable and peaceful sleep my partner and I tucked into fresh fruit and yogurt before enjoying a cooked breakfast and delicious home made waffles!!!

Dunallan house is a beautiful Victorian house which is very homely. Jayne is a wonderful host who went beyond the calls of duty to ensure we had a great trip. We were made to feel very much at home while staying here. I can't recommend this guest house enough and will most definitely be back!!! (Even if just for the waffles!!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becc1985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantown-on-Spey
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
#8 of 9 in Grantown-on-Spey
Dalrachney Lodge Hotel
Dalrachney Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Carrbridge

Been to Dunallan House? Share your experiences!