I stayed at Culdearn for 3 nights, DBB. The hotel is a beautiful house on the way into Grantown from Aviemore direction, therefore ideally placed. Aviemore is worth avoiding if you can and Grantown is peaceful and pretty. Grantown is also close to skiing areas; many walks start from the front door, single malt distilleries and Royal Deeside aren't far.
I had a very sizeable and comfortable room with an amazing bathroom. The food was excellent and the wine list equally impressive. Sonia and William are great hosts and I really enjoyed my time staying here. Parking is easy just outside.
Highly recommended - for walkers, for skiiers, Royal watchers or those heading onto the Spey to fish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beatiful Victoria Country House built in 1860 which has retained many of its original features. It is now a small hotel offering fine food, excellent malts and wines and is ideally based within the heart of Speyside on the whisky and castle trails. Salmon and sea trout fishing on the nearby River Spey, 5 beautiful golf courses, steam train, funicular railway to the top of Cairngorm Mountain are all within easy short distance from the house. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Culdearn House Hotel Grantown-On-Spey
- Culdearn Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Culdearn House Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland