Stayed here a few weeks ago, because we were looking for a hotel in the Cairngorms that took dogs. We were pleasantly surprised with the Garth. It looks a bit down-at-heel from the outside, but the room was clean and well-appointed. The bed was comfy (although we had a super king bed made out of two beds pushed together, and had to remind them to put a topper on it). They put us in a room near the back exit to the car park, which was really helpful for taking the dog out at night. The TV was tiny, and only had 5 channels, and the bathroom was a little dated, but in general, the hotel was warm, comfortable and very accommodating. The bar downstairs was great, and we could sit down there in the evening with the dog and taste all sorts of whiskies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garth Hotel, standing on the north end of the village square, in the heart of Grantown-on-Spey, was built in the 1850's and began its life as an Inn. Over the years the hotel has prospered, becoming the Premier Independent Hotel in Grantown-on-Spey. This Scottish hotel, near Aviemore, has recently been refurbished to encompass the perfect blend of elegant Victorian design and originality and all modern comforts. Fine hotel accommodation in the Scottish Highlands offering the standard of hospitality that Scotland has become renowned for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Garth Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garth Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Garth Hotel & Restaurant Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland