Have just returned from a three night break at this hotel which was excellent. The accommodation, quality of food in the restaurant and service are in my opinion hard to beat. The room was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We ordered a packed lunch for one of the days we were there which at £6.50 was excellent value for both quality and value. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Without doubt we will be returning to the Garth and will recommend it to our friends and family.
We are really surprised this hotel only gets 3 stars from the Scottish Tourist Board.
An excellent base to tour the Speyside area and the staff are helpful when it comes to planning days out with recommedations on where to go and what to seewhich only comes with local knowledge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garth Hotel, standing on the north end of the village square, in the heart of Grantown-on-Spey, was built in the 1850's and began its life as an Inn. Over the years the hotel has prospered, becoming the Premier Independent Hotel in Grantown-on-Spey. This Scottish hotel, near Aviemore, has recently been refurbished to encompass the perfect blend of elegant Victorian design and originality and all modern comforts. Fine hotel accommodation in the Scottish Highlands offering the standard of hospitality that Scotland has become renowned for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Garth Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garth Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Garth Hotel & Restaurant Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland