We stayed for two nights.
Breakfasts were good - one day was cooked to order which was a bonus - plenty to eat and all good quality. The second day was a buffet which was not as good as some was cold.
We did not dine as the prices were higher than elsewhere nearby, we used the riverside restaurant dulnain bridge which was very nice and would recommend, it is less than half a mile walk from the hotel.
We also ate in Aviemore where there is a greater choice.
The bar is very nice and the service was good, overall the staff are very good.
The room we had was small and a lot of furniture in it - but was in keeping with the house.
The bathroom does need some attention - which I think is a repetition from previous reviews - if you are staying a couple of nights this is fine but I think a bit of renovation is required.
I think for what you pay for the rooms it is average, I would stay again if I see that some upkeep has been made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muckrach Country House Hotel is under new management & re-opened in May 2015, as a 4 star 11 bedroom Victorian Shooting Lodge. Muckrach Country House Hotel was bought in January 2014 and has been fully renovated over a 15 month period. Muckrach Country House Hotel sits in the heart of the Spey Valley, set in 10 acres surrounded by pastureland and mountains. No activity is far away; whether it be winter sports, field sports, fishing, walking, golf, mountain biking or adrenalin-led fun, they are all accessible within half an hour or less. All bedrooms have a contemporary porcelain-tiled ensuite. 1 Bedroom has an inter-connecting family room option, although z beds are available to add to most rooms. All bedrooms have underfloor heating, free WIFI, entertainment system, tea/coffee making facilities and Hypnos beds. The Coffee Shop / Restaurant and Bar are open to non-residents from breakfast through to supper. Our chefs bring the best of Scottish produce together in their menus. Choose to take Afternoon Tea in the Drawing Room, a wee dram in the Bar or organise a private dining party for up to 16 in The Grant Room. A Highland welcome awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Muckrach Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckrach Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Muckrach Country House Hotel Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland