“Four star value!”

Urban Hotel Grantham
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Grantham
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Large comfortable room, reasonably priced drinks at the bar, excellent evening meal, large comfortable bar area with plenty of seating. Excellent value for the price that we paid, £99 for 2 nights B&B for the two of us) which included full afternoon tea (with sandwiches, cakes, scones). Staff friendly and efficient, "if no-one's there, knock on the bar and someone will attend to you!". Breakfast very good with a large choice. Would definitely return if we could get a similar deal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that we looked after you so well and that you enjoyed your break with us. It is a great deal. We are always doing great offers on our Facebook site as well, well worth a follow.

If you email me on gm@urbanhotelgrantham.co.uk I will get you added to our mailing list as well.

Thomas Brierley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed 1 night with our grandchildren, booked a family room , when we arrived in the room only set up for 2 people, with 2 double beds which the children, boy and girl, of 5 and 8 had to share, we went down to the reception to inform that we needed a further 2 more cups, towels and milk for nighttime drinks, it took 1 and a half hours for them to bring to our room even then forgetting the milk for the children's drinks, but after 3 times asking and going down twice we gave up, beds comfy bathroom dated with cracked blackened tiles...not nice. Breakfast was a shambles not enough off anything, not even a clean laid table when we went in, waitress took the room number and said it was a self service breakfast, no where clean to sit, had to wait for cups, tea and coffee, which came in thermos flasks and left on 1 big table, shame,felt sorry for the 2 members of staff as they were run ragged, trying to clean and lay tables between them for the next guests, everyone was constantly asking for things, there had been a wedding prev night management should have realised how busy it was and had extra staff working. First time visit, not good

Room Tip: Make sure your room is near reception, 2 floors with no lift, seem to have hotel events at the far s...
2  Thank jill b

Thanks for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Urban Hotel.

I am sorry to hear about your recent stay was not upto our usual standards.

I have spoken to our Housekeeping team and front of house team regarding ensuring we have enough cups in the bedroom and also ensuring that we deal with all guest queries quickly and efficiently. We do use all our feedback constructively to ensure we continue to move the hotel forward.

Regarding the shambles of a restaurant service, I am currently discussing with my food & beverage team to find out what happened if you can email me on gm@urbanhotelgrantham.co.uk with the date of your stay please so we can speak to the team on duty. I would also like to discuss this further with you as well.

Thomas Brierley

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My sister booked this venue for her wedding reception on 9th August 2014 and I have to say it was a comedy of errors all day.

The food was average at best(main courses were had a bitter gravy and my dessert a cheescake ran off the spoon it was that sloppy)and the service apart from a couple of staff members was terrible.

The bride got dog mess on her dress from the grounds where the pictures are arranged (this shoudve been checked)

This is such a shame as it used to be quality venue when it was a Marriott!!

Please think twice before booking a function here

7  Thank Hockeyfoster
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great hotel with extremely attentive staff. Excellent all you could eat buffet breakfast. Only slight minus is that bedroom decorations were dated but in good order and very clean and tidy. The hotel has its own Pool and Gym which was a bonus.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angelaLowestoft

Angela

Many thanks for your feedback, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and regarding your comment on our bedrooms, it is something that we are looking at addressing towards the end of this year and beginning 2015.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I bought 2 night stay from Groupon.
2nights plus breakfast, evening meal and afternoon tea. £100 (ish)
We paid extra for our 2 children and for afternoon tea sandwiches.
The hotel itself was clean yet basic.
The pool was enjoyed by my girls the most.
The buffet breakfast was to be desired, they ran out quickly and we had a wait for fresh food to be brought out. The Eggs were undercooked but the bacon was nice.
The afternoon tea was adequate.
The evening meal was also just adequate, soup and pate quite tasteless but the risotto was lovely. Our waiter 'Chris' was friendly and very attentive. Big thankyou to Chris!!!! 13/8/14.
Reception staff were friendly and approachable. Offered advise on where to visit with the children.
Overall we enjoyed our visit, but to be fair, we would have had a nice break together wherever we went.
I maybe would return here if on offer again but wouldn't pay full price.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gph1979

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was nice to meet you during your stay and I hope you enjoyed the animal farm we recommended for you.

Thanks for your feedback for the food, soup and pate, I will pass the feedback onto our chefs.

I have discussed your feedback to Chris as well, he is a very friendly guy.

I hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was the second time we had stayed here. The first time was just after it had changed from Ramada to Urban. You can see that they have already improved on what was really good then. As other reviews have said rooms and facilities are looking tired but Rome wasn't built in a day and it certainly didn't affect how we enjoyed our stay there. The check-in was efficient and staff polite. We had ordered an Afternoon Tea, The restaurant staff member was polite, friendly and listened to our request for no mayonnaise in the sandwiches!! The gym/pool/spa area has recently been taken over by Craig and you can see he has started to work on things in that area and this can only be good (keep it up). The breakfast was hot and with a good variety of items and we enjoyed that too. We are due to go back again in October and are very much looking forward to it and the relaxation that staying there gives us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Thomas B, General Manager at Urban Hotel Grantham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Owen,

Many thanks for your review on our hotel and I am delighted that you had a good stay with us.

You are correct we are currently going through a big re branding process and we have come along way, and I have previously stated we still have a long way to go, but I also know that myself and the team will continue to ensure that every guest stay is as relaxing and great as we can.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Urban Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here for my daughter's wedding on the 8th August. We stayed for 2 nights and couldn't fault the hotel in any way. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast selection was wonderful (the best we've ever experienced). The staff did an amazing job making sure my daughter's wedding went well and they seemed to care about making it a special and perfect day. It is a great wedding venue. Joanne and Adrian had a wonderful wedding day

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that you had a lovely day and that your daughter had the day she wanted. It was a pleasure to be part of your day and host it for you.

When the photo's are completed I do hope that you bring them in to show us.

I look forward to welcoming you all back in the very near future.

Tom

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantham
Eden House Hotel
Ramada Resort Grantham
Stoke Rochford Hall
Stoke Rochford Hall
#1 of 1 in Stoke Rochford

Been to Urban Hotel Grantham? Share your experiences!