All reviews isla and spencer strathallan house coffee machine large ensuite thistle room four poster bed b bs dressing gowns and slippers homemade shortbread stag room fresh eggs beautiful guest lounge attention to detail highly recommend to anyone visiting friends haggis decorated to a very high standard
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We stayed at the Strathallan B&B for two nights in June. We were looking for accommodation close to the Cairngorms but wanted something quieter than Aviemore.
The Strathallan is a great place to stay. You're in a quiet street off the main street (although Grantown is pretty quiet anyway, nothing compared to Aviemore).
The rooms are pretty comfortable with a distinct modern but cosy touch. We were even greeted with two drams of whisky.
The hosts, Isla and Spencer, are marvellous. Isla obviously does the cooking, provding for a great breakfast, and she also likes to chat to visitors about their travel plans etc. The guys just make you feel welcome and at home.
Going back to the Cairngorms, we would definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank uquill
TiskiTiski, Owner at Strathallan Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and the breakfasts too! Thank you for taking the time to give us this delightful review. We love the fact that Grantown is still a nice quiet town and the perfect location to explore the Cairngorms.

Many thanks!

Isla & Spencer

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this b&b with my boyfriend before heading to Inverness for a music festival. Was greeted by the most friendly and welcoming woman ever (very refreshing after being stuck in a car for 4 hours). She was very helpful and gave us advice on nice places to eat as she showed us around.

We stayed in the rowan room (recommended) which has an amazing en suite bathroom with fresh clean towels, dressing gowns and slippers along with your usual complementaries.

The breakfast which we were given (which she kindly served early to accommodate our early start to the day) was just perfect! A very wide selection to pick from (try her poached eggs they are delicious) and a lovely buffet of fruit, cereal and juice which just topped it all off.

Would DEFINITELY recommend this b&b! I was blown away by how beautiful it was and how friendly the owner was! 10/10!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you! What a lovely review! I'm very glad that my poached eggs were spot on and that you enjoyed the choices for food in the morning. We do love Rowan too, it offers a lot of space. We hope you enjoyed the festival. If you are ever in the area again, do pop on in and say hello.

All the best to you both.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We were a party of 4 adults staying 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The two rooms were really first class. The amount of detail in the rooms from the "themed" furnishings - the fridge - the selection of "goodies" - including home made shortbread -the coffee machine and 2 drams of whisky left out for you at night - there really wasnt anything missing. The decor - the furnishings the attention to detail is something you expect in a small "boutique" hotel, which would cost considerably more than the rate.
The breakfast was outstanding - no need to eat until evening after you have consumed islas breakfast offerings! While Spencer provides a front of house service, calm , pleasant and welcoming. Ideas for places to go are given , usually in the knowledge that they "have been there", which really makes a difference. What a great team and what a lovely place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Strathallan House. Isla and Spencer were wonderful hosts and we wanted for nothing during our stay. You can tell as soon as you walk in the high level of care and attention to detail that goes into everything they do. Our room was so clean and cosy with an incredibly comfortable bed. We're already missing the daily 'Fancy Porridge' and 'Breakfast Special' options. It is without a doubt the best B&B we've stayed in and all future B&B's will be compared with it!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TiskiTiski, Owner at Strathallan Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

I am totally chuffed that you enjoyed your stay in our home and your kind words really do fill me with joy. I just want to make people happy when they stay with us, and I am glad that you enjoyed your time here. I'm especially happy that you enjoyed the fancy porridges too. I love making up new flavour combinations and if you ever return I may have to use you as test subjects for some new ones.

All the best,

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Another visit to this beautiful B & B. I would highly recommend the breakfast, with such attention to detail. Our room was beautiful and spotlessly clean.
I would highly recommend the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre, seeing and feeding them was magical. Thanks again for having us.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

I'm just so very happy we didn't scare you away. Hahaha! Thank you so very much for your kind words and I am so pleased you enjoyed the reindeer too. You were both an absolute pleasure to have here again.

Come back soon!