“Good Afternoon, But.......”

Ancaster Karting, Quads & Paintball
Ranked #2 of 9 Fun & Games in Grantham
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular venue for go-karting, quad biking, paintball and 10 pin bowling
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The 10 of us recently visited on a Saturday morning for our end of year get together,
Booking was easy, and we did add 1 more person to the booking on the day, and this was no problem,
Suits, Helmets and Gloves were all reasonably new, and there were plenty of sizes for big and small members of the group,
We did a 10 Lap Qualifier with a 40 Lap Race,
Excellent Safety Briefing, as you can imagine when you have people just wanting to get in and race it must be quiet difficult to get people's attention, but this was done professionally and with some humour to! "No the tires will not warm up quicker if you weave the kart on your warm up lap!!!"
Racing was good, I have been before, the track is good, I have been to better, but also been to many worse! I think for the Money it is an excellent standard of track.
Karts were OK, Not easy to get in the seat if you are a bigger person, Would it be possible to have wider seats?! I have been to other tracks with Karts that have them, so maybe an idea for improvement,
There was a cafe, but we didn't use it,
All in All a good day, We got trophies for top 3 finishes and fastest lap
Would we visit again? Yes

1  Thank CharlieC1234

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I attended this track several times, and found my experience to be reasonably enjoyable, but tainted by a few problems.

Firstly, as others have mentioned the karts are quite poorly matched - I understand there will be subtle differences between them, but when the difference is up around 0.5 seconds per lap, it makes a fair race impossible.

I also found the general attitude of some staff members to be poor and unhelpful at times. I have experience of other kart tracks, and Ancaster is (to be fair) cheaper than most others, you get what you pay for I guess.

Prepare for plenty of "no curbing" and "no bumping" boards, the staff are very (over)protective of their karts.

Overall, a decent track for first timers who just want to "have a go", but otherwise, a more professional karting experience can be found elsewhere.

2  Thank thirdbluesbroth... .
Reviewed 11 May 2014

W participated in package of Karting, Lunch & 10-Pin Bowling. The greeting on arrival felt more like "processing" than welcoming and I don't mean the Computerised Registration (which is actually very straight forward and professional), I mean the general lack of enthusiasm amongst the staff. Not withstanding that, the Safety Briefing was professional too, the clothing, gloves and Helmets, etc were all in good condition and the main event of Karting was about as much fun as you can have without being under a quilt! Individuals really are able to go at their own pace, ranging from ultra-competitive to "Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre". The lunch however was really poor quality, if we could have eaten our own food on site or dialled out for decent Pizza we would have. The Bowling was also great fun and probably better value for money than the Karting. Didn't do either the Quad Bikes or Paintball. Tip: it's outdoor, book GOOD WEATHER!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was our second visit with our teenagers to experience karting. It is an expensive activity and not one we could do on a regular basis but it made for a perfect birthday treat. There was a café there but it wasn't staffed on each occasion we visited. Given not all our party were karting, it was a missed opportunity on the part of the business as we would have liked to have a coffee whilst we watched those who were karting.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

08/03/2014 Went to Ancaster Karting with 10 other friends, We did a Grand Prix, which meant we did 12 lap practice and then a 40 lap race, cost £55 but we upgraded and got 50 laps for only £4 more
The karts were great and the racing was amazing
The staff were very helpful and all in all we all had a fantastic night
I will be going back as soon as we can sort another night
Anyone thinking of going karting should definitely try Ancaster its amazing

1  Thank steve M