My partner and I booked a meal at Culdearn House on 15 May 2014. The food was fabulous and excellent value for money, certainly 5*. Following the meal everyone, including the owners Sonia and William, retired to the beautiful sitting room for an after dinner drink. My partner totally surprises me and proposes. After the complete shock and positive reply, William and Sonia brought out the champers.
I could not have had a more special day, beautiful surroundings, a fabulous meal and the most wonderful people to share it with. William and Sonia are warm, welcoming and their home is stunning. We shall certainly be returning on our anniversary.
Sonia and William, thank you for making such a special day even more memorable.
Debbie & Craig
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beatiful Victoria Country House built in 1860 which has retained many of its original features. It is now a small hotel offering fine food, excellent malts and wines and is ideally based within the heart of Speyside on the whisky and castle trails. Salmon and sea trout fishing on the nearby River Spey, 5 beautiful golf courses, steam train, funicular railway to the top of Cairngorm Mountain are all within easy short distance from the house. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Culdearn House Hotel Grantown-On-Spey
- Culdearn Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Culdearn House Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland