“Fantastic...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grantown-on-Spey
Brooklynn Guest House
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Food was delicious and timely. The selection was great. Stay was wonderful. The place is beautiful and well kept. So many little things to marvel at. Owners are friendly, helpful and just plain delightful. One little note about Grantown in general is that the internet is a little slow. While I realize that this does not matter to most, I have the misfortune of being perpetually tethered to my work.

• Stayed: May 2013
Grantown, Owner at Brooklynn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I think you hit Grantown when the town had a little problem with internet access. It is fine now, however. Lucky you for having such good access and unlucky you to have to work on holiday! Do come back and relax in the beautiful Highlands of Scotland another time - you need a break! All the best, Alan and Silvia

There are newer reviews for Brooklynn Guest House

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Excellent hospitality and service. You'll feel immediately home.

In addition, terrific breakfast and the possibility to have a splendid dinner.

I've been here now 4 times and I miss Brooklynn the moment I leave. It's a second home...

Until next time (which will unfortunately take a while)

Giel G

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Grantown, Owner at Brooklynn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Giel, Thank you so much. It is always good to welcome 'old' guests back to Brooklynn. We do try to make our home your home for the holidays. Don't forget to book in advance as last time there was no room at the inn! Hope to see you again soon in the beautiful Highlands of Scotland. All the best, Alan and Silvia

Reviewed 15 May 2013

If you ought to sleep 1 night in Scotland, please make it this one...
(but leave a room for me, 'cause i'm coming back)
'No sleep 'till Brooklyn' was conceived more than 20y ago, but this one is a stayer
I like to indulge myself more than once in this great, uber-british service ; it's like having your personal butler service on hand, but better

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Grantown, Owner at Brooklynn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Joris, We don't know that song, you will have to sing it for us next time! Don't forget the Whisky Festival is on next year as well and we would love to have you staying with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely recommendation. All the best from the beautiful Highlands to you and your family, Alan and Silvia

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Maybe ten times or even more by now, that I visited Brooklynn. Once found when I was simply driving around, looking for a b&b, I felt more than welcome ! So, every time I "do" Scotland, either on my motorcycle, or in my car, I carefully plan my trip via Brooklynn in Grantown. The people make me feel at home and time and again they are wonderful advisors in case you need a good idea to spend the day.
And don't forget: it's not a public restaurant, but they prepare a dinner for their guests that would be worth a Michelin recommendation.
Alan and Sylvia, I hope there will be many more times to visit Scotland, so nicely represented in the atmosphere of your b&b

Room Tip: single rooms available for lonesome bikers
1  Thank Cor G

Well, what can we say Cor, but a big thank you. I remember the first time we met over 10 years ago. I was weeding the front garden and you turned up on your motorbike looking for a room. Since then we have had the pleasure of your company, as well as your wife and son over the years. That's what makes running a B & B such fun! See you next year we hope. With our very best wishes, Alan and Silvia

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Visiting a distillery, walking, good food, these were our goals visiting Scotland.
And we did find it at Brooklynn's: A warm welkom, advise on walking trips, a fine diner in the evening, a good pub in the center of Grantown, to many distilleries in the neighborhood to visit them all, meeting others in the B&B.
Brooklynn was really a good place to stay on my 'teambuilding tour' through Scotland, togeher with my son.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you. We enjoyed your visit too - especially the after dinner conversations with a glass of whisky. It is always fun to meet other guests and talk over the day's adventures and plan another wonderful experience in the beautiful Highlands of Scotland. Hope to see you next year.
With best wishes to you from Alan and Silvia

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We have been to Brooklynn the second time. After spending three days with Alan and Silvia three years ago, we won't miss this experience during our second holiday in Scotland and we spent at least one night in Grantown-on-Spey. Brooklynn Guesthouse is a wonderful place with great hospitality from Alan and Silvia and we can truely recommend this B&B. We will surely come back to the HIghlands and will stay again in this wonderful guesthouse. Thanks to Alan and Silvia.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much. It is always a pleasure to welcome back 'old' guests to Brooklynn. Hope to see you again in the future. All the best, Alan and Silvia

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Never throwing anything away sometimes leads to the most wonderful experience............ On deciding to holiday in and around Grantown on Spey my mother remembered a postcard, received from a friend in the past. It was sent from 'Brooklynn' and simply stated 'If you are looking for a good B&B in Grantown try this!' One phone call later, our five days were booked. From the moment we arrived and Alan greeted us we felt at home. We were welcomed as friends and this was the feeling throughout our stay. The accomodation was beautiful with so many lovely things to look at and talk about. The knowledge Sylvia and Alan have of the area is outstanding and following their advice took us to some wonderful places. The food was truly excellent and on our final evening, following an awe inspiring journey through the snow-capped mountains, we we treated to a magnificent lamb tagine. The fellowship, friendly conversation and attention to detail were second to none. We had a wonderful holiday and hope to be back. Many many thanks to you both.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Grantown, Owner at Brooklynn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us and thanks to your friend who posted the Brooklynn post card to you so many years ago! We are so glad that you kept it too. Brooklynn is a pretty house especially in the snow - the photo Alan took in 2000. You might be interested to know that at the moment the large garden at the back of the house is undergoing a massive overhaul and next time you visit, we hope that all the plants that we are about to buy will be well bedded down and absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you once again and kind regards to you and your mother. Alan and Silvia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantown-on-Spey
Grant Arms Hotel
#2 of 9 in Grantown-on-Spey
The Boat Hotel
The Boat Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boat of Garten

Been to Brooklynn Guest House? Share your experiences!