Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel. First I noted that there are no Blue Badge parking spaces. I made a request when booking for a low floor, because of my wife's disabilities and ended up on the second floor, there were no low floor rooms available and no record of my request.
Room ok, apart from leaving window open because of hot weather but with the constant noise of extractor fans we had to shut the window.
Beds were comfortable and the complimentary tray well equipped with biscuits and bottled water.
Friday morning breakfast was excellent. Staff were friendly and breakfast arrived speedily and was tasty and substantial, very pleased.
Saturday morning breakfast, had to wait for a table. When given a table, we were ignored by the staff, then had to wait over 30 mins for the cooked breakfast. When it arrived the bacon was dry, the mushroom was 1 mushroom the size of a 10 pence piece. Very disappointed but worse was yet to come !
Sunday morning breakfast, the hotel had opened the restaurant dining room to cater for the extra guests BUT even though we were only the third couple in the room at 8.20am, It was FORTY minutes before our cooked breakfast was on the table. The bacon was dry, the black pudding was cremated along with the fried bread and sausage. When we left the dining room a guest who ordered a boiled egg was still waiting !!
The breakfast for the Saturday and Sunday breakfasts were a disaster. A member of staff said the hotel was busy !!. If they cant even organise breakfast they don't deserve to run a hotel.
In summary, there is no way of me staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idyllically situated in the ancient market town of Grantham in the south-west corner of Lincolnshire - The Angel and Royal Hotel is an historic hotel - in fact the oldest inn in Britain - and has hosted seven Kings over 800 years - Today the Angel and Royal features an award winning restaurant - cosy fire-lit nooks and bars and modern conference facilities - The individually designed rooms feature modern interiors and colours which complement the magnificent original features of the building - They all offer the facilities required for a comfortable stay including en-suite bathrooms - Freeview TV - phone - internet access - All rooms are no smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Angel & Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Angel And Royal Hotel
- Angel Royal Hotel
- Angel Royal Grantham
- BEST WESTERN Angel & Royal Hotel Grantham, Lincolnshire