“Great location”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Myself and my partner stayed one night at this hotel.

The staff were extremely helpful. We were offered an early check at no extra charge due to the fact we opted for a room upstairs.

The only let down was the size of pool. I like to swim lengths in the morning, but was unable to do so as the pool was so small.

The breakfast was great. Plenty of choice.
The room was well equipped with all amenities and the bed was a very good size.

Myself and my partner went to the local takeaway and brought the food back to the hotel. The bar staff were happy to offer us plates, cutlery, napkins and glasses and even a cork screw.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sales M, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

We have a great team here and I am glad that they looked after you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Urban Hotel very soon.

Thomas Brierley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the urban hotel for 1 night on 31st may on arriving at the hotel reception and lobby area looked very nice and quite impressive ashamed the room let it down very out dated furniture bathroom needs a lot of work fixtures and fittings needs updating e.g every time you need it to flush the toilet the Handle would touch the toilet seat and made it make the seat fall shower curtain needs changing as it was discoloured (not white) not much choice for veg and ashamed that no cakes are available during the day apart from tea special the bar attendant don't know his name young chap was really helpful and offered us complementary drinks due to slow service having to wait over 20 mins for some pastries.the tables in the bar area were sticky. tables were still full of empty glasses and plates from tea seen as though they weren't very busy at the bar we felt it should have been quicker for all of the tables to be cleaned quicker. breakfast was ok no complaints. Must admit we were impressed with the wifi coverage in all the public areas.well done for that!! wouldn't stay here again at full price may reconsider once those points have been resolved!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tarun S
Many Thanks for your review.

I am sorry that we didn't fulfil the level of service we thrive to offer to you. We are going through a very exciting re brand at the moment and big changes with in the hotel.

I would like you to thank you for your comments and if you could email me on gm@urbanhotelgrantham.co.uk with your room number, I can get these points rectified immediately.

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Firstly, let me put this into perspective. I had never been to Lincolnshire before so I was looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel well located to enable us to explore the area.
This hotel was inexpensive and well located so I booked a two night stay in a family room for me and my two children
On arrival we were welcomed by Natalie, who is very helpful, professional and courteous.
Check in was simple and quick which is what you need after a near 200 mile journey.
The room was surprisingly spacious and very clean.
The hotel facilities were more than acceptable.
Would I book this hotel again ? Yes, most definitely if I was visiting the area.
Thanks to Natalie and her colleagues for making our stay more enjoyable than we were expecting !!
Thanks

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sales M, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Ian

Thanks for your tripadvisor, I'm delighted you had a great stay with us and that Natalie looked after you so well. She does excel in her customer service and going the extra mile.

I hope to welcome you to the Urban Hotel again soon, especially as there is so much to see and do around here.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights - the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We ate in the hotel on the first night, the meal was very tasty and the wine not too expensive. Breakfast on both mornings was very nice, all you could eat and drink with plenty of choice! The staff were very attentive and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. On the second evening we were having trouble running a hot bath - we called down to reception and within 5 minutes there was someone at the door to look at it and the problem was sorted immediately. Would not hesitate to stay here again!

Lisa & John

Lisa

Thank you for a lovely trip advisor, I am delighted we looked after you and that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thomas
UK
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed on a Sunday Night with some friends. Rooms very good with a extra large bed which was very comfortable. Good supply of coffee and tea and when we asked for another couple of milks they gave us a bag which made sure we did not run out. The only disappointment was the swimming pool. There are ladders to get in and as they do not go all the way to the bottom of the pool you would have to jump the last few feet. If you were disable as l am l could not get into or out of this pool. There are roman steps in the children pool but you cannot get into the main pool from the children's one. We had a excellent buffet breakfast, and the staff continued to fill up on regular basis.Other than the pool we fould this a very good hotel for a short break

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sales M, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a nice review.

Our staff are very passionate about what they do and they love to go the extra mile.

I have noted your comments regarding the pools and I will review the situation for the future.

I do hope to see you again soon.

Chelmsford
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times, when it was under the Ramada chain. The hotel is a good value hotel, conveniently located just off the A1. All room rates now include breakfast, which has a good choice and excellent quality food. The food overall, is of a high standard, and reasonably priced.
The rooms are basic, with everything you need for an overnight stay. The beds are so comfortable....I had the best night's sleep I've had in a long time.
Although there is a pool, we have never used it as it closes quite early.

Jeanette

Im glad you had a nice stay, many thanks for taking the time to leave a nice reply on trip advisor.
We are going through an exciting time at the moment and its all full of change, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and we can get you full access to the pool and spa.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel last Sunday night and had requested a quiet room at the end of a corridor if possible - and that's exactly what we got! Not a peep did we hear all night in our lovely comfortable BIG bed! Although we couldn't get the advertised wi-fi in our room, the receptionist gave us permission to use the conference room should we need to Skype in private and couldn't have been more helpful. We shall be back.... :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sales M, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Many thanks for your feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our excellent team looked after you.

We have recently had new Wi-Fi installed through out the hotel, and we have as with everything had a few snagging issues but I am confident that they are all solved now.

Delighted to see your coming back, I look forward to meeting you.

Thomas Brierley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantham
Belton Woods Hotel
Stoke Rochford Hall
Stoke Rochford Hall
#1 of 1 in Stoke Rochford
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,210 reviews

Been to Urban Hotel Grantham? Share your experiences!