Took my mother out for lunch on 21/10/11 and found this really nice restaurant. It is at the far end of Grantown as you come from Aviemore. The decor is warm, welcoming just the way a country hotel should be. The staff very friendly, polite and looking if they enjoyed there job. The service was very efficient and at your pace. Nice big tables so plenty room for all dishes, drinks etc. We were asked more than once if every thing was alright. Big portions. I felt, for myself, the bread crumbs on the fish was just to crispy. It looked a nice place to stay, but with it being an old building the floors are at some nice angles. I will go again. Great value
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garth Hotel, standing on the north end of the village square, in the heart of Grantown-on-Spey, was built in the 1850's and began its life as an Inn. Over the years the hotel has prospered, becoming the Premier Independent Hotel in Grantown-on-Spey. This Scottish hotel, near Aviemore, has recently been refurbished to encompass the perfect blend of elegant Victorian design and originality and all modern comforts. Fine hotel accommodation in the Scottish Highlands offering the standard of hospitality that Scotland has become renowned for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Garth Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garth Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Garth Hotel & Restaurant Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland