“outstanding”

Birchleigh Guest House
Reviewed 18 July 2013

my husband and I stayed here for one night last night and couldn't fault anything, all fabulous and of superior standard, hosts were super, very friendly and accommodating nothing was a bother, advised us of a good place to eat which was superb too, breakfast was the best ive had in a long time and we have stayed in a lot of B&Bs. Well done keep up the good work we will be back im sure

Room Tip: room 1 lovely and you could see Morecambe bay out the window
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chloeemily0

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This visit was our second to Birchleigh Guest House. Both times we have stayed the rooms have been immaculate. Every room is tasefully decorated and spacious. Beds are comfy and breakfast is plentiful. Unlike most places you visit the photographs on their website represent the rooms well. In faxt some dont do the space justice.

Highly recommended if you are looking for a relaxing retreat and a base for local activities. We (Couple and one 10 year old) went with friends (also couple with one 10 year old). It was a great base to travel to Bowness for the day. (Owners have great local knowledge) We also took our bikes and went to Grizdale forest mountain biking (30 mins away). The accommodation has a secure and alarmed bike shed.

Room Tip: Room 4 is at the top and is a tripple/family room (Double bed and real single bed)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joel R
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and was very happy with the place. The room was very nice, well decorated, clean and smart. The en-suite was really good too, quite modern with a great shower. The landlord and landlady are very welcoming and friendly too.
The best thing about this place for me was the breakfast. I had the full English which comes with locally sourced meat. The bacon is beautiful and on that basis alone i'd happily stay here again!
If you don't know the town then it's located on the high street and just a couple of hundred yards from the promenade. Unfortunately the British Legion closed down during our stay as there was not enough custom but it's still a nice little town. Cartmel, a couple of miles away, is a beautiful little village with a nice old priory and some good pubs.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We were given a warm welcome from Linda, Pete and Polly! The rooms were immaculate, tastefully decorated and peaceful. Breakfast was amazing, hot food served hot! Which is how it should be! We were in the lake district for a family event and just in conversation, my husband mentioned to Pete he was considering leaving his car at the event so he could have a pint, and enquiring about taxis. Pete offered to take us back in the morning to pick up the car! I have never known such kindness and generosity of spirit from an hotelier. We will be back for sure, whenever and wherever we are in the lakes. Highly, highly recommended. The Wrights, St Athan

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights and had a lovely time. The whole place is imaculately clean and Linda and Peter are very welcoming. The rooms are beautifully decorated and again, spotless clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the duvet fabulous!! Its all lovely and snuggly!!
The breakfast is wonderful, fresh fruit, juices, tea, coffee, full english breakfast and all locally sourced.
Its ideally placed within walking distance to the town centre and the promenade. I strongly recommend this guest house and will certainly return!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Busababe4
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I've just come back from a two night stay at Birchleigh Guest House. It was such a fantastic place to stay that I've already booked another two nights in May and a weekend at the end of August to attend the Cartmel Races. Linda and Peter make you feel so welcome and are happy to have a natter and see to any requirements you may have. It feels as if you're staying in a friends home. The décor of the rooms are of an extremely high standard and so clean. The bed was very comfortable. The duvet and pillows were amazing. I didn't want to get out of bed! I had a room at the back which meant I had fantastic views over the bay. Breakfast was also very good. I have to mention Polly. A little dog with a huge personality who also makes you feel welcome!! So very cute!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helsbels771
Reviewed 27 March 2013

A high quality B&B that was very reasonably priced.

I stayed two nights when attending the Morecambe Bay Partnership conference. I will certainly choose Birchleigh again if I come back to Grange over Sands, which I hope to do when walking one day.

Very close to the town centre, short walk to promenade and about ten minutes to station (and they offered to pick me up if I wanted). Helpful and friendly owners who are interested in their guests. High quality, well equipped and comfortable, good sized rooms, with excellent shower. I preferred a room at the back with view of the bay, but those at the front are quiet too – little traffic and excellent double glazing. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo