“Another great night”

The Craiglynne Hotel
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is the sixth time I have stayed at the Craiglynne Hotel but only managed one night last night as I was just passing through on my way to Aberdeen, I am slightly annoyed to read about a comment that was put on saying to avoid this hotel as I can honestly say everybody was very welcoming as usual, my room was great, and the food was lovely never have I been to the Craiglynne and have had my meal within 20seconds????? Has anyone else I very much doubt, the food is freshly made it is always served lovely and I'm sure if you do have a complaint, then complain if it does not get sorted then moan, but come on be honest when putting on moans don't grip cause you have had a bad day, the gardens are wonderful all in all great to be back a few new faces but everyone very pleasent, I'll be back probably at the end of the year. I do write as I see through my own eyes and people can see by my other reviews I am fair if I enjoyed it I'll say if I didn't I'll let people know the truth, but I would love to see more people whom enjoy there holidays or breaks write a review. Good work all keep it up.

Room Tip: A room at the front has lovely views on too the gardens.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you once again for laving us a review on Trip Advisor. we are always delighted to see our return guests and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Craiglynne Hotel

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here again and still great with its old world charm and friendly staff.We stayed for 1 night Friday the 4th ,The meal was great really love the venison and mash and decided to go ala carte for the cheeseboard which we took to the lounge for a port and coffee next to one of the big open fires hopefully we will come when its cold enough next time to see it on.Breakfast was excellent I have never seen a such a good breakfast choice in a hotels as what this chain of hotels offered.

Many Thanks Again.

Room Tip: We have stayed in rooms at the front and back of the hotel and all seem the same standard
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are always delighted to see and welcome back our returning customers. We are pleased you enjoyed another short visit to our hotel and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back for our reunion break in early November.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We are staying for two nights dbb, food is shocking, its all prepared well in advance, I've never had my food brought go me so quickly after choosing, maybe 20 seconds or so. Had to send mine back, was truly awful, sauted mushrooms on soggy toast, yuk. Main was venison and mash, venison was tasteless and I suspected it to be beef. Mash was the worst ever, undercooked potatoes mashed. You end up with very lumpy disgusting mash. Dessert was just awful too strawberry ice cream, tastless and freezing cold and rock hard. On to our rooms. Be prepared everything everywhere squeaks and creaks, the kettles are not near any plug sockets and the one in my parents room did not work.shaving lights dont work either. Next is the noise. My god is this place noisy. About 7am the kitchens start up, fans kick in and thats you awake, we are in rooms 112 115 116, terrible locations the kitchens are directly underneath and Trust me its just clatter bang bang, unacceptable. By far thus is one of the worst hotels I have ever experienced, they either find me 3new rooms that are clean and quiet then we are leaving...I wonder what treats breakfast hokds for us.....

Room Tip: Away from back of hotel, its pretty dismal, noisy and creaky, will be dpeaking wath gemma soon.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank peterchuichui

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy your meal with us, Our chefs prepares all of our menus which change each day on a four day cycle, as you can appreciate we do our very best to cater for individual tastes, however when we serve over 2500 meals per week, we can on occasion get this wrong. I appreciate this is no consolation to yourself which I apologise profusely for. I note your parents enjoyed their meal and we did ensure there was a £90 reduction in rate as a goodwill gesture.

I am completely baffled by your overall review of our property, where you have rated it as terrible, whilst still being in house!, and giving no one any chance to rectify any issues you had before posting your review. Our receptionist arranged a room move to a king bedroom, front facing, and also offered a side facing single.

I would like to express my sincerest apologies that your stay was not as good as it could have been and I am also very disappointed that you declined the opportunity to speak with myself during your stay, (as I noted in your review you would be speaking to myself, but then declined.) we never like to hear of any of our customers leaving us unhappy. Our employees were extremely obliging and remained helpful at all times, again we were disappointed you rated their service as poor.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 1 October 2013

An enormous thank you to the wonderful staff at the Craiglynne Hotel, making our walking weekend such a success. The tireless efforts and good nature of staff are examples of true professionals. Their ability to deal with inevitable hiccups was exemplary, dealing with large numbers with skill, patience, reassurance and genuine good grace at all times.

We go to a lot of hotels, walking weekends, and that was the most accommodating and stress free ever for me to organise, as, usually numbers throw hotels off balance a bit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne C
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to all the team here at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the Crerar Craiglynne Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My mum had been given a voucher for an afternoon tea for two, as a birthday present, so we decided to book an overnight stay to make it more of a treat. We had a very warm welcome on our arrival and after leaving our luggage in the room, which was a very clean and comfortable twin room at the front of the property, we headed down for our afternoon tea, which we had in the reception lounge. The service was great and we enjoyed a large plate of various sandwiches, as much tea and coffee as we wanted and a good selection of yummy cakes! We decided to book our dinner at the hotel in the evening, which was a great move. The restaurant staff were all very pleasant and efficient and we enjoyed a lovely 3-course meal for a very reasonable £19.95 each. The food was very fresh and of a good quality for the price. After dinner we enjoyed live music by a local folk singer, in the reception lounge, which was a lovely end to the day. Overall, we were both very impressed with the friendly staff, good service and high standard of food at this hotel and we would highly recommend it to others. We had a lovely breakfast the next morning before our departure. We were allowed to leave our luggage for a few hours, as our bus did not leave until the afternoon. This gave us some time to browse round the local shops and enjoy our last few hours in Grantown-on-Spey. Will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 0Bruna
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we are appreciative of the time our guests take to leave their comments. We were all delighted to read your comments regarding our afternoon tea and our great service.

I am glad that you enjoyed your short stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the staff here at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your review, we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Coming from a very poor hotel on our travels around Scotland we were given a very warm welcome were nothing was too much trouble. Also given a good deal on B&B and evening meal.Room with a view and staff who were as helpful as the Manager. Avery good first expereince of this chain of hotels.

Room Tip: Room at the front was very spacious with a good view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were all delighted to read your comments, and that you enjoyed your short stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the staff here at the hotel

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I booked with Classic Britain for a deal of four nights dinner bed and breakfast and we weren't disappointed.We were given a warm welcome when we arrived and had a room at the front. It wasn't a big room but clean and comfortable .My only disappointment was that I couldn't get hot water to have a bath and had to boil kettles of water. I tried to phone down to the duty manager but the phone wouldn't work. The staff in the dining room were efficient and couldn't do enough for us. The food was excellent and well presented. We sent our compliments to the chef. The let down was new guests arriving and dragging their cases through the dining room while we were having our meal even although there was another entrance to the other part of the hotel. When I queried it I was told that it was easier than taking their cases outside over the gravel, yet I did see some of them doing that. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I asked for a room at the front so had a good view of the well kept gardens.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I apologise that you did not seem to have hot water I have checked back our maintenance log book and we did not have any reports on hot water being unavailable, we did notice a fault in the telephone line and we are appreciative of your feedback and bringing it to our attention.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Warmest regards
Gemah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantown-on-Spey
Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club
#8 of 9 in Grantown-on-Spey
The Boat Hotel
The Boat Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boat of Garten

Been to The Craiglynne Hotel? Share your experiences!