“A good hotel!”

Urban Hotel Grantham
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Grantham
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was good and having booked by using a Groupon voucher the cost was fantastic. Service, room, breakfast were all great so we can whole heartedly recommend it, sadly the same cannot be said for Grantham. Sorry to say that it is not the place to visit, so use the hotel as a base for attractions other than Grantham town.

Room Tip: Room 211 was good but the wifi did not work in that room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Sam

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast, after all it is the most important meal of the day.
I hope to welcome you back to the urban hotel again in the very near future.

Thomas Brierley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had two great nights here with dinner on the first night and afternoon tea. Room was very good size, quiet, clean and a very comfortable huge bed. This is not a luxury hotel but a very nice well maintained one.

It was great to have the leisure facility which I took full advantage of, although could do with a bit of tlc.

Staff were excellent, lovely young guy waiting on our table. Nothing was to much trouble and Samantha on check was very helpful and informative. Great stay, would certainly return for another deal, which is more than can be said for the next stop on our travels.

Thank you Urban a Hotel Grantham.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Urban Hotel,

I am delighted that you had a lovely stay with us, Samantha and the team are all excellent at what they do, and I am glad they looked after you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Urban Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Reviewing a "property" and an overall experience are two different things, so , Firstly the hotel is an average build with furnishings that in places are a little bit dated , the bathrooms are in need of a makeover ( I say bathrooms because we asked to change our room because of the first one ). We enjoyed a swim in the pool although this was nearly marred by an injury as my friend's foot slipped into the hole that should be covered by an 8" drainage cover , the cover moved as she stood on it and looks like there is tape of some sort to help it stay in place and a man in the pool at the same time stated it had been like that for months ! ( We did report it and was told it was in hand ) Secondly , the food ( we were on a limited choice as a Groupon offer ) was over- cooked and although staff offered replacement it was declined . As a Coeliac I was looked after both at dinner / breakfast and the Afternoon tea ! Last but not least the staff that work at this hotel were very pleasant ,approachable , efficient and rectified problems as promptly as they could , making our stay a pleasant one and one that we would repeat - Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Sandra

Many thanks for your trip advisor, I have noted your feedback regarding your stay, and discussed with the team, as soon as I was aware of the drain coming loose and your near incident I personally went in to the pool and re attached the drain. I am glad that you enjoyed the service and we have a good team of chefs who are able to cater for all dietary requirement's.

I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked a 2 night package via Groupon and it turned out to be fantastic value. Our room was spaciousand quiet with good quality furniture and fittings. We had afternoon tea, breakfast and a 3 course dinner at the hotel and they were all excellent. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We could not fault the hotel and would certainly recommend it.

1  Thank Nicola P
Thomas B, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Nicola

I am delighted to read your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you and I know that the team are really passionate and care about what they do and its rewarding for them to see that there hard work is appreciated.

I hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed for 1 night and we had a good experience. On booking we didnt expext too much but on arrival the greeting was excellent and the room good althogh the bed wasnt the comfiest we have slept in. We had an evening meal which was reasonably priced and good quality followed by half price cocktails after 9.30 pm ( 2 for £6). We used the Spa which was compact but had everything you needed and was a lovely temperature. The changing areas needed updating and would have benefited more from a regular clean as the floor was always wet through and dirty where people had walked on. We used the spa on arrival and after we had checked out.Breakfast and the service was excellent.
Overall a very enjoyable stay with excellent service from all, met some other lovely guests in the bar. Will definetly stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay.

We do have a great team in place at the Urban Hotel, and our recent rebranding is seeing a very exciting change, and I have noted your comments regarding the leisure club and I am working very closely with the leisure club manager to rectify these points.

I hope to welcome you back to the Urban Hotel in the very near future.

Tom

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I are just back from Urban Hotel in Grantham, we are very impressed with the hotel rooms and facilities, staff are excellent and food was really good. The event Manager and staff were both professional and welcoming. Many thanks we will be back!!

David

Many thanks for your kind feedback regarding your stay. Our staff are very passionate about what they do and Its rewarding for them to know that there guests are enjoying them.

I hope to welcome you back to the Urban hotel very soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

It was lovely and hope to return to stay for longer. Room was comfy and clean with lots of hot water for a shower. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was the best I've tasted while being away. Loved the everalsting tea pot and coffee pot on the side from which to replenish. Individual ones though personal are not always as good on the second cup.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we do recognise that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we are glad you enjoyed it.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Urban Hotel in the very near future.

Tom

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantham
Eden House Hotel
Best Western Angel & Royal Hotel
Stoke Rochford Hall
Stoke Rochford Hall
#1 of 1 in Stoke Rochford

Been to Urban Hotel Grantham? Share your experiences!