“Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant”

Ancaster Karting, Quads & Paintball
Ranked #2 of 9 Fun & Games in Grantham
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular venue for go-karting, quad biking, paintball and 10 pin bowling
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is an extremely well run establishment. The staff were friendly and helpful. The carts appeared to be in good condition (clean as well) and the whole outfit was professionally run and well organised - the facilities were well presented and offered a comfortable retreat if you did not want to stand by the track.

My sons had a fantastic time and we will be returning.

1  Thank Macey02

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Fabulous place and experience, 100% must try.
Great for first timers and kids, had a brilliant time. Staff lovely and helpful. Reasonably prized and definitely worth it.

2  Thank smellyellie28
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and son paid for 45 minuets of karting got their and was told that we were being put back 40 minuets due to the circuit being busy fare enough, however we were in fact waiting for more like and hour and a half, we were finally told by a member of staff that we were going to be briefed shortly so we got changed, was disappointed with this as the overalls were all quite smelly and damaged i.e. ripped also their were no overalls for for my 13 year old son, they were all apparently being used by other customers their were barley any kids around at this point, he was given a set of camouflage overalls that were too small and muddy, apparently they were from laser tag. The briefing was ok given to us by a middle aged guy who appeared to be in charge, quite cocky and arrogant. we then had to watch a dvd basically going over everything again that was said in the briefing. Bit pointless really, we then went out on to the track for our 1st of 3 15 minute sessions and in fairness the track and karts were good very. We finished the first 15 minute session were told to go and take a break and have a drink, after 10 minuets we were told to get back into the karts as we were going to be going out again, we all got ready and were seated when we were all told to get back out again. A marshal told us that they had other people that needed to go on, we were told to go and speak to Shaun the man apparently in charge he also confirmed that we could not go out due to other people needing to, we expected a refund for the time that we paid for but no. We were told its "Tuff Luck" and that we should get dressed and leave.

Not Happy.

6  Thank Simon R
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The 10 of us recently visited on a Saturday morning for our end of year get together,
Booking was easy, and we did add 1 more person to the booking on the day, and this was no problem,
Suits, Helmets and Gloves were all reasonably new, and there were plenty of sizes for big and small members of the group,
We did a 10 Lap Qualifier with a 40 Lap Race,
Excellent Safety Briefing, as you can imagine when you have people just wanting to get in and race it must be quiet difficult to get people's attention, but this was done professionally and with some humour to! "No the tires will not warm up quicker if you weave the kart on your warm up lap!!!"
Racing was good, I have been before, the track is good, I have been to better, but also been to many worse! I think for the Money it is an excellent standard of track.
Karts were OK, Not easy to get in the seat if you are a bigger person, Would it be possible to have wider seats?! I have been to other tracks with Karts that have them, so maybe an idea for improvement,
There was a cafe, but we didn't use it,
All in All a good day, We got trophies for top 3 finishes and fastest lap
Would we visit again? Yes

1  Thank CharlieC1234
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I attended this track several times, and found my experience to be reasonably enjoyable, but tainted by a few problems.

Firstly, as others have mentioned the karts are quite poorly matched - I understand there will be subtle differences between them, but when the difference is up around 0.5 seconds per lap, it makes a fair race impossible.

I also found the general attitude of some staff members to be poor and unhelpful at times. I have experience of other kart tracks, and Ancaster is (to be fair) cheaper than most others, you get what you pay for I guess.

Prepare for plenty of "no curbing" and "no bumping" boards, the staff are very (over)protective of their karts.

Overall, a decent track for first timers who just want to "have a go", but otherwise, a more professional karting experience can be found elsewhere.

2  Thank thirdbluesbroth... .