“Charming couple and B&B!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waverley Villa Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Waverley Villa Guesthouse
Sacramento, California
“Charming couple and B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

My friend and I stayed at Waverly Villa because of it's excellent location to local sights. Just a short drive to Inverness, the Cairngorm National Park, the Speyside Whiskey Trail, the Highlands, and Aviemore and other small cities are very close as well. The couple has two rooms available, we stayed in a room with a queen size bed and a twin bed. There is an ensuite bathroom with a shower. The decor is charming and the bed was comfortable. There is also a tv for watching at night to wind down before bed. Breakfast is served in the morning, cooked by the lovely Isobel. Breakfast consists of toast, cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, and a slice of tomato. She also made Black Pudding for us, in a very small amount, as we weren't too sure what it would taste like. It actually wasn't too bad! I was very glad I was able to try it, though it's not my breakfast item of choice. There are a couple of hotels with restaurants that we tried. The Garth Hotel Restaurant and Bistro No. 55. All are within walking distance. There is also a pretty good chinese place as well. Waverly Villa did not have internet, but Bistro No. 55 might let you use their wireless if you are nice and eat there =) Gerald and Isobel are very sweet! They let us borrow their binoculars, gave us tips on sights to see, and when I had an unfortunate accident with my blowdry, Isobel even let me borrow one. They were seriously the sweetest couple and I would definitely love to go back and visit them someday again. We stayed for a couple of nights and I definitely would have stayed longer. I highly recommend the Glenlivet and Glenfiddich distilleries and the Speyside Steam Train. We did not go to the estate they have available for clay pidgeon or game shooting, but I am sure that would be an awesome time. You will not be dissapointed if you stay here. If you do go, tell Isobel and Gerald that Ashley from California says hi!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Semisweetreverie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantown-on-Spey
Garth Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 3 in Carrbridge
Dunallan House
Dunallan House
#4 of 23 in Grantown-on-Spey

Been to Waverley Villa Guesthouse? Share your experiences!