“Fabulous start to our holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grantham
Belvoir Vale Cottage B & B
Ranked #6 of 19 Grantham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here to break our journey from Edinburgh to Harwich. Directions were excellent and we arrived early evening. Susie met us and showed us around. We had the 2 rooms (twin and double) upstairs which were a good size with. Wonderful bathrooms with superb showers and a wonderful array of toiletries.
The breakfast was fabulous with my son having the biggest piece of bacon he had ever seen.

Susie and Norman were perfect hosts and it was a shame we couldn't stay longer but will remember it if we do that journey again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I arrived late in the evening and had to leave early for work so didn't get to spend as much time as would have liked. However, the short time that I spent here was a pleasure.
I was greeted very warmly by hosts Suzie and Norman who made sure I had everything I needed and more.
My room was lovely, had everything you could want, a good tv, tea/coffee biscuits, cold water and juice in the fridge. It was very clean and well prepared which was just what I needed after a long days driving and working.
My breakfast was made to order by Suzie nice and early as I had to get up early for work (thank you). A lovely spread of food and a good old yarn to start the day.
I was even sent off to work with a couple of her home made flapjacks! Which were delicious!
A faultless if only short stay. A wonderful place run by lovely people located in a wonderful part of the countryside.
5 stars, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A welcoming couple such a lovely homely atmosphere, was there on business but the stay was very calm and restful, beautiful breakfast, clean, spacious room, would definately recomend this delightful B & B

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The hosts Norman and Susie are lovely people and are very welcoming.
I relaxed as soon as I arrived there.
Everything was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was our fourth time staying with Suzie and Norm and we loved it just as much this time as before. After a terrible Bank holiday Friday drive down the M1 we were in a stressed state. Then lovely Norm welcomed us with open arms and gin and tonics and the world suddenly became much better. Suzie's breakfasts are the best in the business. They are a lovely couple whose attention to detail has made the most relaxing, lovely B & B you could find. We love them both and would just stay there permanently if they would have us. Thanks very much both of you and see you again no doubt.

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coolkoala
Reviewed 10 May 2013

After some weeks touring the UK my wife and I had learnt to trust TripAdviser so, when we saw that Belvoir Vale had one hundred percent ‘excellent’ ratings, our only concern was that there should be a vacancy. Luckily, there was.
The pleasant nature of our initial phone call made us feel welcome immediately and, by the time we arrived, Norman and Suzie had afternoon tea waiting for us. This included a specially home-made fresh-cream sponge with strawberries.
We felt so relaxed that we just sat and chatted with our hosts and another couple until it was time to go for dinner. To our surprise, Norman insisted that we should leave our car at the cottage while he drove us into the village to a very nice restaurant. He also picked us up afterwards so that we need not worry about having a glass or two of wine with our meal.
A stay at the Belvoir is more than just bed and breakfast. A young couple arrived rather late in the evening and, when our hosts realized that they had not yet eaten, Suzie whipped them up a quick meal, all as part of the service. They are truly generous and concerned hosts.
If there were a higher rating than ‘excellent’ Norman and Suzie would deserve it!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

If you are intending to stay in this beautiful area, then contact Suzie and Norman first.. relax
and let them do the rest. It's a b&b which goes beyond the norm, only three rooms and I
had the ground floor one, it's large with a separate sitting area, the comfiest bed and endless variety of drinks...teas...coffees etc. and enough different toiletries to set up a chemist shop!
The pot of tea around the dining table was accompanied by delicious home baked cakes but
I just have to tell you about the breakfast which put most 5 star hotels to shame..a table spread
with home made jams and marmalades..fresh fruit juice..platters of fresh fruit and home baked
bread..plus your selection from a full menu for those who like a full English..I couldn't fault it.

I shall go back without hesitation...oh and don't forget to ask Suzie about her floristry..she
even managed to rustle me up a bouquet for a friend at a moments notice.

Room Tip: The one downstairs for me...pretty cottage garden outside the window but if you opt for first floor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo