“Value for money! Highly recommend!”

The Craiglynne Hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My sister & I stayed for 2 nights at the end of July and were made to feel very welcome by all of the staff.

The bar man & young Spanish waiter were extremely pleasant & friendly!

The room was spacious, well presented and overlooked the gardens to the front of the hotel.

Our package included a 3 course meal both nights & breakfast each morning.....the food was amazing!

We paid £79pp....excellent value for money!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank audreyxx
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us, I have passed your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel and to our barman Manuel was delighted to read your positive feedback.

Once again many thanks for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Craiglynne Hotel in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for The Craiglynne Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here Tuesday, 5th august. Last stayed eight years ago and noted all the public areas were all redecorated and very pleasant - lots of sofas, chairs and period furniture which suited the style of the hotel. Bar space quite small but quirky and good atmosphere. Dining area is new in relation to the hotel but suits the needs of the guests. Great buzzy atmosphere with excellent staff who are friendly and helpful without being overpowering. They certainly dealt with the full dining room (mainly German tour bus) efficiently and professionally. We enjoyed our meal and there was a nice choice from the set menu presented and cooked very well. Room was a good size and furnishing had been updated since my last stay. Unfortunately, cannot say the same of the en-suite, in real need of up-dating. Having battled with shower in the evening we finally got to grips with the problematic tap head and breezed in there in the morning only to find there was no hot water! Apologies made by the reception as there had been a boiler malfunction. A nice place for a short stay and hopefully en suites will be upgraded on our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScotFlying

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us, I have pass your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel and who were all pleased to read your comments. Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the recent boiler issues we have been experiencing, which I understand is no consolation to yourself and I thank you for your patience.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Took the advice of another reviewer and booked a superior room. It was a large room with a great view. There was a lovely bowl of fruit, robes and slippers waiting for us. We can't say enough good things about the staff. The wait staff in the restaurant were amazing. They were very attentive in spite being very busy. Manuel the bar tender is a treasure. The staff on the front desk were very helpful. Overall a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a superior room. You won't be disappointed.
1  Thank Vicki W
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us, I have pass your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel and our barman was extremely pleased to read your comments.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just returned from a weekend at this hotel. On arrival, the reception was manned by a young man whose English was limited, although they could see he was struggling, 2 other reception staff stood by and watched. When one of them did decide to help, she did so grudgingly and her manner was rude to say the least. We were shown to our room, on the ground floor. My husband and l are neither elderly or disabled, yet we were given a room that at best can be described as a hospital or care home room. The room was dull, tired and well used. The bathroom was a disgrace, chipped, broken and old fashioned. On the plus side, the food was good and the staff in the bar and restaurant (especially the Spanish waiter) were very friendly. An excellent Michael Buble tribute act on Saturday night made the weekend bearable. Needless to say, we won't be returning.

2  Thank Joyce1003

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I can confirm that we have a new member of staff who has started with us on reception, the receptionist was overseeing him carrying out the usual tasks, I am sorry you seen him struggling, Jennifer has also asked that I pass on her sincerest apologies as she certainly did not intend on coming across in the manner you have picked her up in.

Please also accept my apologies that the room you were allocated was not to your liking. I have checked back our log book and unfortunately I cannot see any issues listed, should this have been reported at the time we would have been only too happy to have moved you to a different room type. I have however discussed your review at length with both our house keeping team and maintenance team and implemented the corrective re training where needed, I am aware this is of no consolation to yourselves.

I have passed your kind comments on to the kitchen, restaurant and bar team, who were all delighted.

Once again thank you for your review, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Many thanks

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Myself and my boyfriend have just returned from the Craiglynne hotel, a lovely hotel, staff exceptional, Jannine on reception was very polite and courteous, as were the management. The food was beautiful and our room was immaculate, huge and extremely comfortable. A very BIG thank you for making our stay so wonderful. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and hope to be visiting again shortly.

Diane and Derek - Falkirk

Room Tip: we asked for room 1, which was huge, clean and very spacious, as per advice on trip advisor before a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read you enjoyed your short stay with us, I have pass your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel and Janine was extremely pleased to read your comments.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We found our room quite dirty particularly the bathroom floor. The hand basin was badly cracked and I felt it could be a source of germs. The staff in the dining room were in some cases very rude. I had quite an argument with one young Scottish boy, Donny I think could have been his name. They seem incapable of bringing you what you ordered and several times people were given the wrong meal. During our stay nobody told us that we could get coffee in the lounge after dinner. On our second night there we came back to our room to find that it hadn't been serviced. I went to reception to ask what time the rooms were done and the very snooty receptionist pretended she didn't understand what I was getting at. Do you mean serviced she retorted. I was not amused as all I wanted was a biscuit to put me on until supper time as we brought our own hot chocolate as none was provided on the hospitality tray. I found the hotel noisy especially when they had entertainment on on Saturday night. Avoid rooms near the dining room as you can hear it very clearly and it is impossible to get to sleep for the noise. Had there been a phone in the room we could have phoned reception to ask if tbey could turn it down a shade but there wasn't one.i did not enjoy my stay and would not recommend it anyone. Grantown on Spey is very run down and there seemed little to do there so you need transport to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: People are always peeping into your room as they go passed outside if you have a ground floor room.A...
2  Thank maddydavidson

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we are appreciative of the time our guests take to leave their reviews, for it is vital to our business to take the feedback and work on it to improve our standards and service.

Firstly please accept my apologies that the service you received in the restaurant wasn’t up to our normal standards, in all honestly I was completely baffled to read about your experience as our staff strive to give each and every individual guest, the very best customer service possible and on this occasion we clearly got it wrong, I have discussed at length with both the kitchen and restaurant team to ensure this does not happen again.

I must apologise if your room wasn’t serviced in time for your arrival back with us in the hotel, our housekeepers do try their very best to have all rooms serviced before guests arrive back at the hotel however, as you can appreciate this isn’t always the case should guests return back early. We do place shortbread as part of the welcome tray in the room, we do not place shortbread in on a daily basis although we would have been more than happy to give you some at the desk along with a sachet of hot chocolate.

We do hold Scottish entertainment every second Saturday and Tuesday evenings and we normally receive great feedback with this, I am sorry if you were disturbed by the music.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay was not as good as it could have been, I am only disappointed that you deemed it necessary to post your review on Trip Advisor about the issues raised as I only wished you mentioned them at the time and we could have discussed and rectified them at the time as we never like to hear of any of our guests leaving us unhappy.

Thank you for your review, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Many thanks

Reviewed 22 July 2014

2 nights dinner b and b in the height of summer for £69!
Although our room was a bit small and the shower very poor, this is a nice hotel in a good area for touring. For dinner and breakfast we were asked for a dining time but each time we had to wait more than a few minutes to be seated. The meals were also good and the staff friendly but the dining room was very stuffy with a reluctance to open windows etc.
Shame about the Israelie smoker who set the fire alarm off before 7am!
Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid room 231.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly please accept my sincerest apologies that the shower was poor, I have had maintenance check this and we found that the wrong hose had been connected – this in turn affected pressure and I can confirm this has been rectified.

We are delighted to read your comments about our staff and I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us, please do not hesitate to give us a call should you rebook with us and we will do our very best to place you in to a room more suitable.

Once again many thanks and we hope we can welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Gemah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantown-on-Spey
Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club
#8 of 9 in Grantown-on-Spey
The Boat Hotel
The Boat Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boat of Garten

Been to The Craiglynne Hotel? Share your experiences!