The Craiglynne Hotel
Nethybridge Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
  • Breakfast included
Grant Arms Hotel(Grantown-on-Spey)
TripAdvisor
Garth Hotel & Restaurant(Grantown-on-Spey)
  • Breakfast included
Ben Mhor Hotel(Grantown-on-Spey)
Ravenscourt House(Grantown-on-Spey)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Mountview Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscrerar hotelseasy breaksfront facinglovely hoteldinner bed and breakfastset menua la carte menubit datedreception areaold buildinghotel staffnight breakrelaxing breakshort breakexcellent value for moneydb bboth nights
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with family and loved the look of the hotel. We had dinner on the first night which wasn't great, i couldn't complain as we weren't asked if everything was ok. Looking at other reviews i'm guessing it was an off night which happens. We were happy with our rooms and thought they were quirky. As for creaky floors, what do people expect, it's an old building and if you ask me that really is a pathetic complaint to have!! We were very happy with our breakfast even if its not your traditional Scottish breakfast, but we had plenty to chose from. Overall it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and am sorry to hear that your evening meal did not enhance your stay with us. Your comments will be noted and discussed at our next restaurant and kitchen training session to ensure we get this right for our guest in the future.

I hope you will return to the Craiglynne hotel in 2013 to allow us to show you how high are food standards are normally.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here for two week's with work. The first impression of the hotel was one of quaint pleasantness, however I was disappointed to discover the foyer was a 1970's esc dated wooden lobby and bar which was very expensive. I stayed in a twin room which was an average sized and had an average bathroom . The bathroom wasn't in the best state of repair but was cleaned daily by very accommodating staff. The bed was uncomfortable and not to my liking. The hotel has an attached restaurant which for me was the highlight of the trip, I ate here several times for breakfast and evening meals, the food was second to none and was reasonably priced. The staff in both the reception, restaurant and bar where very polite , courteous and helpful. in summery the hotel was average and slightly over priced however the staff and food fantastic.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I will pass on your kind comments to our staff who worked hard for your group during your stay to try and ensure we made it as pleasant as possible as working away from home is never easy.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I'm staying here as part of work and as such don't ever expect much, in this case however i was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is well situated for enjoying both the countryside and just mooching about towns. There are plenty of touristy things to do in the area. The hotel itself provides a welcoming atmosphere with its friendly staff. The bar is a great place to relax of an evening with its selection of whiskeys, The restaurant provides a constantly changing menu of quality food. The room was comfortable and the showers were hot what more do you need. I have read some of the previous reviews and feel they were unfair, my stay here was enjoyable and would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the hotel, your group have been a pleasure to have in the hotel and we hope that you will come back and enjoy this area when you are not working but relaxing in your own time.

As you noted this is a great base for exploring the local area with the start of the whisky trail on our doorstep and a great selection in our bar for you to sample on your return to the hotel.

Thank you again for your comments and I will pass them on to our staff.

Ac General Manager

Reviewed 6 October 2012

As with the previous review, I am currently staying at the Craiglynne Hotel whilst working in the local area. A beautiful hotel from the exterior set in a lovely location. Upon arrival I was greeted with friendly staff who would go the extra mile to make my stay much better. I was even allowed to use a downstairs room to store equipment in overnight to save me carrying heavy boxes upstairs. My room is very comfortable and to counter the shower cubicle comment in a previous review, I am over six feet tall and had no problems at all. The food is excellent and set at very competetive prices. All in all, I have nothing but good things to say and will return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay here with us. We try to help our guests in any way we can, including the little things like extra storage space if needed etc.

We have enjoyed having your group with us and hope that we do see you again in the future when you will have time to relax and enjoy the hotel and area more (without the early morning starts !).

Ac General Manager

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I feel the need to counter some of the comments regarding this hotel. I am currently staying here at the moment, and think it is great. The staff are very welcoming and will do anything to help you. I have had a couple of issues, and they have been resolved quickly with no fuss.
The room I am staying in is really nice too. The decor and furniture is fine and gives the rooms a homely feel.
In fact the only complaint I would have is the fact the mobile signal here is a bit naff but that is no fault of the hotel - I suspect the local geography! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to enjoy the local area; and the nearby Whiskey Trail!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you are enjoying your stay with us and will pass on yoru comments to our staff.

You are correct about the phone signal in this area and we tend to see a lot of guests walking about outside with hands in the air or standing in the middle of the garden where for some reason a signal can be located.

Once again that you for taking the time to place your review and I hope we will see you again at the hotel once your business in the area in over.