“Short 2 day break”

Urban Hotel Grantham
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Grantham
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We booked this using a Groupon voucher deal and would happily stay again. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was large and very clean and the small gym and swimming pool were adequate. Breakfasts and afternoon tea were lovely. The first evening meal was included in the offer price, but the main menu was very limited - only one meat, fish or vegetarian choice. I have to avoid spicy food so I could not have the vegetarian option because it was curry. However the pan fried cod was cooked to perfection. We chose to dine here the second evening and were given a different menu with a nice variety of choices and our meals were very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the service road. Most of the night was quiet but one lorry went past befo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Many thanks for leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff looked after you so well.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your menu limitations for your first nights stay with us. This is something we are addressing with our new menu we are currently working on and will be launched very soon.

I hope to welcome you back to the Urban Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here 2 nights with Groupon can't complain excellent value for money! we really enjoyed our stay staff helpful and friendly spacious rooms huge queen sized beds breakfast very good as we're meals served in restaurant. Hotel was better that we expected there was a wedding on when we stayed but it never affected our stay or the service in the bar and restaurant would not hesitate to stay here again.

1  Thank KingsLynnRobo

Many thank for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Urban Hotel.

I am delighted that the team looked after you and that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we love to exceed all expectations for our guest.

I hope to welcome you back to the Urban Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel was very good. This was a cheap two night voucher deal including breakfast and one two course meal. Staff were friendly and very helpful from the start and nothing was too much trouble. They all seemed to enjoy their jobs and helping the clients I had no complaints on anything and yet they looked for ways to do more. Two course meal was limited to a choice of and two courses from 3 starters, mains and desserts. The food service and quality of food was however excellent. Breakfast is a buffet style, but was very good with fresh food coming out constantly, no cheap quality sausages and the staff offered to bring food to the table if items were not ready. The atmosphere of the restaurant was calm and relaxed at evening and breakfast.
Good size rooms very large bed, which was comfortable. Didn't sleep well but this was probably just me. Rooms were clean, tidy and well decorated, Bathroom was a bit tired, but still in good state. As seems to always be the case in UK hotels though, there was no air conditioning.
Small pool, sauna and steam room area, but it had all that was required including a Jacuzzi and provision of loungers and chairs.

All in all this was excellent value for money, with excellent staff and food very good facilities. Well worth a stay..

1  Thank Derek C

Dereck

Thanks for leaving your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am glad you had chance to relax and enjoy your recent stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Service quality was good, in particular by a few specific individuals. Food was good - in particular the afternoon/cream tea was excellent. Room okay, and although bed was very large, it was not that comfortable. Bathroom in need of a makeover. Gym and sauna spa area average. Overall, good value for money for our particular package.

Room Tip: Wedding venue - so you may experience large parties of revellers. Ask to be located as far as possib...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Adam

Many thanks for your recent review regarding your stay with us at the Urban Hotel.

I have to say I agree our staff are excellent and are always looking to go the extra mile for there guests and It's nice for them to see that there work is paying off. Biggest thing in our industry to get correct is service.

I saw your tip - Ensure your far away from the wedding and I know our team do try to ensure that all guests are kept away from the wedding that are not with the wedding.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Second visit but first time since they changed name to Urban Hotel, wonderful service from all the staff, nothing was too much trouble.We would like to mention Kerry who we met last time and Chris who was so helpful at breakfast and John on Reception for being so kind and helpful.Everything at the hotel was lovely like the Room etc.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Stephen

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and that our team looked after you. I am delighted that Kerry, Chris and John all looked after you. Along with their team mates they are passionate and care about what they do.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Urban Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Do you ever have that sense of deja vu? I had it this week when eating breakfast and wondering why the dining room in my hotel looked so familiar… It was only when in a taxi, speeding off to my meeting, when I was told that The Urban Hotel in Grantham used to be The Marriott (as well as having an incarnation as a Ramada), that all became clear. I had stayed in the same place some 10 years before!

I booked through an agency. The room rate was supposed to be £70. Upon arrival, I was told the rate was £89. The receptionist was pleasant and said she would put a note on the computer when I showed her my printed confirmation (luckily, I had brought it with me). The next morning, when I was checking out, the new receptionist again tried to charge me £89 - so much for the note on the computer!

The room was very large but all a bit dated. I don't think it had been revamped since Marriott were in charge. Moreover, there was a definite decline in the quality. The toiletries were not so good, for example. Unfortunately, I think they may also still be using mattresses of 10 years before, too. Mine was curiously arranged with a second, thin foam mattress, on top of the sprung one. My duvet cover had a hole in it. Alas, I did not have the best night's sleep as the combination of the two mattresses made the bed far too soft, and it also sagged in the middle. The bed was huge, triple sized. The room was also spotlessly clean, with a good size telly, a well-lit desk to work at, and an iron and ironing board at hand. There were also tea and coffee making facilities.

Breakfast was OK. It had the usual and was a buffet. The ingredients were not necessarily the best quality. My sausages, for example, did not taste like the Lincolnshire porkers that I have grown to know and love. Alas, the eggs had also been sitting on the hotplate for slightly too long… I remember smoked salmon bagels in Marriott days.

I am not sure how many hotels there are in Grantham. This is OK for work, but it is certainly not destination accommodation. For one thing, it is not bang in the centre of the town and the surrounding industrial estate looks rather for boding. It was very near the A2, though. It also has the advantage of a pool and gym.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep with your window open at night, don't chose a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to review our business.

Deja Vu is definitely a feeling that can really get the memories flowing. Things are a lot different to the Marriot days and we understand that standards did slip for a while under the Ramada Umbrella. This brings us to the new era of the Urban Hotel, we a under new management and I can already see the improvements and they are getting better. I am sorry that breakfast was not up to our normal standards, I am a big believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I will discuss your feedback with our F&B team.

I would appreciate speaking to you further regarding your booking, please contact me on 01476 573000 or gm@urbanhotelgrantham.co.uk

Thomas

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is situated just outside Grantham. It is fairly quiet and comfortable but the rooms could do with a little attention. Our window fasteners were very loose and the grouting around the bath/shower could do with a clean up. Breakfast was adequate, but would benefit from waiter service for tea and coffee. Vacumn flasks are not ideal for coffee or hot water.
The pool and gym were comfortable and clean although it was not always possible to find the attendant.
Staff were friendly and helpful and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to reception. Our room was 192 steps away.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your recent feedback.

I have taken on board your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and we are currently working on the breakfast issue regarding the tea & coffee with our F&B management team in moving it to the next level.

If you could email me on gm@urbanhotelgrantham.co.uk with your room number please I would like to get our maintenance team onto that room right away so that this issue is not happening again. As your aware we have gone through a big rebrand and we do have plans to review our bathrooms on a whole.

Tom

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantham
Belton Woods Hotel
Stoke Rochford Hall
#1 of 1 in Stoke Rochford
Best Western Angel & Royal Hotel
Premier Inn Grantham Hotel

Been to Urban Hotel Grantham? Share your experiences!