“A Lovely Break with friends”

Urban Hotel Grantham
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Grantham
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have just spent a 2 night break with friends on a Groupon Deal what excellent value for the money We really enjoyed our stay ,we found the reception staff very helpful, and the food very good too Our bedrooms were clean and very comfortable, flat screen television,2 comfortable chairs and table, tea and coffee making facilities and a very comfortable bed Extra king size too We will certainly be back when in the area again Thank you for a great short break

1  Thank wkb14waller
Thomas B, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review.

I am delighted that the team looked after you and you got to have a nice relaxation.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Thomas Brierley

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a Groupon overnight stay B&B only.Sat nav found it OK but a good 10 mins from town centre. Bed and room excellent but bathroom in need of refurb. The receptionist was not smartly dressed and had no nametag which I queried and was told it was not Company policy. When we sought advice about surrounding villages it took a while until one gentleman did recommend Newton which turned out to have a delightful pub The Red Lion. At breakfast the staff were non attentive and twice we had to ask for dirty plates to be cleared. We had a problem at the bar where I was told:- "Sorry no ginger beer have a ginger ale"!! I asked for a coke and was given a Pepsi, Similar problem with wife's wish for a Sauvignon Blanc. Manager gave a refund but all badly handled.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dumbov

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

All feedback is greatly received in assisting us in moving the hotel forward. I have already discussed with Food & Beverage Manager regarding this and training is being organised for the whole team on product knowledge.

At the urban hotel we ensure that we make your stay all about you.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I visited here as a couple and it was a in a good and easy to find location the bed was comfy and the staff were nice and we will be staying here again, yes it could do with the gardening and the cleaning doing a bit but it is not dirty just needs checking when done but without this the food was good the room good the staff good and the bar pleasant what more can you ask for.

Room Tip: all the rooms were good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

As your aware we are currently going through a exciting rebrand here and the Gardens are being worked on as we speak.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Urban Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Like some other reviewers we were on a one-night Groupon break. The staff were friendly and helpful from the outset, and the room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Large flat screen television with all Freeview channels, two comfortable chairs and table, tea/coffee making facilities, and king size bed. We didn't have an evening meal there because we wanted to go into Grantham. Breakfast let it down slightly. It's buffet style and the hot food had been around under the lights too long when we got there at 9.00 am. There was a good choice of hot and cold food though. We'd certainly visit again if on an other offer. N. B travellers going into Grantham: it's a 30 minute walk. No reliable public transport. Takes 10 mins by car.

Room Tip: We had room 118. Very convenient for reception, on the ground floor.
2  Thank David95

David

Many thanks for your feedback. Having received your note yesterday I have already discussed your feedback with the team. I am delighted that the team were friendly and ensured that you had an enjoyable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Urban Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Great place we discovered via a 2 night group on deal. Very good service, clean room, excellent food and staff were welcoming and always courteous. Would recommend to others definitely.

The pool and its leisure facilities were good too. Need to be aware it is smaller sized so it can be quite busy at times.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our business.

I am delighted that the team looked after you and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We booked a one night break through Groupon and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Staff friendly and helpful, room spacious, well furnished and clean, bed huge and very comfortable. Food good and tasty. Lovely to have leisure facilities included and also afternoon tea. Would definitely return with another offer such as the Groupon it makes it very good value.

1  Thank scotthoh

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and that the team looked after you so well.

If you would like to be added to our mailing list please send me an email on gm@urbanhotelgrantham.co.uk and I can add you for all our exciting future offers.

Please keep an eye out for our social media update on twitter @urbangrantham and Facebook Urban Hotel Grantham .

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Urban Hotel during the first weekend of June. We enjoyed our stay a lot.

The room was lovely, big and clean.

The pool was great and so was the jacuzzi! It was so nice that the pool facilities were open until 9pm and 8pm aswell!!

The restaurant was fantastic. I do not think it was overpriced either when you consider the prices of another local restaurant that has a very poor quality of food. The portions were big and it all tasted yum.

The breakfast was very good also and there was a wide selection to suit everybody.

However, during the early hours of Sunday morning an alarm went off. This alarm was very loud and we were concerned about whether we had to evacuate. I rang reception and was told everything was "under control" but could not get back to sleep for several hours and had to be up early.

My only "issue" is that when we checked out nobody said sorry about what happened and neither did the person on the phone who I spoke to after the alarm went off.

However, even though there was the alarm incident we would definitely still go back as everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us from June.

Firstly I would like to apologise regarding the fire alarm & the disturbance of your nights sleep. I am surprised in the team not apologising Customer Service is their strongest point.

Apart from that I am delighted that the team looked after you and that you enjoyed your stay.

Thomas Brierley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantham
Belton Woods Hotel
#6 of 7 in Grantham
Travelodge Grantham A1
Travelodge Grantham A1
#4 of 7 in Grantham

Been to Urban Hotel Grantham? Share your experiences!