We booked a short break at the Angel and Royal for our wedding anniversary courtesy of Tesco clubcard vouchers. Our first impressions of this old Coaching inn were very favourable. Check-in was quick and efficient. We stayed in Room 103 which was split into two areas, a small sitting room with sofa, TV and hospitality trolley and a slightly larger sleeping area with a feature bed and surprisingly another flat screen TV. These areas were separated by a corridor containing a good sized immaculate bathroom. Our bedroom was directly opposite the kitchen and we were concerned the noise from the extractor fans would disturb our sleep so we closed the room windows which made it very stuffy but at least eliminated the noise. The second night we remedied this by turning off the radiator and opening the window and the noise from the fans was minimal. The light carpet in our room was marked and we couldn't decide whether it was stained or just marked with footprints. The bed was very comfortable. Sadly we were disappointed with breakfast, the toast on the first morning was cold, the scrambled egg overcooked and the sausage tasteless. On our second evening we dined in the magnificent Kings Room restaurant and the service we received from the restaurant manageress was excellent and the meal absolutely delicious. On the whole we enjoyed our stay at the Angel and Royal but probably will not stay there again as we have seen all the attractions in the area which we set out to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idyllically situated in the ancient market town of Grantham in the south-west corner of Lincolnshire. The Angel and Royal Hotel is an historic hotel in fact it is reputedly the oldest inn in Britain and has hosted seven Kings over the last 800 years. Today the Angel and Royal features an award winning restaurant, cosy firelit nooks and bars and modern conference facilities. Additionally Turpins Cocktail & Prosecco bar is a great place to enjoy pre-dinner drinks or to meet family or friends. The individually designed rooms feature modern interiors and colours which complement the magnificent original features of the building. They all offer the facilities required for a comfortable stay including en-suite bathrooms - Freeview TV - phone - free wifi internet access. All rooms are no smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Angel & Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Angel And Royal Hotel
- Angel Royal Hotel
- Angel Royal Grantham
- Best Western Angel & Royal Hotel Grantham, Lincolnshire