My wife & I have just enjoyed a week in the Highlands staying in Grantown on Spey. We called in the Garth on the off chance of getting an evening meal and although they were busy they managed to get us in. We enjoyed our meal, the service and the piper who entertained us for about an hour walking past the restaurant outside. It quickly became 'our local' and we enjoyed 3 other evenings there. We booked in for the Italian menu evening, however this meal was disappointing hence my rating of 4. Stick with what you're good at, good honest well cooked pub/restaurant grub. Well worth a visit, and try the local Cairngorm ale, excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garth Hotel, standing on the north end of the village square, in the heart of Grantown-on-Spey, was built in the 1850's and began its life as an Inn. Over the years the hotel has prospered, becoming the Premier Independent Hotel in Grantown-on-Spey. This Scottish hotel, near Aviemore, has recently been refurbished to encompass the perfect blend of elegant Victorian design and originality and all modern comforts. Fine hotel accommodation in the Scottish Highlands offering the standard of hospitality that Scotland has become renowned for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Garth Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garth Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Garth Hotel & Restaurant Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland