All reviews family room stayed here great dog excellent breakfast cycle route breakfast room travel cot tea and coffee facilities lake district attending a wedding enjoyable stay lovely room sea view full english geraldine grange lakes
Reviewed 12 December 2016

Fantastic Hotel, lovely staff and excellent breakfast. We stayed here as we were attending a wedding in the area a few miles away. Room was so cosy and we where really well looked after. We will be coming back next year for a little break.

Room tip: Lovely clean rooms with easy access to town centre
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2016

My wife and I are in our late sixties. We just went to Grange for one night on Bonfire night. Like most of the properties in Grange, Somerset House is old and has those stairs, where if you are getting, "a bit wobbly on the old pins", you are best letting them know in advance, so that they can allocate you a room without much climbing. "They", Dave and Geraldine are a lovely couple who were tireless in their work and fully dedicated to your enjoying your stay. Their friendly, good management ensures you have everything in place especially that all important breakfast. Looking around the breakfast room, there wasn't anything being left of the substantial, well cooked variety on offer. The rooms were old but very clean and warm and the bed very comfortable. All rooms have en suite. Other guests incuded families and couples of all ages so this is definitely not an old peoples home in disguise.
Now Grange doesn't offer a great deal by way of night life, but if you are looking for a break with a beautiful view and pleasant walks, then this is the place and Somerset House comes recommended by me. We dined out at a pub called the Pheasant, I'll write about it separately, but also worth a visit.

Room tip: You can ask for a view of the bay. Check ahead if you are not good with stairs
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Had long weekend at the Somerset loved the whole feel for the place, we checked in late on Friday which was no problem we were allocated room 2 which was a family room . The bedroom has a small bay view looking out the back window , spacious and well laid out room , plenty of tea and coffee facilities , compact bathroom , bed very comfy though pillows were a bit hard . Wi-fi was brilliant worked every time . Breakfast served between 8 and 9 , you have to request what you want the night before , thoroughly enjoyed it , lady who served us was called Debbie , she was a delight big smile and very cheerful. Dave the manager was very helpful , as I was unsure where to park my car during my stay as I was not using it, he gave me his space across the road for the whole of my stay . , we are planning to return to Grange and will have no hesitation in booking this B&B directly with them in the future .

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
topgordino, Owner at Somerset House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Regards,
Dave

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from a very pleasant week in Grange-Over-Sands. We stayed at Somerset House which is a really nice bed and breakfast in a convenient location. Geraldine and David, the owners, were both lovely and couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms were comfortable and very clean and not just in the bits that show. I know this because I had to retrieve an apple from under my bed and there was no fluff or dust under there at all. I am happy to recommend Somerset House.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
topgordino, Owner at Somerset House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Thank you for your comments.
Regards,
Geraldine

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Where to start???? We arrived at Grange over sands and headed off for a walk in the local area. When we arrived to check in at Somerset House we couldn't of been greeted in a more pleasant and professional manner. Geraldine and Dave are such a lovely couple, they spoke about the local area and attractions and where to go with our two young girls, one is 5 and one is 2. They spoke to the girls asked them their names, age etc and really got to know them. Geraldine took us up to our room, the family room. Room 8, she explained about the sofa bed and cot choice we had and the breakfast menu and then left us to it. Throughout our stay here they couldn't do enough for us, nothing was a problem. We returned later the first evening to find Geraldine had put the pull out bed up for us and had given us extra sheets. The next day when we said the little one didn't like the bed and we had had to move the beds together this was no issue at all and she told us to make ourselves and the girls comfy how we saw fit. We told her we were going to try her in the travel cot and when we returned later that day the cot had been put up complete with extra bedding!!! Like I said nothing was any trouble to them.

Breakfast was delightful, we chose our breakfast the previous night each time, with our girls not wanting a lot Geraldine told us to just jot down what they wanted and she would make it. They loved choosing their breakfast and it was delicious and hot. We were told to just ask for anything we needed whenever we needed it.

The girls and ourselves had an absolute ball here and we would recommend Geraldine and Dave at the Somerset house, Grange over sands to anyone. I will look forward to visiting again. Thank you so much to you both.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
topgordino, Owner at Somerset House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Hayley, how very kind of you to take the time to post a review and thank you for all the lovely comments. We really enjoyed meeting your lovely family and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best regards,