We stayed for one night at Muckrach last week. Our main feel was that the place was on the brink of being a nice place to stay and could do with some further investment to improve and harmonise the decoration as at the moment it's a bit of a mix of modern secondhand and old scots country house style. The sevice was fine but the waiting staff were not familiar with the local malts etc and couldnt advise which was a shame. Dinner was acceptable but the pre starter soup wasnt reduced correctly and the dinner steak had not been rested and was served with insufficient juice. When I asked for sauce one was provided pretty quickly so no complaint there. Just felt some winning touches were missing. The room was clean but the decor and furniture lacked character and we seemed to be stuck away at the top of the house without period features etc. There may be nicer rooms with more recent refurbs but we couldn't tell. The breakfast was very good and the owner was very helpful in terms of advice on good local walks. I really hope they manage to resolve some of these issues as you can just tell it would be a great little place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muckrach Country House Hotel is under new management & re-opened in May 2015, as a 4 star 11 bedroom Victorian Shooting Lodge. Muckrach Country House Hotel was bought in January 2014 and has been fully renovated over a 15 month period. Muckrach Country House Hotel sits in the heart of the Spey Valley, set in 10 acres surrounded by pastureland and mountains. No activity is far away; whether it be winter sports, field sports, fishing, walking, golf, mountain biking or adrenalin-led fun, they are all accessible within half an hour or less. All bedrooms have a contemporary porcelain-tiled ensuite. 1 Bedroom has an inter-connecting family room option, although z beds are available to add to most rooms. All bedrooms have underfloor heating, free WIFI, entertainment system, tea/coffee making facilities and Hypnos beds. The Coffee Shop / Restaurant and Bar are open to non-residents from breakfast through to supper. Our chefs bring the best of Scottish produce together in their menus. Choose to take Afternoon Tea in the Drawing Room, a wee dram in the Bar or organise a private dining party for up to 16 in The Grant Room. A Highland welcome awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Muckrach Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckrach Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Muckrach Country House Hotel Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland