This is a lovely family-run hotel, nestling up the hillside a short walk away from Grange's shops and train station. Very homely and comfortable, we stayed in a good sized room which had a lovely view out onto the gardens.
The full English breakfast was great. Compared to other B&B breakfasts this didn't feel too heavy and it left just enough room for a few slices of toast. If you didn't want a cooked breakfast, there were good options for cereal, yoghurt and fruit including prunes and apricots. We were particularly impressed to find our room had been cleaned and tidied when we returned there after breakfast!
During a rainy afternoon we also stayed at the hotel for a pot of tea which was very relaxing sat in front of the log fire in the lounge/bar area.
We also ate our evening meal at the hotel on one night. This was, on the whole, very good although we felt the duck was a bit overcooked and mentioned this at the time. However, the slow cooked venison we ordered was pretty faultless; extremely tender and full of flavour.
All in all, a very enjoyable short stay; definitely recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel restaurant and bar open to non residents ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampsfell House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampsfell Hotel Grange Over Sands
- Hampsfell House Hotel Grange-Over-Sands, Cumbria