All reviews haggis bon bons hunting lodge new owners country house high standard public rooms beautiful hotel scallops lamb attention to detail checking out wonderful weekend the hotel manager drawing room top quality scones first class
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel came very highly recommend to us yet it exceeded our expectations. The staff were all very friendly and professional, nothing was too much trouble for any of them. Our room Cairngorm was delightful, it was very tastefully furnished as was the whole hotel. Dinner was very tasty, I believe that the salmon was caught that morning, all ingredients are locally sourced, it was all perfectly presented. The whole ambiance of this hotel is special! Definitely 5 stars.

Room Tip: Cairngorm is a huge room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janetjenkins84
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely spacious room which was very well appointed with a mixture of traditional and contemporary decor.

The restaurant area was very pleasant and the was food was simple but delicious.

Comfortable library with some games in to play and books to read.

I would recommend.

Only slight mention is the music in the dining area needs to be a bit more appropriate and relaxing rather than pop music. It spoilt the ambiance whilst dining.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed one night and had the Glenmore room which was actually a whole suite with a kitchen, big bedroom with seating area, small patio with a table and chairs outside and large wet room/bathroom. Décor was lovely , easy to park right outside the door and the main hotel only a minute's walk away. Drinks service was slow, the staff were very busy and this continued through our stay. Dinner service was slow and we didn't get the bread we ordered ahead of the meal. The steak was very good and perfectly cooked. Breakfast was another slow event. We both ordered cooked breakfasts and both arrived having been under a heat lamp for ages, everything was dried up. My vegetarian stack was sitting on a piece of bread rather than the muffin described in the menu. The tea and coffee pots were very small but we did get top ups so really no quibble with that. Would recommend the hotel for a Cairngorms/Moray coast break as the location is nice . The manager was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Glenmore or one of the other rooms separate from the main building are lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a lovely meal. We thoroughly enjoyed an evening here with excellent food and a fantastic setting. Very impressed. The waiting staff were friendly and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Muckrach to celebrate my birthday and we had a lovely lovely time. ☺️ beautiful grounds and beautiful rooms! My parents stayed in the hotel whilst my sister and I plus our puppy Cola stayed in one of the gorgeous rooms located just a stones throw away from the hotel. We were so happy they welcomed doggies!!
We had booked for dinner and were not disappointed! We went down a little early and had cocktails in the lounge bar-deeelicious!!! The lady delivered the perfect Bloody Mary! My mum loves a Bloody Mary but so often is let down because people get it wrong but not at the Muckrach! It was spot on! Delighted!
Dinner was so good! I had cauliflower and truffle soup, it was yummy! All four of us had steaks and they were perfectly cooked lovely and soft!! My sister ordered the homemade beans just to try as a side dish and she loved them! The lemon posset was absolutely delicious too! The staff are great, hardworking, friendly and attentive-what more do you want!
Oh and breakfast!! Wow! Honestly hotel breakfasts can so often be bland tasteless and neglected-well not here!
My sister and Mum both had the Croque Madame which they said was divine! Dad had porridge which was perfect and I had the veggie stack.....oh my goodness one of the best breakfasts ever! Veggie haggis, spinach, portobello mushroom, roasted tomato and a perfectly cooked poached egg stacked in a tower with a jug of tasty thick hollandaise sauce on the side! I don’t care if you’re a vegetarian or not order this!!
Plus they have two friendly highland cows and a lovely golden lab called Harry!
Seriously everything at the Muckrach is wonderful we will be back because they looked after us and we just can’t fault it.

Stayed: September 2018
Mark H, General Manager at Muckrach Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear quitaurquhart

Wow that is a first class review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will return and continue to spread the word about your recent stay.

Mark & all at Muckrach