Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Helen T

Fabulous gem

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Oct 2023
Just returned from a fabulous three night stay at The Elton Guest House and what a gem of a place. The owners Jean and Shaun are so welcoming and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything you needed. We had gone as a belated anniversary celebration and when we arrived there was a bottle of fizz and card waiting for us. So much choice for breakfast and the cooked breakfast was great. We have no hesitation in recommending a stay here and can’t wait until we can return.
Date of stay: October 2023
    £84
    £87
3.2 miles from Elton Guest House
View more hotels in Grange-over-Sands
All reviews perfect hosts guest lounge bus stop top floor full english lovely breakfast nothing too much trouble enjoyed our stay lovely couple night stay a lovely stay every morning stayed here for nights min walk tea and coffee making facilities lovely room night's sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2023 via mobile

Never have I ever felt so welcomed and looked after! I travelled to the Lakes for an event and arrived later than I expected. Jean offered me tea and food and made sure I was comfortable. The event I had was very early meaning I had to leave the next morning at 5am. Jean offered me access to a breakfast the next day and even offered me a lift as the buses weren’t running at that time. I never met Shaun but the breakfast I had the following morning was beautiful. I had such a wonderful sleep in a very cosy IMMACULATE room. Everyhting is so well organised and well looked after and spotlessly clean. The pictures do not do this place justice. Would recommend this place in a heart beat and will 100% return in the future. Thank you for your kindness jean.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2023

Not strictly a visit, but...
We had a problem with our car in the carpark opposite their house. We found that there were no mobile connections on any of our phones. We knocked on their door to see if we could use their landline. They were exceedingly helpful - offering calls, shelter and drinks while we waited for the RAC. In addition to what they did for us we got to see the way that they were treating their guests, which again seemed excellent. Their hospitality comes highly
recommended.

Room tip: Can't comment on staying there. See comments section.
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2023

Sean and Jean were the perfect hosts, very attentive and made us feel very welcome in their lovely home. Wholesome and well cooked breakfasts. Exceptionally clean and tastefully decorated rooms. Plenty of sockets. Very comfortable beds and power shower. Big cotton towels. Great location as short walk to the station and ideal for bird watching at RSPB Leighton Moss. Plenty of cafes and quality shops to peruse and of course the wonderful Grange of Sands scenery to admire whatever the weather.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2023

Shaun and Jean were extremely accommodating to make sure our stay was as seemless as possible and truly looked after us with any requirements, we were greatly appreciative. I had been searching for a new place after staying at a previous guest house for approx 12 years up until the owners retirement and was very pleased to have found here if slightly different location as a replacement. Very central and very near to both train and bus links. Breakfast/options were more than catered for and we looked forward to each morning. The lounge is gorgeous and spacious where you can sit in and relax if you want an alternative to being in your room for a bit. We will certainly be looking to now have here as our new home as it were following our stay, our new base for any potential future trips up and will look to book here as our first choice as was perfect for us. We thoroughly recommend if you are looking for somewhere to stop in Grange.

Thanks

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2023

I booked for my elderly parents, everything I asked for was arranged for their check in and room. They both had an amazing stay. The room was large, clean and very comfy. Breakfast was the best so many choices. Friendly and professional nothing was too much trouble. I will certainly recommend to others and my parents want to stay again. Thank you

Room tip: Try to go down and see the badgers at about 10/10.30pm
Date of stay: August 2023